• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

LordCanti

The student council's super suits not going on the journey with them makes me think they'll just be
used as the basis for a new suit. That's if they don't get awesome and have the banshi combine with Ryuko directly

NotLiquid

how the hell is she gonna fight for Senketsus pieces without Senketsu
unless that leftover banshi gives her special powers

Since it's the only red piece out of all the pieces left I'm going to assume that it's the one that has Senketsu's "soul" in it. Maybe he'll be able to communicate with her still at some point, and maybe he has some secrets up his (missing) sleeve.

LordCanti

She'll join Nudist Beach and fight with their weapons.

She literally has no training. She's got the scissor, but one good smack and she's done for.

Hopefully Stupid Sexy Sensei is driving her to watch Nudist Beach actually fucking do something. They've been making naked ape jokes for long enough that maybe it's time for guerrilla warfare?

TheChits

tumblr_mz5i34Sfcq1r7c87xo1_500.png

If this isn't Ryuuko's costume in the next arc Trigger blew it.

Yeah I really hope we get to see the return of this outfit. So good

LordCanti

That's what makes it exciting;
she has to EARN Senketsu back.

The whole war is supposed to last a single day and she's leaving well after Satsuki and co. Is she going to show up
weaponless and actually impact the situation in that time frame? If so, how?

That's assuming Satsuki's forces don't get bogged down, of course.

7Th

The whole war is supposed to last a single day and she's leaving well after Satsuki and co. Is she going to show up
weaponless and actually impact the situation in that time frame? If so, how?

That's assuming Satsuki's forces don't get bogged down, of course.

Nudist Beach's HQ is in Kobe, one of Satsuki's objectives. Satsuki is probably going to quickly take out Osaka and Kyoto, but I bet Ryuuko and Sensei get to Kobe before the battle is over.

That mother fucking episode.

Hype la Hype takes a couple weeks off to collect itself and finds its second wind. This is the series I've been waiting for all this time. Now let's hope the next few weeks deliver on the promise.

since her dad was with Nudist Beach im sure they have data on Senketsu which means he can be rebuilt
better, faster, stronger,
immune to Nuis 4th wall breaking bullshit

LordCanti

The coolest thing they could possibly do is study the pieces and find out that
they're just regular ass wool/cotton/etc.

Boooooooooommmmmmmmm. Minds blown. Anime saved.

LordCanti

Oh man that would be great just to prove Ryuuko is insane.

Cut to a shot of Stupid Sexy Sensei puppeteering Senketsu and doing the voice into a receiver he's stuck into her ear.

Better yet.... hear me out...

They go full on Metal Gear Solid 2 with this bitch and have Matoi-sensei doing the voice while Stupid Sexy Sensei pulls the strings, while everyone else (Mako and family etc) are in on it. It's all just one giant ruse to turn Ryuko into Solid Snake the Nudist Beach member who lost her shit and went berserk in the high % uniform.

7Th

Would explain Ryuuko's red hair and weird eyes, but then the show would become Diebuster.

zzz

Wasted a good opportunity to bring episode4girl back into the show. Emoko is terrible.

dont worry theres a song coming to fix that
surprised it wasnt this episode though
guess they needed to make her even more emo before Mako sang a song to snap her out of it

LordCanti

dont worry theres a song coming to fix that
surprised it wasnt this episode though
guess they needed to make her even more emo before Mako sang a song to snap her out of it

Light Your Heart Up? They already did it during the bathtub scene at the mansion, didn't they?

Or is there another Mako-esque song I'm forgetting?

DominoKid

Sick episode. Didn't expect Nui disguise shenanigans.

Ragyo's theme music is pretty great. I didn't notice it until this episode.

new OP next week?

Sick episode. Didn't expect Nui disguise shenanigans.

Ragyo's theme music is pretty great. I didn't notice it until this episode.

new OP next week?

not till ep16 cause story reasons
new Senketsu form i guess and Nudist Beach in the new OP
i want a Nudist Beach version of Yoko
just cause

Dresden

I hope Nakashima played vampire the masquerade: bloodlines.

Two things bother me the most this episode:

1. Yay, Senketsu is gone... wait, no it's not. Oh god don't tell me it's a fabric hunt. Just move forward.

2. Nui is annoying and the tweeest was cheap as hell. At this point the only thing good about her is the text she interacts with in the show.

I dont know whats going to happen but I loved the plotwist. Didnt thought that was going to happen.

BTW, was there not going to be a new opening for the second half?

LordCanti

The student council fights should have been a one (two tops) episode melee that Nui broke up. Ryuko
still could have gone berserk (taking out the other 3 stars, which would have given Banshi's to Senketsu and fueled the carnage) and Nui could have chopped him to bits at the end.

Think of all the savings in terms of episodes.

current arc fits it better though so they should fully use it correctly this time

Yeah, she needs some Mako related cheering up.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Not a bad episode.
Was really hoping the Ryuuko the revolutionary thing was going to take off so she could follow a TTGL path. This'll be interesting though
東京, 京都市 and 大阪.
四月.
#ANIME
#THERAID

Awesome! Did the same trip but threw in Hiroshima. Lots of time to plan too. Using the JR Pass I assume?

This would me amazing.

