• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Dang0

That was the most anticlimatic climactic reveal that I've ever seen. But if Ryuko wins, that means
she'll have both pieces of the scissor blade, and will have no further reason to fight Satsuki.

220px-Makopicture.jpg

I doubt that will happen. This setup reeks of 'unbeatable boss fight'.

Evilisk

Sapphire did an english cover of the opening.

Check it out, it's pretty good.

I'm not usually a fan of this kind of thing, but this was good. I never thought just understanding the lyrics would make the song less boring than it currently is.

I don't see it.

Neither do I. I actually don't like Mako's family at all, I find they're kind of annoying with Mako's sibling/brother/sister being as bad and boring as Sensei. Mako Mom is the least boring of them all though.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Huh, the old mans clothing is regenerating. Well, he did research Goku Uniforms. There is a thought: we never saw that guy actually die. Could we have a case of faking death?

Odds seem pretty high. Though maybe not completely whole I doubt the professor is actually dead.

Mistle

I'm at episode 6 or so. Fun show so far, unfortunate amounts of fan service that hold it back a bit, and I'm still waiting on something big to happen to propel the story forward into a more interesting direction. But still, enjoyable show.

mjontrix

I'm at episode 6 or so. Fun show so far, unfortunate amounts of fan service that hold it back a bit, and I'm still waiting on something big to happen to propel the story forward into a more interesting direction. But still, enjoyable show.

Don't worry, it will ;)

zeemumu

Gurren Lagann Yoko levels of fan service. Ryuko's reaction at the end was priceless.
It's a shame that she'll likely lose the next fight. But if she wins, she'll have the full scissor!

LeleSocho

Banned
Gurren Lagann Yoko levels of fan service. Ryuko's reaction at the end was priceless.
It's a shame that she'll likely lose the next fight. But if she wins, she'll have the full scissor!

With Yoko you had that once or twice every episode, with KLK you have that roughly every two minutes... that's really the only problem i have with this anime (aside the studio having low budget) the fanservice is just too much.

zeemumu

With Yoko you had that once or twice every episode, with KLK you have that roughly every two minutes... that's really the only problem i have with this anime (aside the studio having low budget) the fanservice is just too much.

It's too integrated into the story to be removed, at least not right now. That whole fight between Ryuko and Satsuki was about accepting the power granted by fanservice.

Evilisk

As someone that just rewatched Gurren Lagan recently, I really have to disagree.

If we were to compare the fanservice in the two shows, I'd say that every episode of KLK has had as much, if not more fanservice than the hotsprings episode of TTGL (episode 6), and that had the most fanservice packed in a single episode in the whole series.

Most other episodes had a few gratuitous boobshots but not much other than that (
also Yoko being absent for some time during the second act is a factor
). Compared to Ryuko's behind being shown every other episode (actually it may even be once per episode), and then Ryuko isn't the only one to get fanservice'd in this show as well... It's not really comparable.

Even if you were just to compare the amounts of fanservice, they're not on the same level. They're really not comparable. And that's without even getting into KLK's fanservice essentially being part of the story whilst TTGL's is there for no other reason than fanservice's sake.

Vito

Banned
Ah, people really should subscribe to Trigger Magazine

Not sure what's more fun, the genga or Tattun's comments:

The hips! The curves! What more has to be said, seriously? Just the right amount of meat on her body, can't make a single complaint here, A5 rank meat for sure (laughs). And, wow I got derailed fast here... I made a promise with myself to take things a bit serious this week, but I guess that's not happening.

Mistle

The only true reason fanservice is part of the story is so they have somewhat of an excuse for all the fanservice. It doesn't really justify it.

Evilisk

So I was just rewatching the show and I've just realized something weird

In episode 11, Nui breaks Yamcha's uniform by locating its Banshi right?

But in episode 3 you see Inumuta do the exact same thing to the failed 5-Star Uniform they were attempting to make.

And yet he still acts surprised that Nui is able to do that? That doesn't really make any sense.

Giolon

So I was just rewatching the show and I've just realized something weird

In episode 11, Nui breaks Yamcha's uniform by locating its Banshi right?

But in episode 3 you see Inumuta do the exact same thing to the failed 5-Star Uniform they were attempting to make.

And yet he still acts surprised that Nui is able to do that? That doesn't really make any sense.

Presumably, Inumuta was involved in the creation of the 5-Star Uniform and knew exactly where it was. Nui, on her own, figured where the Banshi was in what, 10 seconds flat?

Evilisk

Presumably, Inumuta was involved in the creation of the 5-Star Uniform and knew exactly where it was. Nui, on her own, figured where the Banshi was in what, 10 seconds flat?

No he definitely checked his analysis gadget for a solid number of seconds before he ripped out the Banshi back in episode 3.

I guess it would make sense if he was asking how someone could do it without using data/figuring out the Banshi just by looking at them, but that's not what he says at all.

Gamai: "A Three-Star Goku Uniform unraveled by pulling at a single thread!"
Inu: "How can that be?!"

EDIT: Just rewatched it again, and it's even worse since it seems that Inu doesn't even know what a Banshi is (or at least, he knows what it is but not what it's properly called)

Giolon

No he definitely checked his gadget for a solid number of seconds before he ripped out the Banshi back in episode 3.

I guess it would make sense if he was asking how someone could do it without using data/figuring out the Banshi just by looking at them, but that's not what he says at all.

Gamai: "A Three-Star Goku Uniform unraveled by pulling at a single thread!"
Inu: "How can that be?!"

He did have his gadget available to him, and he was there for the assembly. He probably had an idea of where it was, but didn't know exactly since he didn't do the sewing. *shrug*

But you're right - I don't think they thought the relationship of those two actions through. At the least he should have been like "Only I can do that b/c of my analysis skills!" or "Whatever, that's not impressive"

Top Bottom