• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Evilisk

He did have his gadget available to him, and he was there for the assembly. He probably had an idea of where it was, but didn't know exactly since he didn't do the sewing. *shrug*

But you're right - I don't think they thought the relationship of those two actions through. At the least he should have been like "Only I can do that b/c of my analysis skills!" or "Whatever, that's not impressive"

Yeah later on Iori specifically says that he's surprised that someone can do it without the use of gadgets. But Inu definitely acts like he's never seen that before, which doesn't make any sense at all...

I guess that's the first legitimate plot hole discovered then?

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
maybe it's supposed to be harder to do when they are in their transformed mode? She also did it with absolutely no previous knowledge of the uniform. Maybe that's what he thought was impossible?

Evilisk

maybe it's supposed to be harder to do when they are in their transformed mode? She also did it with absolutely no previous knowledge of the uniform. Maybe that's what he thought was impossible?

Iori seems to acknowledge that.

But Inumuta, throughout that whole part, acts like he's never seen that happen before, ever, which doesn't make sense since he did the same thing back in episode 3.

I think the difference for Inumuta is he didn't attack that one thread, he sliced the uniform in a number of spots after analyzing the entire uniform's weaknesses, whereas Nui just walks up and takes out the one thread with her pinkie.

His shock might simply be that someone could do that without outside help or data.

Or it's a plot hole.

TCKaos

So I was just rewatching the show and I've just realized something weird

In episode 11, Nui breaks Yamcha's uniform by locating its Banshi right?

But in episode 3 you see Inumuta do the exact same thing to the failed 5-Star Uniform they were attempting to make.

And yet he still acts surprised that Nui is able to do that? That doesn't really make any sense.

I laughed harder than I should have.

Soriku

Why y'all hating on Monkey Man. If Nui had fought the rest of the Elite Four they would've jobbed as well. Probably at the same time too. Actually considering the type of character that she is I'm not sure if Satsuki would be able to beat her.

LordCanti

I think the difference for Inumuta is he didn't attack that one thread, he sliced the uniform in a number of spots after analyzing the entire uniform's weaknesses, whereas Nui just walks up and takes out the one thread with her pinkie.

His shock might simply be that someone could do that without outside help or data.

Or it's a plot hole.

He knew where the banshi was beforehand since he was involved in the suits design. Nui wasn't involved in the design of Yamcha's suit, so he was shocked that she'd be able to find the banshi that quickly without that knowledge.

Evilisk

Or it's a plot hole.

He only uses one hit to destroy the 5-Star Uniform in episode 3

The problem is that he acts like he's never seen that kind of thing before, which doesn't make sense

Why y'all hating on Monkey Man. If Nui had fought the rest of the Elite Four they would've jobbed as well. Probably at the same time too. Actually considering the type of character that she is I'm not sure if Satsuki would be able to beat her.

No one is saying that anybody else wouldn't have jobbed in Yamcha's position(though I'm not too sure how Nui would attack an airborne Nonon). The main reason I call him that is because of this picture, which was made shortly before the episode aired.

AsvU7zv.png

If this does happen, I'm calling him Sanageyamcha for the duration of this show

Evilisk

Maiko's specific section got removed.

Looks like she was just placeholder then; I was thinking that she might be important since she had her own specific section before this update, but now she's just been dumped with the other villain of the week characters :/

Other notable things:
--Houmaru/whatever her name is isn't anywhere on the page yet
--Iori still has his own dedicated section (which makes me think he might be an important minor character a la Leeron in TTGL)
--The butler + the guy that tried to stop Satsuki from getting Junketsu have been dumped together in the same spot now (IIRC they each had separate sections)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So going by that we will have reached the half way mark with the episode of today. This is all but assured to be the turning point we have been waiting for all this time.

midramble

.... I might just give in and watch Japanese...... This may be harder than my 日本語 finals....

midramble

As always mako is awesome.
For a second I was sure she was going to die. Ryuko's dad was awesome as well. Action was ok, but this episode felt more plot oriented. More like a prep for the second half.

Need to re-watch when the english subs come out. Couldn't understand a few chunks of dialogue. :/

It's not up yet, but if you're a cheap-o like me and can suffer the commercials, Hulu had the English sub well before Daisuki last time.

Top Bottom