• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

7Th

The only episodes I've found disappointing were 8 and 9 because they should have a single one.

Either way, episode 11 is pretty grea;, "fixes" a lot of the complaints
(Ryuuko basically beats Nonon by herself and the story gives a large leap forward)
and it's filled with great action animation.

LordCanti

Crunchyroll wouldn't show me the episode at all on the PS4 and it froze four times on the PC (on a 60mbit line, I think it's just their shitty player). They've just lost my business for next month. This wasn't the first time the CR experience I'm paying for was hot fucking garbage.

With that out of the way....

KITTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Moaradin

I'm enjoying Kill la Kill even though there hasn't been much serious plot progression. The show is just damn fun and crazy. It just oozes style and I love it. I'm still holding out for that Gurren Lagann episode 8 moment, but I have enjoyed all 10 episodes so far.

7Th

I think they're finally going to pull the
Mako and her family SAVE THE DAY thing they've been hinting at since episode 5.

Episode - 11

Now comes the part where we wave our hands in the air and say its happening. Ready?

READY!

ITS HAAPPPPPEEENNING.

2371600-9530080022-13605.gif

FluxWaveZ

Episode 11

Not bad. Wasn't feeling great about the episode in the first half with the fight against Nonon, although at least the air combat was dynamic. The latter half, though, was pretty good.

phaze

Wasn't a big fan of the Nonon battle but the ending made up for it. Thankfully we're freed of the shackles of the tournament formula.

Heysoos

Crunchyroll wouldn't show me the episode at all on the PS4 and it froze four times on the PC (on a 60mbit line, I think it's just their shitty player). They've just lost my business for next month. This wasn't the first time the CR experience I'm paying for was hot fucking garbage.

With that out of the way....

KITTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Crunchyroll has been total shit for a while now. It sucks.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kill la Kill Episode 11:

Yea, wow, the grand shifting we were waiting for came early and came fast, shit is not supposed to be getting this real, this fast. Next week can not come soon enough.

LordCanti

Having had time to digest the episode (and lunch):

1. The fight with
Nonon
was awesome. It really was. They animated it on a shoestring budget obviously, but it still looked really cool and was entertaining. Oh and Nonon has
nopai.

2. I like that
the fights are over, basically. It's also great that Nudist Beach and Satsuki's mother are finally getting involved and moving the plot along

3. I feel bad for anyone expecting a
Sanegayama rematch.

4. How cool is Nia Nui?

5. Mako and Gama-chan forever.

6. Satsuki's mother
with a whole closet full of Kamui?

7. Satsuki's
Papa in-charge of the Kiryuin group while her mother is just in charge of the lesser group. Lasto Bossu?

y15W9U3.gif

Crunchyroll has been total shit for a while now. It sucks.

Yeah =/ It seems better on the PS4 than on the PC, which is why I was really pissed off when it wouldn't play at all. It might play now, but it's not quite a simulcast if it's an hour later. Their TL's aren't great either, but who knows who is responsible for those. Daisuki's stream is lower res and lower bitrate, but it's free and it doesn't freeze multiple times.

duckroll

Episode 11

10/10. I got everything I wanted from the series this week. Nudist Beach on the move. More developments on Revocs. Actual action animation. Lots of fun shit. Great background animation. Killer developments at the end. It's nice to see the show actually moving forward. Almost makes up for the last 4 lacklustre episodes. Almost.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Well, this show had an incredible Hype la Hype to live up to, not to mention quite a few people expected another Gurren Lagan, so yes, I can certainly see on a disappointment scale that can be judged rather harshly. Still, yea, I am with the people who think Kill la Kill has thus far lived up to the challenge for the most part.

Agreed

TheChits

Great episode.
Ragyo
is just fabulous. I feel like I noticed the music a lot more, but that may just be her theme getting me too hyped. Mako's interactions with the elite 4 remain one of my favorite parts of the show

KarmaCow

The music, or rather the contrast with
Harime's mannerisms was so good. It really showed how she is on a completely different level.

The finale of Ryoko vs. Nonon was great. EN-COR-E!

I had a feeling something big was going to happen the moment the new girl showed up.
I knew she would be a bigger threat than Satsuki (does THAT look like the face of mercy?)

And I had a feeling that
she was the one Ryoko was trying to find (Or so she claims).

Now that she knows, I can't wait to see what happens next week.

rexor0717

Hot damn, shit got real. This episode was amazing, especially that ending. Ragyo seems pretty damn awesome too.
Also, this episode continues to close in on the idea that Satsuki is trying to get Ryuko as an ally.

LordCanti

Someone gif the fabulousness that is Ragyo. This is the week of shit getting real apparently.

The real GIF that needs doing is
Saru-chan flying off the platform and down to his doom. There's got to be a BishBanned and/or Thread Abort GIF in there somewhere.

harSon

Banned
The show has been a bit disappointing for me, but it's still serviceable. I think it's a bit too repetitive for my liking, and has the depth of a roadside curb, but it does enough right to keep your interest peaked from week to week. But for these before mentioned reasons, I think this is a show that is best watched on a week to week basis, as opposed to a marathon session. It's repetitive and depthless qualities would stick out infinitely more if you were powering through the season over the course of a few days or a week, as opposed to few months.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Ep 11:

This is what i've wanted this show to be all along, hopefully the nonstop ride can start now, despite those earlier stumbles

Dresden

If this does happen, I'm calling him Sanageyamcha for the duration of this show

Sanageyamcha :-(

---

The Nonon fight wrapped up terribly. A part of it has to do with how it's structured - a week's distance from what came before leaves the conclusion feeling cold - but for a battle centered around sound and music, the way it's used, both within the context of the show and the BGM, was really, really lacking. Probably the low point of the series as far as sound direction goes.

second half was gravy tho, dat Harime, dem revelatons

Dave1988

[Ep 11]

b0e.gif

Episode 12 prediction:

I'm betting that the scissor that Nui pulled out are a fake meant to rile Ryuuko up. She looks nothing like the woman in the flashback.

NEO0MJ

After the end of this episode (which was great BTW) I only have one question
how did the sword fit inside Harime's dress?

TheChits

[Ep 11]

Episode 12 prediction:

I'm betting that the scissor that Nui pulled out are a fake meant to rile Ryuuko up. She looks nothing like the woman in the flashback.

I'm gonna guess that
there is a scissor blade for every color of the rainbow.

Top Bottom