• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Crocodile

DAMN

From a technical aspect I don't think the animation was super impressive but what they did with what they had was a straight up work of ART. Music was also ON POINT in this episode.

DAMN.

SO GOOD.

rexor0717

Just watched episode 5 and 6 after almost giving up the series due to the amount of fanservice upsetting me. It seems that both of these episodes have toned down on that, leaving place for much more interesting character interaction/backstory and action, which is far more appealing to me.

I doubt its going anywhere, and I don't think we've seen the "worst" yet.

FluxWaveZ

I doubt its going anywhere, and I don't think we've seen the "worst" yet.

Then I'd just stop watching again if it ever gets to the point where I can't tolerate it anymore. As it stands now with the two previous episodes, it no longer seems to be a focal point of the series and has opened me up to what can be so great about Kill la Kill instead.

Dresden

DAMN

From a technical aspect I don't think the animation was super impressive but what they did with what they had was a straight up work of ART. Music was also ON POINT in this episode.

DAMN.

SO GOOD.

Superb background work helps a ton. I'd post more, but they're a bit too spoilery.

eU2UmXG.jpg

Crocodile

Then I'd just stop watching again if it ever gets to the point where I can't tolerate it anymore. As it stands now with the two previous episodes, it no longer seems to be a focal point of the series and has opened me up to what can be so great about Kill la Kill instead.

As we move further along in the series, I'm becoming more convinced that the heavier fanservice in the first few episodes wasn't because of "herp derp boobs" (or at least solely :p) but because the show was trying to (you can argue if they did a good job of it or not) to convey a message that culminated with the climax of the 1st Ryuko vs. Satsuki fight. To also be fair, while the show is clearly aimed at a male audience, this show has more manservice than any anime I can recall in ages. And I don't mean muscular men in Conan get-ups but straight up butts, nipple play and "the literal only reason a dick isn't flopping in your face right now is for the same reasons we can't show you exposed boob".

so1337

Episode 6

This episode didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I thought we've established that Kamui are way stronger than Goku uniforms. Sanegayama pretty much destroyed Ryuko even though she was able to hold her own against Satsuki and Junketsu."Blindness makes me stronger because of reasons." Lame.

edit: Also, no motivational speech by Mako. Super lame.

7Th

Also, yeah, this episode was the calm before the Mako storm, which overshadows it a bit, as good as it was.

Makocalypse!

Episode 6

This episode didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I thought we've established that Kamui are way stronger than Goku uniforms. Sanegayama pretty much destroyed Ryuko even though she was able to hold her own against Satsuki and Junketsu."Blindness makes me stronger because of reasons." Lame.

It was shown that Ryuuko can one-shot Uzu if she lands a hit; she just couldn't in round 2.

Chariot

Episode 6

Well, it Ryuko is actually stronger than him, but her problem was, that she could not hit him, due his speed and his ability of prediction. As seen in the last scene, after his blinding, he was even able to surpass Satsukis sense.

I love the episode preview being 10 sec of Mako, 2 sec of rapidly flashing images as if to parody the anime previews we have nowadays.

Also, the music when Sattsuki's mom started talking. Man I'm really looking forward to Sawano's work in the game.

Zeroth

I love the episode preview being 10 sec of Mako, 2 sec of rapidly flashing images as if to parody the anime previews we have nowadays.

Also, the music when Sattsuki's mom started talking. Man I'm really looking forward to Sawano's work in the game.

Actual facts: episode 7 was called by writer Nakashima "the must-watch for Mako fans"; it would sound pretty normal if it wasn't for the fact that episode 7 is also supposed to be a serious episode by Yuzuru Tachikawa, director of Death Billiards.

Maybe this is the reason and there's an earth-shacking revelation that they are trying to hide.

Or not.

so1337

It was shown that Ryuuko can one-shot Uzu if she lands a hit; she just couldn't in round 2.
Well, it Ryuko is actually stronger than him, but her problem was, that she could not hit him, due his speed and his ability of prediction. As seen in the last scene, after his blinding, he was even able to surpass Satsukis sense.
I guess so. It just didn't feel like he earned it and the convenient power-up seemed really hokey.

