• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Jex

One day, I have to imagine, nay believe, that there will be a well animated fight sequence with good choreography. Right guys?

Right?

Guys?

sleepykyo

Kill la Kill Episode 10

MjJ7mVC.gif

Nonon is fucking incredible.

Clone army.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
One day, I have to imagine, nay believe, that there will be a well animated fight sequence with good choreography. Right guys?

Right?

Guys?

We can only hope that all the talented animators at trigger are saving the goods for the second half of the series

Nerokis

Wow, what a great episode! I felt so into it the entire time. The show felt on the verge of losing its groove with a handful of underwhelming episodes, but I'm definitely feeling it again. So excited for next week.

7Th

I think that Satsuki is going to try and match Ryuko's transformation technique, but since Junketsu doesn't really give a damn about what happens to Satsuki, she's going to go out of control, and Nudist Beach were afraid of that happening to Ryuko because they underestimate the bond between her and Senketsu.

Both Ryuuko and Satsuki will go berserk in
a Yoshinari-animated
mid-season climax; Ryuuko will manage to regain control, but she will be left with a psychological scar that will prevent her from properly wearing Senketsu. I'm actually 100% sure of the bit with Ryuuko (temporarily) losing the ability to wear Senketsu because it happens in all Imaishi anime: Simon lost the right to pilot Lagann and Panty lost her angel powers.

Jarmel

Banned
a Yoshinari-animated
mid-season climax; Ryuuko will manage to regain control, but she will be left with a psychological scar that will prevent her from properly wearing Senketsu. I'm actually 100% of the bit with Ryuuko (temporarily) losing the ability to wear Senketsu because it happens in all Imaishi anime: Simon lost the right to pilot Lagann and Panty lost her angel powers.

Yea Ryuuko is going to lose the ability to use Senketsu, it's just a matter of when and for how long.

Now what would be interesting is if they killed 'Senketsu' off ala Kamina. Sends her into depression bout and we might get a new costume for the 2nd cour.

zeemumu

a Yoshinari-animated
mid-season climax; Ryuuko will manage to regain control, but she will be left with a psychological scar that will prevent her from properly wearing Senketsu. I'm actually 100% sure of the bit with Ryuuko (temporarily) losing the ability to wear Senketsu because it happens in all Imaishi anime: Simon lost the right to pilot Lagann and Panty lost her angel powers.

And Satsuki gets defeated only for her mother to become the new antagonist most likely.

Yea Ryuuko is going to lose the ability to use Senketsu, it's just a matter of when and for how long.

Now what would be interesting is if they killed 'Senketsu' off ala Kamina. Sends her into depression bout and we might get a new costume for the 2nd cour.

Senketsu gets killed and she goes into a deep depression, then she finds a box in a ravine where Satsuki's mother was tossing old life fiber costumes and finds a new one. Then they go to space for some reason.

Jarmel

Banned
Senketsu gets killed and she goes into a deep depression, then she finds a box in a ravine where Satsuki's mother was tossing old life fiber costumes and finds a new one. Then they go to space for some reason.

Even better, the box at the bottom of the ravine is full of Makos.

Link Man

Banned
And Satsuki gets defeated only for her mother to become the new antagonist most likely.

And then drown in a sea.

In space.

Evilisk

Soooooooo the skull Nonon wears belongs to her dead pet monkey, right?

Seems like it

Since we're still 1 flashback short of knowing Nonon's whole story, who wants to bet Satsuki probably got her to kill her monkey in some twisted show of loyalty?

I mean it's clear she's always been manipulative since she was a kid but not "I want to hear your screams" kind of sociopathic. That was probably the turning point.

super2j

Neo Member
Thinking back on it, her dad looked super ridiculous, like igor. How much you wanna bet he is just a mad scientist and not her biological father. Maybe she is a test tube baby? A clone of her "mother"? a link between life fiber and humanity? Which is why she is so good at working with Senketsu?

:O what if.... all this is a delusion inside of Satsuki's mind? And they are all dolls, which is why they sometimes animate like cutouts(in story justification for low budget).

