• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Yamato is a worthy candidate, but it wouldn't kill me to see Titan win.

I think I like Titan a lot more than I feel at the moment. If that makes sense? I mean, I loved it when it was airing, but since it ended, the fuss has kind of died down and new things are airing, so the novelty surrounding Titan isn't there anymore.

As I've said, it's a good show with some pacing issues. It's immensely popular, though, and it's gotten a lot of non-anime fans into anime. So that's something.

LeleSocho

Banned
image.php
Wow that's one of the best avatar i've seen in a while, i hope to see it around for quite some time.

Yamato is a worthy candidate, but it wouldn't kill me to see Titan win.

Is Titan a better anime than a manga? The manga's "plot" is just the author revealing new crazy mystery after crazy mystery with no answer at all. I'm guessing it has to be, since all the action sequences must be great when animated. And the anime isn't ugly as fuck like the manga?

Is Titan a better anime than a manga? The manga's "plot" is just the author revealing new crazy mystery after crazy mystery with no answer at all. I'm guessing it has to be, since all the action sequences must be great when animated. And the anime isn't ugly as fuck like the manga?

The plot in the manga hasn't really been going anywhere for a little while. The anime is very pretty to look at. The only real advantage the manga has over the anime is that it's ongoing, so if you want to keep up with the story, you pretty much have to at this point.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I only lasted 5 episodes. I just couldn't like it. Not even Senran Kagura was so "in your face".

FluxWaveZ

I only lasted 5 episodes. I just couldn't like it. Not even Senran Kagura was so "in your face".

If you didn't like episode 5, there's a good chance you won't be able to enjoy the rest, but I couldn't stand the fanservice among other things until I got to episode 5-7.

Evilisk

If you didn't like episode 5, there's a good chance you won't be able to enjoy the rest, but I couldn't stand the fanservice among other things until I got to episode 5-7.

Yeah episode 5 (at least for me) was the standout episode and made me decide to give this show another chance. If you didn't think it was all that great then I think it's for the better you drop it.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
6 and 7 actually do have a bit of substance. Although, "Nudist Beach"...really? If it weren't for Mako this would suck big time.

I love the energetic and lively art, and I won't say no to fanservice, but by episode 9 I'm really slowing down and I'm losing enthusiasm. For a show so focused on action to drive the story along it really lacks impact. It's a silly show by nature-- nothing wrong with that-- but when pretty much anything can happen for no real reason there's no tension and characters' motivations fall flat.

I think it's telling that my favorite episode, by far, was "no-late day" with the trap club president. Compared to other episodes it could be considered pointless filler-- but that's what I want every episode to be. It was the funniest, most dynamic episode so far.

I wonder if one reason I enjoyed Panty and Stocking so much was because (almost) every story was limited to 10 minutes. In short self-contained stories, throwaway action and thin character motivations work well when they integrate with the humor. I need a little more meaningful or dramatic substance when characters are bound to a 12 episode long story. I'm still going to finish it, because it's certainly not bad, but it's not the "page turner" I was hoping it to be.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
You need to at least get to episode 7.

You guys are the worst. The whole point of this is to watch the Elite Four battles. So fucking good. Everything leading up to that was crap but holy shit at the action from those episodes.

FluxWaveZ

You guys are the worst. The whole point of this is to watch the Elite Four battles. So fucking good. Everything leading up to that was crap but holy shit at the action from those episodes.

Ha, of all episodes, those are the ones that you ended up loving? Well, cool. Can't say I was too into them, though that might be because I was watching them when I had to wait a week for the next battle again and again.

You were the one complaining about only being able to get through episode 5. :p

Evilisk

The first part of the Nonon fight was good, I absolutely agree.

Can't agree that the rest of the battles were any good though. Gamagoori battle was dragged out longer than it should. And the way Nonon lost to Ryuuko, man. It was pretty obvious Nonon wasn't going to win but the writers could have done something a bit more than "Nonon gets hit by a missile she could very, very, very easily intercept with another missile or a flying cymbal or anything really because we just realized how ridiculously OP we made her, we still have another extra form for her and we want to wrap up the fight ASAP"

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I swear Sanageyama seiyuu sounds like Mugen from Samurai Champloo. Also, yeah I can see you guys being fed up by waiting to watch the battles unfold. I basically sat down and watched them all as a "single package". Hence, my hype.

NotLiquid

Part of me sort of hopes that we won't be seeing the Elite Four simply being granted better uniforms so that they'll eventually have to fight Ryuko again. I kind of want to see these guys manage on their own for once and maybe have some more sub-villains.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
I'm going to Japan this year.

I-is this what it's going to be like?

In certain bars in Kabukicho..... yes. Where and when in Japan?

That's for premium members right? Us cheapos probably gotta wait :p

Oh yeah, I forgot I got the anime account a while back. I think so. It's worth it though for the mobile streaming alone. Being able to watch new KLK, OP, or Kyorsougiga (when it was airing) while I was on my daily commute was worth it.

duckroll

Speaking of songs, I just remembered we're going to get a shiny new OP next episode!

Nope, the song changes aren't happening until ep16. The official twitter says there's a story reason for that, probably because the second half doesn't really begin until then? Sounds like Gurren Lagann...

Evilisk

Nope, the song changes aren't happening until ep16. The official twitter says there's a story reason for that, probably because the second half doesn't really begin until then? Sounds like Gurren Lagann...

Well that sucks. I guess at least that's confirmation that at least the story will be moving forward in the next few episodes instead of looping into itself again.

Top Bottom