• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

wonzo

Banned
lol ya it was! Regardless of the intent they created PS&G with, it ended up being a critique of anime and otaku culture as a whole. Plus the notion it was modeled after southpark or drawn together doesn't exist at odds with the larger themes it posses.
We must've watched completely different shows as the only consistent theme running throughout PSG was just how unabashedly trashy it is. "Death of the Author" can only get you so far before one starts treading into hysteria.
For everyone not at all bothered by her power-up uniform; does it add anything to the show for you, would you be less interested in the show if Ryuko had been more covered up after her transformation?
The outfit's utterly ridiculous and over the top which fits perfectly in the general context of the show thus far.

1upmuffin

Just watched the first episode of Gurren Lagann again and it had just as much or more "fanservice". I think people are just getting more sensitive every year. If it bothers you don't watch it.

Also, I don't think Ryuko's outfit adds to or detracts from show. It would be fine with or without the ridiculousness of it, but It's what the creator wanted, so if you are still interested in the show besides that one element, get over it.

xanavi

So from what I gather people who don't mind it at all would not be bothered if the suit were less revealing as long as it's still over the top and ridiculous. That's why I think it's a bummer because like everyone is saying it's not the revealing nature of it that makes it fun, it's just its absurdity. If Imaishi had only made it absurd then no one would be saying "hmm, something is missing" and everyone would be happy. Oh well, creators gunna create.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
iLMJBrNlXD0vN.gif

Ep 2 preview (30 sec)

Hmmm, hmmm, yes, I think we are about to meet
Mako's parents
in this episode.

For everyone not at all bothered by her power-up uniform; does it add anything to the show for you, would you be less interested in the show if Ryuko had been more covered up after her transformation?

It's not a matter of addition or otherwise for me. I simply find it amusing mainly because Ryuuko and everyone around her realizes how outrageous it looks.

cntr

Banned
...y'know, I must be blind for not noticing until now that the back of Ryuko's hair becomes red when she powers up.

Venfayth

I enjoyed the first ep. I like the characters a lot and had fun with how quickly it moved the whole time. Looking forward to more!

/XX/

That list has already proven to be completely inaccurate for at least 3 shows. I wouldn't put any stock in it.
I see, erroneously trusted on it and didn't double-check. Nanami usually goes great lenghts to confirm things with TV stations... so much for that on this case. :-D

JDSN

Banned
As someone who didnt enjoy Gurren im really amazed how good it this, those first 20 minutes were mentally exhausting, every scene was just chock full of information, details and just so much movement. Wow/10.

Drencrom

Everything is great.... except the shitty fanservice and the horrible battle outfit :/

Why does it have to be so sexualised and perverted?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
As suspected, there are freeze frame bonuses abound in this series.

kill-la-kill-ryuuko-talkin-mess-460x258.jpg
Hah, didn't notice that. Between that & the kid playing with a Hulk figure in my earlier post, hoping there'll be more "blink & ya miss it" bonuses.

Just saw ep. 1

I really liked the overreaction and exagerated spirit of it. But the protagonists uniform was a huge down point for me. Design completely unnecessary, I believe the show doesn't need hentai bait like this to mantain itself.

(btw my first post at GAF, yay! =D)

sikma42

Banned
Just saw ep. 1

I really liked the overreaction and exagerated spirit of it. But the protagonists uniform was a huge down point for me. Design completely unnecessary, I believe the show doesn't need hentai bait like this to mantain itself.

(btw my first post at GAF, yay! =D)

Agreed it really hurts the show imo. I don't feel comfortable watching it on my commute.

Peco

Dezaki would be proud of this anime, I know the director of KLK is a fan, but still, some scenes are pure old school awesomeness.

I haven't watched episode 2 yet but based on episode 1, this series looks great.

My only issue is her transformed outfit. It wasn't necessary to make it so revealing. I was pretty disappointed by it :/

Overall though, I love the animation for the combat scenes and the art style is fantastic.

I can't wait to go home and watch the new episode after work.

I haven't watched episode 2 yet but based on episode 1, this series looks great.

My only issue is her transformed outfit. It wasn't necessary to make it so revealing. I was pretty disappointed by it :/

Overall though, I love the animation for the combat scenes and the art style is fantastic.

I can't wait to go home and watch the new episode after work.

Hurry, episode 2 is in a couple of hours.

and.....sigh.....why are people still complaining about a costume that is too racy for them? Its like people forget they are watching anime.

Gazoinks

So here's hoping Aniplex's subs are less clunky this time around, hm? Don't want to have to keep doing comparisons with other subs. >.>

Top Bottom