Odrion

Banned
I don't know about the other two, but Gamogoori and Nonon seem to project their ideals onto Satsuki more than they should. I got a feeling Nonon's arc will end with her finding out that Satsuki cares very little about her, and it'll cause her to crumble to pieces.

NEO0MJ

I don't know about the other two, but Gamogoori and Nonon seem to project their ideals onto Satsuki more than they should. I got a feeling Nonon's arc will end with her finding out that Satsuki cares very little about her, and it'll cause her to crumble to pieces.

The scene where she flew to Satsuki and was talking happily while Satsuki ignored her was pretty sad.

I've felt like the whole scissor thing might be a metaphor since the beginning. I don't know if I want to be right or wrong though.

I thought it was hinting at them being sisters ... or half sisters.
Always thought it strange that they have the same color eyes and hair when normally shows try to make the antag and protag look completely different.
Plus, her mother doesn't share her hair color so I'm guessing she got it from her dad.

So what's the general concensus on this show now? I stopped after episode 1 and have since cancelled Crunchyroll after Titan ended. I could read the thread over, but am afraid of spoilers.

Also, is Space Dandy set for Crunchyroll release?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So what's the general concensus on this show now? I stopped after episode 1 and have since cancelled Crunchyroll after Titan ended. I could read the thread over, but am afraid of spoilers.

Show is still pretty fun to watch though the past few episodes have been hit or miss. I won't spoil anything but the next few episode seems to be setting up some pretty big things so it can only pick up from here.

Consensus is that it's definitely worth a watch if you don't mind fanservice. As for Space Dandy, Funi has the license. Crunchy may sublicense in a similar manner to Titan and One Piece, but that's no guarantee.

Evilisk

It's decent, maybe a little overhyped by some depending on who you ask.

Personally there have been only two episodes in this show so far that I've really loved (episode 5 and episode 10) the rest have been so-so, some episodes have been okay, some have been fairly boring though it consistently seems to have iffy pacing (for me at least). While the last episode has been fairly good and it definitely seems to be building up to something good, I get the feeling that this build up might peak sooner than it should. That's just my opinion though.

Also whether we can recommend it depends on how you viewed the fanservice in episode 1. To be blunt, that fanservice is not going anywhere, so if it really deters from your enjoyment of the show then I personally wouldn't bother with the show (a lot of people already have

FluxWaveZ

Also whether we can recommend it depends on how you viewed the fanservice in episode 1. To be blunt, that fanservice is not going anywhere, so if it really deters from your enjoyment of the show then I personally wouldn't bother with the show (a lot of people already have

To this point, I wouldn't necessarily say that one should avoid it all because of the fanservice. In any case, what made me not give the series up completely was after the episode where Ryuko's perception towards her transformation outfit changes, which at least changes the dynamic of the depicted fanservice. What I can't stand above all is when a character is a target of fanservice and they constantly act anime-bashful towards it, which stops being the case after a certain point.

Mistle

Does this show feel like a big adventure with cool/interesting characters, like Gurren Lagann?

I watched the first episode and while I loved the art/animation, I'm worried it might just be a lot of episodic fighting. I really enjoy fight scenes but they have to be complimented with down time and character growth.

Evilisk

Does this show feel like a big adventure with cool/interesting characters, like Gurren Lagann?

I watched the first episode and while I loved the art/animation, I'm worried it might just be a lot of episodic fighting. I really enjoy fight scenes but they have to be complimented with down time and character growth.

To answer your question, no, it doesn't feel like a big adventure like Gurren Lagann.

The show is more static than GL; all but one of the characters that aren't throwaway or villain of the week material all get introduced in episode 1 and all of the episodes so far take place in, or at least, around Honnouji Academy.

Just to get it out there, yes it is a lot of episodic fighting. There's a lot of exposition and character growth, particularly with Ryuko though nobody else gets any attention, backstory or anything really until episode 6 and upwards (and that's kind of bad since I don't find Ryuko to be all that interesting).

The characters are all interesting in their own right though, I know I've only really stick with this series so far because of Nonon and she did not disappoint. And while I don't understand the love for some other characters (like Sanageyama or Glasses) all the characters seem to be generally well received.

Top Bottom