• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Evilisk

90% of the time she curbstomped EVERYONE until she meets someone that actually gives her a challenge, remember, she has beaten the ENTIRE school

It's not a curbstomp if it involved her getting beat up for 2/3 of a fight.

The point isn't that she's won most of her fights, but that a lot of the time she either just barely wins (see the Elite 4), or she has to go through a thorogh beating before she does.

Seriously, the only fight I remember her winning without any problems whatsoever was the Biology Club.

ReiGun

Nui isn't nearly as interesting or cool or threatening as the creators want us to think she is.
The end of the episode would have been a decent twist if the rest of the episode wasn't so strong and the newspaper kid wasn't legitimately a good new character. Having him revealed to be boring old Nui left a bad taste in my mouth.

First time in a long time I was actually interested in this show's plot and characters, so of course it amounted to "meh-ness."

Evilisk

Nui isn't nearly as interesting or cool or threatening as the creators want us to think she is. The end of the episode would have been a decent twist if the rest of the episode wasn't so strong and the newspaper kid wasn't legitimately a good new character. Having him revealed to be boring old Nui left a bad taste in my mouth.

First time in a long time I was actually interested in this show's plot and characters, so of course it amounted to "meh-ness."

Yeah I thought Newspaper Guy and Mako had some interesting interactions. I liked how Mako, despite being the one that usually overwhelms everyone, was the one getting dragged around and into his messes.

Too bad it just happened to be
Nui

We're never going to get any new, non villain of the week characters are we?

Soma

I actually thought Newspaper dude was pretty lame.

Pretty glad that
it was Nui instead of having yet ANOTHER enemy lackey to keep track of. The twist of it being her the whole time wasn't nearly as shocking to me as much as her basically killing Senketsu and what it means for Ryuuko. She'll finally have the chance to EARN something for once which honestly should've happened a lot sooner.

sonicmj1

I will never understand why people want Maiko back.

Maiko's heel turn was hilarious and fun. I loved her ridiculous gloating and stuff. She was like Team Rocket or something.

There was cool stuff in this episode, but for something so huge, it felt pretty anticlimactic compared with what happened last episode. Kill la Kill isn't bad, but it keeps falling short of what I think it can be.

Why exactly is
Satsuki so concerned about Ryuko, to the point where she bothers saving her?

Senketsus her father though(his soul anyways)
i know id want revenge on Nui if i was killed and turned into clothing, then reduced to a banshi fiber

Uhhhh what? When is this stated? They said Senkestu was the dad's life project. Not his soul.

FluxWaveZ

Why exactly is
Satsuki so concerned about Ryuko, to the point where she bothers saving her?

I suppose it could be seen that way and could maybe be foreshadowing for hidden motivations. At this point, though, you could explain it by saying that
she has more concern for the suit than Ryuko herself or that she's just really pissed at Harime for not obeying her (I imagine someone disobeying Satsuki is one of the things she hates the most).

Dresden

I can deal with
the Nui stuff,
but
Senketsu not really being gone
is what really gets me. God, just kill
him
off already. Fuck this show if it becomes Cloth Quest.

Yeah, this weeks episode was pretty boring. I was lost with the whole
clothing is the ultimate source of power
thing. All my favourite music was played though, so that's a plus. I'm kind of upset that
Senketsu is gone though. I really liked him as a character and piece of clothing
Oh well.

FluxWaveZ

Heh, weird that this is the episode that's breaking so many since I didn't mind it all that much. Wasn't amazing, but wasn't terrible.

Maybe it's because I had lowered my expectations already, so I wasn't really expecting much greater than a potential set-up for Cloth Quest.

Brutalx2

When this kid
turned into Nui
i shat myself! This episode was so big i had to stop everything and ask myself "WTH ?!" this anime will kill us all!

Ninjimbo

I thought the entire episode was great. Newspaper boy was cracking me up the whole time. The twist was cool and what happened after was genuinely surprising. I didn't think they would go that route.

