• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Part of the jokes in the show require the fan service. Parts of the show would get lost or be completely different by no fan service.

rexor0717

I'm thinking that Satsuki is trying to train Ryuko to get on her level so that Satsuki can fight her mother. She saves Gamagoori not just because she likes him but because she still needs all the muscle she can get.

Zeroth

That was a great episode. Looking forward for next week's episode with
the pseudo-kawaii girl.
Also, seems like Ryuko
might get herself in danger due to pushing Senketsu.

7Th

That was a great episode. Looking forward for next week's episode with
the pseudo-kawaii girl.
Also, seems like Ryuko
might get herself in danger due to pushing Senketsu.

It feels like
she is the one getting crazy rather than Senketsu taking over; she is the one coming up with the reckless plans and even Senketsu is telling her that her blood is hotter than usual.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Ep 10 makes up for the lacklustre past few episodes, and with the preview for episode 11, i think the show is finally out of it's lull.

Gazoinks

Kill La Kill 10

Whew, thankfully this episode didn't kill (la kill) the pacing like I was fearing. Best episode in a while, after some episodes where it felt like it was kinda spinning without going anywhere. Seems like it's hopefully getting back on track now. Stuff may even actually get real for reals at some point.

cntr

Banned
That episode was great! But too short ;_;.

Inumuta getting trounced, and Nonon's goofy "uniform" was great. Can't wait for the next ep and NUDIST BEACH action, along with mysterious girl and the arrival of the Sanageyama rematch(?).

NotLiquid

Honestly I was getting pretty worried about
Ryuko pulling out transformations out of her ass but it seems like the ending implies its going to end up showing drawbacks. But it seems a bit to me as if the opposite of what they're expecting to happen is happening - the suit isn't taking over as much as Ryuko is forcing her dominance over the suit. A bit disappointed that Nonon didn't get her ass kicked as I'm still anticipating her to get served but overall a fun episode and I'm glad to see some of the Elite Four finally just be themselves.

Also I ordered the Senketsu Hoodie from AmiAmi. Looking forward to it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kill la Kill Episode 10:

Well now, that episode certainly contained a massive dose of character development as indeed we get the expected insights into Houka Inumuta and Nonon Jakuzure as we get two battles for the price of one. Also, the more we learn about the henchmen, the more we are learning about Lady Satsuki. Hell, even Ruyko gets a smidge of that this episode as we learn that Mako's antics actually soothe her and make her relax. Indeed, Nonnon raises a good point, what is Satsuki planning, somebody so cruel and icey is now showing mercy. Also, this episode contains your recommended dose of 100 percent pure distilled liquid crystal Les Yay. Maybe not even that since it does seem that Nonnon is in love with Satsuki, though I get the feeling that such emotions may not be reciprocal. The Senketsku is also evolving at a rapid rate, too rapid for some and it seems Nudist Beach is re-entering the picture along with a new player. Yea, all and all this was a damn good episode.

NotLiquid

I have to say this episode somehow made me dislike Nonon even more seeing how it really showed her true colors.

Satsuki seems to not care an inkling about what Nonon has to come with and seems to only keep her aboard since she's the biggest sheep of the group. Satsuki seemed to show more appreciation of Sanageyama and Gamagoori than Nonon. Considering the development of the previous characters actually painted some better pictures of them I expected Nonon to be the only one who might have had some sort of friendship with Satsuki and that her snobby attitude was just her being a showoff. But instead she's painted as being a stuck-up brat who has everyone bend down to her whim until Satsuki one ups her after prompted. This doesn't even seem like friendship, this seems more like Nonon exploiting her relationship simply because she wants to be know and renowned, and Satsuki being her shortcut. At least the other members had some personal experience to gain in terms of evolving their abilities; Nonon is probably the most shallow Elite Four member.

Seeing her lose her cool in the ending was immensely satisfying. The bitch in sheep's clothing is coming out of her shell.

Ghost King

Neo Member
first time commenting KLK

Ep 10

This episode is so good, but I think that the first battle was a little too short and the way that Ryuko wins was surprisingly easy, I guess that was to remark the theme of these episodes that senketsu is evolving so much in just so little time

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I have to say this episode somehow made me dislike Nonon even more seeing how it really showed her true colors.

Satsuki seems to not care an inkling about what Nonon has to come with and seems to only keep her aboard since she's the biggest sheep of the group. Satsuki seemed to show more appreciation of Sanageyama and Gamagoori than Nonon. Considering the development of the previous characters actually painted some better pictures of them I expected Nonon to be the only one who might have had some sort of friendship with Satsuki and that her snobby attitude was just her being a showoff. But instead she's painted as being a stuck-up brat who has everyone bend down to her whim until Satsuki one ups her after prompted. This doesn't even seem like friendship, this seems more like Nonon exploiting her relationship simply because she wants to be know and renowned, and Satsuki being her shortcut. At least the other members had some personal experience to gain in terms of evolving their abilities; Nonon is probably the most shallow Elite Four member.