Busaiku

I guess so. It just didn't feel like he earned it and the convenient power-up seemed really hokey.

Nah, it makes sense to me now.
There are 2 opposing factions here, nudity and censorship.
Sanageyama's fully on the latter now, even moreso than Satsuki, who's now weaker because she's embracing nudity vs her censorship upbringing.

duckroll

Episode 6

The series sure has found its groove. It just feels more confident, more fun, and just more focused now. But one thing that really bothered me this week was... who kidnapped Sawano and replaced him with a competent composer?! Wtf? This isn't the janky and obnoxious Sawano music I've come to hate all the time. The selection was incredibly sharp and on point, and it actually sounded... cool. Impossible! Lol.

TheChits

The music when
Satsuki's mom was introduced
was too dope. Definitely agree with everyone saying the music was great this episode.

so1337

Nah, it makes sense to me now.
There are 2 opposing factions here, nudity and censorship.
Sanageyama's fully on the latter now, even moreso than Satsuki, who's now weaker because she's embracing nudity vs her censorship upbringing.
So kind of like a Dragon's Crown thread on Neogaf?

Umm, nevermind.

Jarmel

Banned
I actually had an issue with the first piece played in the episode. It was vocals thrown in there for like no reason and it was distracting.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, while it's no Gurren Lagann, the soundtrack has been steadily improving.

Still want an mp3 of the full DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY song

Raxus

Episode 6

The series sure has found its groove. It just feels more confident, more fun, and just more focused now. But one thing that really bothered me this week was... who kidnapped Sawano and replaced him with a competent composer?! Wtf? This isn't the janky and obnoxious Sawano music I've come to hate all the time. The selection was incredibly sharp and on point, and it actually sounded... cool. Impossible! Lol.

Suwano must have gotten a Mako pep talk. I think there were some new songs as well as stuff from the OST like the struggle music blaring was really good timing considering the situation.

fertygo

The OST in last 3 eps indeed sound.. decent, especially the track that appeared in this eps, much better placement too.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So am I think one one thinking based off the preview
that Mako is going to become a traitor or at least be tempted?

TheOGB

Banned
Nah man. Mako 2stronk
she will be a force all her own, singlehandedly taking out the opposition with her deadly broom arts

Soriku

Great episode. Before this one I didn't think much of Sanageyama, but this episode helped with his characterization a lot. Nice action and art this episode too.

Episode 6

I don't really know what else to say at this point. I've already shoveled a ton of praise onto the show and it hasn't disappointed me yet. The soundtrack is also coming into its own. Of course, I'd still be happy even if the entire OST consisted of variations of DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY. It's going to be this show's Happily Ever After apparently, only more prominent.

Episode 6 was awesome.

Damn, the designs for characters and stuff are so so good. That dudes Goku uniform transformed looked so cool. That one scene where it was walking towards Ryuko near the end and looked all ominous and stuff was epic.

Looks like Satsukis got some problems to deal with with
Junketsu
and possibly
Blind Small Dick Elite 4 guy

LordCanti

It sounds like she'll be
upgraded to a one or two star and moved into the nicer area of the city. Hence "landing in the lap of luxury". My hope is that Gama-chan will be the one to promote her, since he seemed impressed with her the last time. I'd like to believe that Mako wouldn't turn on her one and only friend though; Especially since she may be a broom wielding assassin of some sort.

Then again, with this show, her Dad may just
win at pachinko or some shit.

i was kinda disappointed with the suit .
I certainly didn't expect a mecha suit. Maybe a samurai suit or something. but not THAT. Now im kind of worried about the other elite 4.

TheOGB

Banned
Oh damn, that's unfortunate

i was kinda disappointed with the suit .
I certainly didn't expect a mecha suit. Maybe a samurai suit or something. but not THAT. Now im kind of worried about the other elite 4.
Yeah, wait
If Uzu got a mecha, what the hell is Gamagori gonna have?!

Top Bottom