Though I'm assuming they may do some montage or few episodes of Ryuuko doing an Inuyasha
(questing to get all the pieces)
and in the process develop the part of her that has been obviously lacking the entire show.
(her body as a weapon) with all these characters: nui, sensei, and potentially Ragyo, that are strong enough to stand toe to toe with a kamui without any special clothing, it would seem Ryuuko now gets to level up the other half of the duo so she'll be ready to handle the battle data improved/rebuilt Senketsu

rexor0717

I hope Nakashima played vampire the masquerade: bloodlines.

Two things bother me the most this episode:

1. Yay, Senketsu is gone... wait, no it's not. Oh god don't tell me it's a fabric hunt. Just move forward.

2. Nui is annoying and the tweeest was cheap as hell. At this point the only thing good about her is the text she interacts with in the show.
She is the master of 4th wall and bending perspective. I really like that about her. But they always animate her so stiffly. I guess it's ask about the budget.

Evilisk

No, she's won almost all her fights

She has won almot all her fights, doesn't really change the fact 90% of the time she gets curbstomped before she pulls a win out of nowhere. Has she even won a fight cleanly before?

Anyway thoughts on the episode.

I think it was cool up until the Nui reveal. As surprising as the twist itself was, why the hell am I not surprised that a new character ended up being villain of the week/throwaway fodder yet again? What a waste of a character design. Not to mention, I got hype at first thinking he was a spy from Kobe that uses puppets, but nope it's just Nui "Mood Killer" Harime again.

Not to mention, there was a lot of retreading ground in this episode. From some of the animation (like Mako's dad getting hit by the 1 star using almost the exact same animation from episode 2) to themes (before the end of this episode Ryuuko had a mental block stopping her from using Senketsu, now she physically literally can't use Senketsu anymore; Satsuki threatening Nui again, even though she very clearly broke the rules this time etc.)

I'm not sure what to say about it. And there's what's going to happen in the next few episodes. I was thinking maybe she might go out and reclaim Senketsu yet the 1 day invasion makes that pretty impossible tbqh (also, why is the window for reclaiming the West getting smaller with each episode? last episode preview, it was week, not it's a day lol).

Well whatever, at least because Mako is away that Ryuuko is probably going to get some development now. Hell maybe we might see Ryuuko not get curbstomped around anymore because she'll stop being so cocky because of no Senketsu. Just please Trigger, don't screw this up (and make sure Maiko is somewhere in the next few episodes).

Also I hate Nui now. Teasing me with a puppeteer character, retconning the Blue Scissor Blade from episode 1 for no good reason, having the most bland personality. Somebody please school this 1 trick pony.

Kyuur

I will never understand why people want Maiko back.

On the episode: Revocs stuff is really good. I'm really hoping this 'twist' leads to seeing more Nudist Beach. If the remainder of the series is beat 4 generals again, acquire Kamui, beat Kiryuin Satsuki I will be sorely disappointed. The expanded world seems very interesting.

Evilisk

I will never understand why people want Maiko back.

Why not? She's pretty awesome. I like that for a strategist character, she's able to put herself on the line as well. Not to mention, she does everything she does without a uniform, just lots and lots of observation and planning.

I think the main thing for me though is that she's a former Honnouji Student that had a fairly high level position (at least, for a No-Star student anyway) that was kicked out of Honnouji and most possibly all of its branch schools, and Satsuki is just about ready to start taking on the very last remaining schools left.

It's not hard Trigger, just put the two together. If they can't even manage a cameo then I'm going to lose all faith in Trigger's writers (who have been pretty spotty so far).

Dresden

There's also this thing about bringing back a character known for ruses to pull off another ruse, but instead it's just...
Nui
. Forget efficient use of its own characters, everyone is
Nui

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
She has won almot all her fights, doesn't really change the fact 90% of the time she gets curbstomped before she pulls a win out of nowhere. Has she even won a fight cleanly before?

Anyway thoughts on the episode.

I think it was cool up until the Nui reveal. As surprising as the twist itself was, why the hell am I not surprised that a new character ended up being villain of the week/throwaway fodder yet again? What a waste of a character design. Not to mention, I got hype at first thinking he was a spy from Kobe that uses puppets, but nope it's just Nui "Mood Killer" Harime again.

Not to mention, there was a lot of retreading ground in this episode. From some of the animation (like Mako's dad getting hit by the 1 star using almost the exact same animation from episode 2) to themes (before the end of this episode Ryuuko had a mental block stopping her from using Senketsu, now she physically literally can't use Senketsu anymore; Satsuki threatening Nui again, even though she very clearly broke the rules this time etc.)

I'm not sure what to say about it. And there's what's going to happen in the next few episodes. I was thinking maybe she might go out and reclaim Senketsu yet the 1 day invasion makes that pretty impossible tbqh (also, why is the window for reclaiming the West getting smaller with each episode? last episode preview, it was week, not it's a day lol).

Well whatever, at least because Mako is away that Ryuuko is probably going to get some development now. Hell maybe we might see Ryuuko not get curbstomped around anymore because she'll stop being so cocky because of no Senketsu. Just please Trigger, don't screw this up (and make sure Maiko is somewhere in the next few episodes).

Also I hate Nui now. Teasing me with a puppeteer character, retconning the Blue Scissor Blade from episode 1 for no good reason, having the most bland personality. Somebody please school this 1 trick pony.
90% of the time she curbstomped EVERYONE until she meets someone that actually gives her a challenge, remember, she has beaten the ENTIRE school

Yonafunu

God what a boring episode. All of the Ryuuko stuff should've happened last episode. I'm losing my patience with this series.
And fuck that Nui shit. What was the point of that?

Top Bottom