Seeing her lose her cool in the ending was immensely satisfying. The bitch in sheep's clothing is coming out of her shell.
It is indeed less friendship and more psycho lesbian obsession quite honestly.

Jarmel

Banned

Yea I thought the relationship would be a lot deeper but nope. In fact, the anime has done a somewhat lousy job of depicting Satsuki as an actual human being instead of all keikaku and philosophy. Nonon's flashback only made this worse.

Gazoinks

Yea I thought the relationship would be a lot deeper but nope. In fact, the anime has done a somewhat lousy job of depicting Satsuki as an actual human being instead of all keikaku and philosophy. Nonon's flashback only made this worse.

I'm hoping they'll deconstruct it at some point and it'll turn out to all be kind of a facade over a surprisingly weak person or what have you. But only time will tell.

7Th

I don't think Nonon is using Satsuki,
I think Nonon doesn't want to recognize she is just being used by Satsuki and has created a fantasy in her head in which she is actually Satsuki's friend.

I actually think the show is going to blow-up Ryuuko's and Satsuki's objectives in their faces; Ryuuko will realize that the truth is much harsher than she expected and Satsuki will realize what she has sacrificed to gain power and reshape reality.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I'm hoping they'll deconstruct it at some point and it'll turn out to all be kind of a facade over a surprisingly weak person or what have you. But only time will tell.

I think the ship has kind of sailed on that one since it kind of goes against literally everything we have seen of her up to this point.

Jarmel

Banned
I actually think the show is going to blow-up Ryuuko's and Satsuki's objectives in their faces; Ryuuko will realize that the truth is much harsher than she expected and Satsuki will realize what she has sacrificed to gain power and reshape reality.

I hope this happens soon as we're going to be eleven episodes in and not only have the lead two been pretty static in character development, we also apparently don't know jack about Satsuki.

This ball needs to get rolling and soon.

NotLiquid

I don't think there's much implying that she's actually frail (seeing how controlling Junketsu is one fucking massive conviction and it doesn't seem to want to abide to her) but I think her being defeated and stripped of her power/position if someone else takes over the villain role (her mother possibly) means she'll have to be brought down to ground level and learn some humility. Nonon's flashback was rather telling, even in pre-school she didn't know any other kind of reality and was a dominant person.

I don't know I just want to see Ryuko bring her over to the Mankanshoku household for dinner and see how she'd handle a lifestyle opposite of everything she's accustomed to or something.

This is definitely what it's building up to. We've got another 15 or so episodes and Ryuko has already plowed through half of Satsuki's goons. You just don't "promise" the truth like that and such a straightforward gauntlet without something getting in the way.

I'm just going to assume that at some point the Nudist Beach and the real antagonists are going to come in and crash the party leaving both Ryuko and Satsuki in the line of fire.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I hope this happens soon as we're going to be eleven episodes in and not only have the lead two been pretty static in character development, we also apparently don't know jack about Satsuki.

This ball needs to get rolling and soon.

This is incorrect, we are actually learning quite a bit about Satsuki episode to episode since those flashbacks are not just about the elite four but they are about her as well.Though I will say her most intriguing bits of Satsuki have been moments of unexpected warmth as we have seen things like mercy and even compassion are not entirely alien to her ethos.

Jarmel

Banned
This is incorrect, we are actually learning quite a bit about Satsuki episode to episode since those flashbacks are not just about the elite four but they are about her as well.Though I will say her most intriguing bits of Satsuki have been moments of unexpected warmth as we have seen things like mercy and even compassion are not entirely alien to her ethos.

All we've seen from the flashbacks is that she was just as keikaku as a kid as she is now. There is still not much insight into her own reasoning.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
All we've seen from the flashbacks is that she was just as keikaku as a kid as she is now. There is still not much insight into her own reasoning.

I do agree that there are many cards left to be revealed but she isn't a total enigma either.

Jarmel

Banned
I do agree that there are many cards left to be revealed but she isn't a total enigma either.

The only glimpse that we have into her mind is that one flashback about her introduction to Junketsu. The rest has been her planning or giving inspirational speeches/philosophy.

Silky

Banned
I actually like Nonon a bit more after her little flash back episode. I don't like how Ryuko's essentially going the Baoh route with Senketsu's abilities. But if it's for the sake of speeding this part up? So be it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The only glimpse that we have into her mind is that one flashback about her introduction to Junketsu. The rest has been her planning or giving inspirational speeches/philosophy.

Once again not true, we have plenty of glimpses into her mind which do kind of all add up to give me the power to revolutionize the world. What I am saying is the planning and philosophy are the lion's share of her personality at this juncture. As far as her supposed lack of motivation, I think that is being intentionally held back.

Top Bottom