• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sanageyamcha :-(

---

The Nonon fight wrapped up terribly. A part of it has to do with how it's structured - a week's distance from what came before leaves the conclusion feeling cold - but for a battle centered around sound and music, the way it's used, both within the context of the show and the BGM, was really, really lacking. Probably the low point of the series as far as sound direction goes.

second half was gravy tho, dat Harime, dem revelatons

At least the nonon fight did have some very well animated cuts, it'll be awesome when trigger goes all out at some point
i hope ;___;

NotLiquid

... Huh

I didn't think I'd end up asking this question after today's episode but, where does this leave Satsuki I wonder? The only reason Ryuko harbors a grudge against Satsuki was because she thought Satsuki killed her dad. I'd have expected the big interruption to happen during their battle.

Though if the stinger for the next episode implies anything Ryuko is going to tear the entire academy apart. The amount of variables happening now are too many to even begin to grasp. Then there's also the Nudist Beach who pose an equally large threat to the only means Ryuko has to fight back. So many questions! So hyped for the next episode.

cntr

Banned
ncfN9wr.png

After all the Saint Seiya references I can't help but think that this is Imaishi take on "there is no better way to build up a set of sidekicks than make them the protagonist's enemies and rivals at the beginning"

Oh shit! It's no TTGL 11, but nothing is! Damn, some crazy developments going on here. Loved the end of Nonon's fight as well. The
shifting volume on both sides
was a really nice touch.

But man, those last 10 seconds or so... HYPE AS FUCK!

LordCanti

god daisuki is dragging with the english subs. i miss being able to watch this on thursday afternoons.

I was like "What is he talking about? I saw KLK 11 on Daisuki hours ago" until I went back and realized that they had posted it in every damn language BUT English. I guess I either have to keep paying for CR, or resign myself to the fact that I won't be watching a simulcast anymore.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
It seems like the last few episodes have been fillers up to this point. That second half and new music. I really really didn't want this episode to end. I wanted to see another episode 3 sooo badly with that reveal and reaction at the end.

Also am I wrong in thinking that Satsukis mom possibly has an entire wardrobe of kamuis?

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
What's the deal with Nui's eyepatch? It looks like a ne in katakana.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be her name. A combination of the ヌ(nu) and イ(i) katakana. Her name also means sewing. It's missing the top mark for the ネ katakana.

Edit: Also 針目(harime) means stitch

And now that I think about it, the 針 kanji means needle and the 目 kanji means eye. Maybe pertaining to her powers, hence the eyepatch.

Evilisk

Blade Regalia MK2? More like Jobber Regalia MK2 lolol

Just finished watching it, I legit laughed at Sanageyamcha/Teenage Student Ninja Yamcha/Jobber Regalia MK2 getting wrecked by a pinky. Too good.

I'll have a better write up later on, I'm still trying to think about whether I liked the episode or not. It managed to exceed all of my expectations for the episode, but not in a good way I think.

Just watched it, fantastic episode on everything and shit just got real at the end.
Nonon is still bestb rival. Dat music.
Also im glad yamcha's fight is already lost before starting. Take that shit out the way no one was looking on for.
The new girl breaking the 4th wall using the words and panels :O

Cant wait for the Elite 4 to fight in the good side becuase its going to be glorious.

Evilisk

Just read some discussion on 4chan, Someone pointed out that Ryuko has a red strand on her hair; and banshi are a single red strand as well. It'll be interesting if that turns out to be important.

Anyway think I've made up my mind; this was a pretty average episode, especially coming off the back of episode 10. I think the strongest point of this episode is all of the speculation that this episode has brought but this episode by itself wasn't all that great.

The first half of the episode was incredibly boring. As much as I liked the second form of Nonon's uniform, I feel like nothing of value would have been lost if it hadn't been there. Even the use of classical magic was really crappy compared to last episode, I thought it was better implemented there (where the music lined up with the fight) while here it was just playing in the background with no rhyme or reason.

The second half of the episode was much better with a lot of big developments and while it succeeded in getting me hype for next episode, I still found it pretty boring to watch by itself (I know it is absolutely awful to rewatch since it's 90% exposition). Also the speculation of Nui being Isshin's actual killer was a theory I hope wasn't true just because it feels like such a big cop out.

And I have to say, Ryuko's rage face doesn't make me feel very confident she's going to win because 1) she's been standing around with Yamcha (and probably caught some of his jobbing), 2) Nui will be the epitome of jobbing if she loses here and 3) the last character to make a rage face just lost...

Have to say though, the Revoc's theme is incredibly awesome, probably the first track so far that has been memorable for me. Also, Nonon in pants-less gym uniform :3

PK Gaming

Episode 11

The first half was meh, but the 2nd half was legitimately good. Hyped for the next episode; they're finally fine-tuning the story (everything up until now has been all over the place)

I kind of want the former elite 4 members to join Matoi's team.

EDIT: I'd kill for a gif of Inuzuma freaking out over his laptop getting budged. Loved that scene.

Soma

I'm still hoping for a slice-of-life episode featuring the Elite Four just hanging out bickering with each other.

Top Bottom