• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Speculation here:

We know that Senketsu looks a lot like Isshin. We also learnt this episode that Kamui consumes it's user and turns them into berserk monsters. So the later half of the story might be other berserk Kamui users and it will show why Senketsu is so special on it's own and why it has a personality of itself. Isshin may be consumed by Senketsu as he died and taking over the kamui and taming it for Ryuuko at the end. This is also why Senketsu looks a lot like Isshin.

KSai

So you're saying Ryuko was created to be the Ultimate Life Form

Add to this the fact that she doesn't know everything about her past but she's hellbent on revenge for a slain loved one that she may have misunderstood

All Hail Ryuko.

sonicmj1

Episode 5

This was a great episode. It was really different from the last one, but in many ways it was just as good. All the "club of the week" stuff has been buried in small asides, and the real A plot is still gradually revealing itself. It's kind of funny when you think back to all the complaining after episode 3 about a return to the status quo. The last two episodes haven't been anything like the first two.

ihWVR2BBxaI6z.jpg

This stylish palette swap also reminded me a bit of the "creative" use of colors in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, which is probably itself indebted to some earlier 80s anime that I'm not familiar with.

I really like Kinagase. The badass action and "I'll tell you two things" catchphrase reminded me of a Jojo protagonist, which is always fun. But there's some more subtle character-building going on. Just a few closeups of his hand on the gun, combined with the episode title ("Trigger") tell you a lot more about his backstory than the nuggets we received through exposition.

ibyqZCWesHMGm1.jpg

It's no good! I can't do it!

This is starting to get real interesting.

Episode 05

That was strong as fuck. Some really great character moments, world building, and great action. Last week was awesome, but this week's entry is probably my favorite thus far in terms of delivering on the crazy premise and expectations of the staff. I also think the action sequences here were leaps and bounds better than the Satsuki vs Ryuko face off back in episode 03 (keep in mind I quite liked that episode). Seeing Ryuko matched up with an opponent who by all means should be weaker was pretty cool.

Also legitimately sweet friendship moments as well.

Loved it.

Also like Sonicmj1 said, there's some neat character building done visually here which is much appreciated.

Best episode yet. Hentai-bu is a strong, stylish character that worked as a great way to reveal one of the factions that's in the mix and detail some of the history of the Kamui all at once. The action was great, and introduced an element that affects anyone wearing a uniform, previously thought to be untouchable. Mako continues to be likeable against all odds and Senketsu achieves bro status in a scene that managed to be informative, funny and even sweet.

All in all a fantastic episode that managed to cover a lot of ground and give the main plot a good shot in the arm.

Loved the 5th episode. 4th and 5th have been outstanding, each on their own way. Also dat Fantasia battle part with the music.

Saw this elsewhere -

I'm sure she was "cleaning," alright.

Ok, this show, I don't know where it's going but is going to be glorious.

I hope is not Mako the important character they decide to kill in the 7th episode or something. She is needed for the full series.

Silky

Banned
Kingase is a behemoth. Another great episode. Interested to see where this
Nudist Beach
stuff is going to.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Maybe Kinue never died. Maybe Kinue is still out there, as a hybrid human/kamui enraged by vengeance.

cntr

Banned
Ryuko's flashback of her father's death was so fast, it might not have been entirely accurate.

Yeah, for one, the body doesn't really look like the description of Isshin that Senketsu gives in Episode 2. That might've been just stylization; we didn't see Isshin in the photo of him and Ryuko we see in Episode 1.

NEO0MJ

Wow, best episode yet. I just hope the show doesn't fall flat at the end.

He probably just sprayed them down after she gave them a beatdown.

Besides, I don't think Nudistman has hanging bombs.

Wow, I never payed attention to this. I was expecting that there's more to Mako but this is downright sadistic.

Con_Smith

Banned
As much as I love seeing Makos underboob, not having her diva hand wave this episode was the only negative for me....

In all seriousness this anime has been pretty awesome so far. The speculation about my favorite character on the show though makes me feel good about not being alone. As much as I love a Mako speech, I hope she really is deeper then we think. Since she is with the others threaded in the opening credits and last weeks episode I'm hoping my prediction of her being forced into a suit or being a bit smarter than her appearances shows us comes true. If not I'll still love her wacky randomness and fan service as she brings a good feeling charm to klk.

Whats the big deal with episode 7 you guys keep posting abput btw?

LordCanti

As much as I love seeing Makos underboob, not having her diva hand wave this episode was the only negative for me....

In all seriousness this anime has been pretty awesome so far. The speculation about my favorite character on the show though makes me feel good about not being alone. As much as I love a Mako speech, I hope she really is deeper then we think. Since she is with the others threaded in the opening credits and last weeks episode I'm hoping my prediction of her being forced into a suit or being a bit smarter than her appearances shows us comes true. If not I'll still love her wacky randomness and fan service as she brings a good feeling charm to klk.

Who's talking about that? Abandonthread.jpeg

Spoiler Tag the shittttttttttt out of it. Do not want.

7Th

Actual facts: episode 7 was called by writer Nakashima "the must-watch for Mako fans"; it would sound pretty normal if it wasn't for the fact that episode 7 is also supposed to be a serious episode by Yuzuru Tachikawa, director of Death Billiards.

cntr

Banned
Actual facts: episode 7 was called by writer Nakashima "the must-watch for Mako fans"; it would sound pretty normal if it wasn't for the fact that episode is also supposed to be a serious episode by Yuzuru Tachikawa, director of Death Billiards.

Death Billiards? Haven't heard of that name before, but DEATH BILLIARDS is hilariously awesome sounding.

On-topically, I'm betting we'll see some interesting twists concerning Mako then.

My personal theory:
She's a spy sent to watch over Ryuko, but she'll switch over to Ryuko's side with the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP.

Gazoinks

Death Billiards? Haven't heard of that name before, but DEATH BILLIARDS is hilariously awesome sounding.

On-topically, I'm betting we'll see some interesting twists concerning Mako then.

My personal theory:
She's a spy sent to watch over Ryuko, but she'll switch over to Ryuko's side with the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP.

Y'know, that'd actually make sense with her speech this episode about having no friends. That'd be kinda cool.

I''m still pulling for her getting a kamui though.

rexor0717

Mako will be around to episode 24(26?), you better believe it.
just realized, the new dude's catch phrase is pretty much word for word to what Viral from Gurren Lagann says in his introductory episode
Just watched it, he totally does! Thats a cool reference.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
just realized, the new dude's catch phrase is pretty much word for word to what Viral from Gurren Lagann says in his introductory episode

cntr

Banned

Oh shit, didn't make that connection. Very cool. Too bad Viral's VA isn't voicing him, otherwise the reference would be complete.

Top Bottom