KLK has been pretty awesome.

Evilisk

I actually thought Newspaper dude was pretty lame.

Pretty glad that
it was Nui instead of having yet ANOTHER enemy lackey to keep track of. The twist of it being her the whole time wasn't nearly as shocking to me as much as her basically killing Senketsu and what it means for Ryuuko. She'll finally have the chance to EARN something for once which honestly should've happened a lot sooner.

It's about the opposite for me

I don't really care about
Senketsu
at all.

And nobody said Newspaper Dude had to be an enemy. If anything, I was hoping he was another spy from one of the rival schools.

FluxWaveZ

And nobody said Newspaper Dude had to be an enemy. If anything, I was hoping he was another spy from one of the rival schools.

I liked the twist, but I was initially hoping he'd turn out to be an actual ally. Like, someone else on the front lines battling alongside Ryuko instead of her just soloing everything with Mako as the moral support and Nudist Beach sitting on their asses.

Maybe with this episode's ending, something like this might actually occur.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Kill La Kill - 13

Ok, I'm back on the hype train.

Evilisk

I liked the twist, but I was initially hoping he'd turn out to be an actual ally. Like, someone else on the front lines battling alongside Ryuko instead of her just soloing everything with Mako as the moral support and Nudist Beach sitting on their asses.

Maybe with this episode's ending, something like this might actually occur.

Seems a bit unlikely now. I mean if the show was going in this direction, then this was the episode to introduce an ally; otherwise it will take a whole nother episode just to introduce a new character without them feeling like they came out of nowhere. And then the invasion is meant to be complete in one day? Eh.

Nonon's thighs will save Kill La Kill

tumblr_myros1aJ641sn55cbo1_1280.png

Amen to that.

Giolon

I still love this show. Mako was hilarious once again. The
Nui
surprise caught me off guard. I can't get enough of Ragyu's screen time.

I can't wait for next week! There hasn't been a show that I've had this much fun watching in a long time. Attack on Titan had me by the balls episode to episode, but this...it's a whole different kind of compulsion to watch.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It's not a curbstomp if it involved her getting beat up for 2/3 of a fight.

The point isn't that she's won most of her fights, but that a lot of the time she either just barely wins (see the Elite 4), or she has to go through a thorogh beating before she does.

Seriously, the only fight I remember her winning without any problems whatsoever was the Biology Club.

You seem to forget that she has beaten the entire school before the elite 4 quite easily, she even started a club where she went around beating asses for an entire episode.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For some reason,
Senketsu being shredded up & the fact they have to find the pieces now reminds me of the ending of Panty & Stocking. Hell, both happen on episode 13.

TheOGB

Banned
This show. I don't know what the fuck is going to happen but I must keep watching.

That swerve was... weird. I'm glad that it happened, but everything about it was weird. It just kinda happened, and then it was over.

Outside of that the episode was decent. Mako getting caught up in the madness, Axem Ranger E4, dat soundtrack (gorilla JaL, REVOCS and Satsuki themes, aww yiss), Ragy--oh my. o_O

I don't think I'll be making any more predictions for now. I'll just go with the flow and continue enjoying the ride.

Odrion

Banned
Yep, that was a great episode. But now I agree that there really shouldn't of been that King of the Hill arc, it was refreshing to get an episode of actual plot progression after episode and episode of battles that didn't result in much.

Also screw all ya haters, the twist was awesome. That episode was awesome.

edit: also
It's pretty obvious now that Satsuki wants to team up with Ryuko and take down her creepy mother. Putting Senketsu back into people's clothing is her way of giving the suit back to Ryuko without it being obvious, she knows Ryuko will go and get those pieces back. Why else would she leave her with one piece? Also giving her a blanket, hah.

