• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Soma

The Mako and Ryuko scenes were really adorable and Gamagoori
revealing that he's a huge masochist
was hilarious. Pretty okay episode as it was mostly a set-up for next week's events.

Really looking forward to the next several episodes.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kill la Kill Episode 8:

Ah yes, it is the dawning of a new arc for Kill la Kill as we begin the reprisals or natural or elections for a new order as Honnouji Academy enters into a period of anarchy. This is a strange turn of events on the surface, since if we were to discern alignments here, Lady Satsuki would be Lawful Evil, with emphasis on the law part. There is a grand plan in place here and this is phase two of her exercising Social Darwinism upon her academy, very much purge the weak and the strong getting stronger mentality. Indeed the biggest focal point does seem to be Ryuko, it is also clear that Lady Satsuki is building her into perhaps the biggest bullet, but who is it aimed for?

Anyway, this show is getting batter about balancing the manic energy with the much needed character development with Ryuko and Mako giving that team quite the rise as we see they officially have that two school girl friendship thing going on at the moment. Also, yea, I can see why people feel like Ryuko is the weakest part of this program as she doesn't have a lot going for here right now. We also get some insights into Gamagoori, maybe too much depending on you point of view. Still, we have finally reached the point we have been aching for since Episode 3 and about time as well. I look forward to the next episode with great anticipation.

joe2187

Banned
God this show is like pure adrenaline.

Cant wait for the next epsiode.

GAMIGOORI

i351UcR4Jl4WY.gif

Ninjimbo

My enjoyment of Kill La Kill is derived primarily through how much screentime Satsuki gets. Today, she got a few scenes and an awesome flashback, therefore..,

FUCKING, HOLY SHIT AMAZING EPISODE!

Seriously, it was so good. The Elite 4 are a great collection of guys and one gal. I can't wait for next week. The climax is coming!

Shame Daisuki is throwing people under the bus because that was a good episode. Gamagoori is walking away with the best of the elite 4 crown. Get your act together big hat loli.

LeleSocho

Banned
Kill la Kill 8 - 18:17 is a way less badass wannabe of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 8 - 20:36 (do not watch this if you haven't seen TTGL)

rexor0717

God, why is this show so amazing? God fucking damn.
Gamagoori, the one phallic symbol to rule them all? Btw, he is the best of the Elite 4 by far, I really hope he and Satsuki are a thing by the end of the show. He devotion is too strong.
Also, I love Satsuki's menacing theme, it gets better each time they use it.

Anyone know when the OST drops? I'm really partial to Satsuki's fanfare among others but yeah, do want.

EDIT: Apparently it's on Christmas day!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I've already fantasized about Ryuko using Scissorcalibur vs Senjougahara and her Unlimited Stationary Works.

It is a thing of beauty.

(The woman with the other half of the scissor blade is none other than SENJOUGAHARA)
I like the way you think.

Crocodile

Gamagoori used Bide

IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Great episode though it felt a bit like a cock tease since it ended just before things were going to get really good. My only complaint is that I can see the animation shortcuts everywhere. It's a shame the show is so obviously low budgeted. Considering some of the things they are already able to pull off (like episodes 3 and 6) if they had more money the show would probably melt your eyeballs off with the insane action.

LordCanti

God...the fanart after this one....just imagine all the things that Satsuki-sama will
be jamming up his ass and/or beating him with.

Edit: I checked and...it's already happening.

rexor0717

Gamagoori used Bide

IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Great episode though it felt a bit like a cock tease since it ended just before things were going to get really good. My only complaint is that I can see the animation shortcuts everywhere. It's a shame the show is so obviously low budgeted. Considering some of the things they are already able to pull off (like episodes 3 and 6) if they had more money the show would probably melt your eyeballs off with the insane action.
I see what you did there.

Yeah, this episode was on the lower end of the animation spectrum, but it still oozed style.

Also, Mako x Ryuko is starting to grow on me after this episode.

TheOGB

Banned
God...the fanart after this one....just imagine all the things that Satsuki-sama will

...It's a good thing I saw this post before I decided to get on tumblr

Thoraxes

KLK - 08

Really awesome awesome awesome episode. Great focus, great story, and really nice backstory.

Dat Gamagōri!

Holy shit at the
4:3 for the flashback!

Next week is when I blow my animation boner off of my body into a million pieces.

Really looking forward to that A LOT!

Gamagori certainly became an..interesting character after this episode, it's a shame
Matoi fights him first, I feel he would've made a better candidate for the last Elite Four to fight against.

Also, I totally didn't get Naturals Election = Natural Selection till I saw it here. =|

rexor0717

While I'd enjoy seeing Ryuko fight all of the Elite 4, I don't feel like that matches the way the show works. Its too straight forward.

Dresden

While I'd enjoy seeing Ryuko fight all of the Elite 4, I don't feel like that matches the way the show works. Its too straight forward.

I can see NUDIST BEEEEACH crashing the party after the Gamagori fight. After how she fared against Sanageyama, there's no way she can run the gaunlet against all the elites.

And I guess Satsuki's endgame is her making Ryuuko her tool, or just absorbing Sanketsu if that doesn't work out. The Gamagori flashback was pretty telling.

LordCanti

Gama-chan's Goku uniform basically works like this:

Get hit a lot
Convert that energy into one huge attack

So far, Ryuko's problem during Elite Four fights is that
it's been hard for her to get a hit
so it's possible that she might just
slice him right to fuck in one go
and end the fight in a ridiculous manner.

But yeah, two of the other three don't seem combat specced at all. The one guy seems
like he manipulates info/data
and Big-Hat Loli
seems like her strength might be leading people ala a band leader.

Zeroth

Gama-chan's Goku uniform is basically works like this:

Get hit a lot
Convert that energy into one huge attack

So far, Ryuko's problem during Elite Four fights is that
it's been hard for her to get a hit
so it's possible that she might just
slice him right to fuck in one go
and end the fight in a ridiculous manner.

But yeah, two of the other three don't seem combat specced at all. The one guy seems
like he manipulates info/data
and Big-Hat Loli
seems like her strength might be leading people ala a band leader.

Or she could just, you know,
push him down the platform

LordCanti

New theory:

What if his uniform
goes off and accidentally impales/kills the other three members of the elite four. No one knew what Sanegayama's uniform transformed into, right? If they don't know what Gama-chan's suit transforms into, they wouldn't know that they needed to block.

wsippel

Banned

Wouldn't it make more sense the other way around? High ranked people who have a lot of responsibility often tend to enjoy playing the submissive role behind closed doors, apparently.

welp, crunchyroll doesnt let me watch the series in my region. fuck them.
If daisuki doesnt upload it, I can't watch the series anywhere else.

What the fuck has happen to daisuki? Arent they going to put more episodes up ever? its the fault of the guy who downloaded it from that other web before time?

wsippel

Banned
Gama-chan is
a masochist.
Not unexpected. Similar reasoning. I guess they wouldn't be compatible in the first place. :)

welp, crunchyroll doesnt let me watch the series in my region. fuck them.
If daisuki doesnt upload it, I can't watch the series anywhere else.

What the fuck has happen to daisuki? Arent they going to put more episodes up ever? its the fault of the guy who downloaded it from that other web before time?
I guess Daisuki is just slow. They're a joint subsidiary of several anime production studios and Japanese TV stations, they won't lose their licenses that easily.

Top Bottom