• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Gazoinks

The poster in the OP has a very retro style, like anime from 20-25 years ago. Does that carry rough to the show, or is it just for the promo artwork? Looks great

It's not something I'm that knowledgeable about, but KLK is definitely paying homage to a lot of goofy old school fighting shows the same way TTGL did for mecha shows.

I just started watching this today, and it's pretty great. Crazy, but great. The animation is really good and the fights are awesome. The plot (the real plot :D) seems pretty interesting as well.

It reminds me of this manga, Tokyo Girls Destruction, I read a while back.

Link Man

Banned
mako_mankanshoku_by_jellovert-d6sshzs.png

Link

Crocodile

The above screencap is glorious. Also preview for next episode looks HYPE. I could have sworn I saw a shot of the moon in there O_O

7Th

Episode 6 should be pretty dramatic;
seems like Sanageyama challenges Ryuuko to a one-on-one and gets easily defeated; he later gets a chance to recover his honor thanks to a Life Fiber power-up from Inumuta and the science crowd and manages to temporarily become more powerful than Ryuuko before going berserk and losing control. I really wonder what will come out of that; I doubt Sanagayama will die but...

Man, every time I begin to doubt this show (wasn't a huge fan of the last episode for whatever reason), it just throws that in my face and my anime spirit is renewed. So hyped for this episode.

kmax

Started watching this show after seeing the popularity it got around the net (including here). It's been a while since I watched anime, but I must say that Kill la kill is very spectacular. It's very fast paced, a bit weird, wacky and very perverted, making the combination of everything come together very well, weirdly enough. It's very fun and entertaining to watch. I've only seen 2 episodes so far, but I'm very impressed.

It reminds me a lot of Gurren Lagann in its nature in some way, which was an excellent show. Anyway, it's going to be interesting to see where the show's headed. Great start!

rexor0717

Started watching this show after seeing the popularity it got around the net (including here). It's been a while since I watched anime, but I must say that Kill la kill is very spectacular. It's very fast paced, a bit weird, wacky and very perverted, making the combination of everything come together very well, weirdly enough. It's very fun and entertaining to watch. I've only seen 2 episodes so far, but I'm very impressed.

It reminds me a lot of Gurren Lagann in its nature in some way, which was an excellent show. Anyway, it's going to be interesting to see where the show's headed. Great start!
It's by the same people that made Gurren Lagann, so you're right. The first episode really lays on the TTGL, but the show definitely has its own identity.

DarkKyo

Is this a show I could watch with my GF? She hasn't seen nearly as much anime as I have but she has been wanting to watch a new anime recently. I've been very interested in watching this one but I'm not sure if I should watch it solo or if she might appreciate it also. She's not really a fan of fan service stuff and as I haven't seen a full episode yet I'm wondering just how much there is or if the story/action is awesome enough to ignore the fan service.

Is this a show I could watch with my GF? She hasn't seen nearly as much anime as I have but she has been wanting to watch a new anime recently. I've been very interested in watching this one but I'm not sure if I should watch it solo or if she might appreciate it also. She's not really a fan of fan service stuff and as I haven't seen a full episode yet I'm wondering just how much there is or if the story/action is awesome enough to ignore the fan service.

Action is definitely awesome. Whether it's enough to ignore all the fanservice will vary from person to person, but yeah, there's a bunch. Whether it's satirical or not is open for debate if the first few pages of this thread are to go by.

I thought this was somewhat interesting from Trigger's weekly e-mail:

Hello fellow subscribers! How did everyone enjoy the 5th episode? Pretty hardboiled compared to the previous episode, right? A lot of people probably noticed the difference in the script. To reveal the secret, the scripts for episode four and five is actually not done by Mr. Nakashima. Episode four is done by the creative officer Hiromi Wakabayashi, and episode five is done by Hiroshi Seko! It's quite the surprise how the script can affect the tone of the work so much! Each and every staff has their own taste, for example Mr. Wakabayashi always manages to come up with the most playful ideas and Mr. Seko favors a hardboiled stories. To top it all off, Mr. Nakashima somehow manages to get more pumped up in the script meeting than the actual characters in KILL la KILL! It's really interesting to see how their taste reflects so much to the different episodes. Although all of the scripts will be done by Mr. Nakashima from episode 6, it may be interesting to re-watch the previous episodes with the individual script writers in mind.

Top Bottom