Evilisk

But...its like the main point of the show

I thought the main point of the show was I GOT TO FIND WHO KILL MY DAD

You seem to forget that she has beaten the entire school before the elite 4 quite easily, she even started a club where she went around beating asses for an entire episode.

Easily is an overstatement. She still got knocked around by a few clubs and the Natural Elections and Tsumugu took care of a few clubs as well (if anything, Tsumugu takes care of three clubs in the span of time it takes Ryuuko to realize what the hell was going in back in episode 5).

PK Gaming

I'm surprised you guys liked the twist at the end, I thought it was awful

It was obvious that the guy was a bad guy, but I was hoping he'd be his own original character. We just got a heavy dose of Nui an episode ago, ffs.

Odrion

Banned
I don't understand the disappointment that he wasn't a new character. What? You want a new character for the sake of it? Having the episode be a "Hero overcomes self doubt" that is flipped on it's head was pretty cool, and now it's going to be all the more satisfying when Nui fucking diiiiiiiiiiieeeees.

Soma

My only disappointment was that
Satsuki didn't bitchslap Nui for coming back when she wasn't supposed to. Like "girl I JUST banned you from my school, did I stutter or something?"

daveo42

Banned
Honestly, I didn't care about any of that. All my hype is for the Kiryuin family and their plans.

That's where my money's at right now. Ryuuko and Senketsu are second fiddle in this story and might end up staying that way for the rest of the series.

I swear we better finally see a little character growth now out of Ryuuko.

Not a bad episode overall. The twist was surprising, but not one of the biggest highlights. The scene after that and the one with Satsuki and Ragyo were the best.

duckroll

Episode 13

The episode was super duper cheap, but I enjoyed it. It was kinda distracting how little motion there was and how lame the actual animation was, but the contents of the episode do a good job of moving stuff forward. I really love the Revocs stuff in the show, so those scenes were greaaaaaaaaaat. I suppose we're getting another episode of build up next week until Ryuko decides to enter the war itself, which should lead to the big mid-series finale in ep15. Hopefully that will actually be... animated. Lol.

Shergal

Episode 13

The episode was super duper cheap, but I enjoyed it. It was kinda distracting how little motion there was and how lame the actual animation was, but the contents of the episode do a good job of moving stuff forward. I really love the Revocs stuff in the show, so those scenes were greaaaaaaaaaat. I suppose we're getting another episode of build up next week until Ryuko decides to enter the war itself, which should lead to the big mid-series finale in ep15. Hopefully that will actually be... animated. Lol.

The animation was scarce as hell, but the Imaishi SB meant the general quality of the shots was pretty good. At least I think besides some scenes with iffy character art it looked fairly nice most of the time.

As for the story, I don't think it's good when promises of things to come/worldbuilding stuff have me more engaged than the main characters and the actual events happening. I want to see what Ragyo's deal is, what Nudist Beach's deal is, and the whole backstory, but I couldn't care less about Ryuko and her struggles. Satsuki and Mako are so static as characters they have become really tiresome by this point too, even if I expect Satsuki's dynamic with the rest of the cast to change at least some around the mid-climax or right after.

duckroll

As for the story, I don't think it's good when promises of things to come/worldbuilding stuff have me more engaged than the main characters and the actual events happening. I want to see what Ragyo's deal is, what Nudist Beach's deal is, and the whole backstory, but I couldn't care less about Ryuko and her struggles. Satsuki and Mako are so static as characters they have become really tiresome by this point too, even if I expect Satsuki's dynamic with the rest of the cast to change at least some around the mid-climax or right after.

Sounds like Lost. :)

super2j

Neo Member
I can deal with
the Nui stuff,
but
Senketsu not really being gone
is what really gets me. God, just kill
him
off already. Fuck this show if it becomes Cloth Quest.

ohhhh dammnnn. I think you nailed it. I had no idea where this is heading but clearly its going to be
Matoi having to track down all the Kamui pieces and getting stronger as she does. She gets the last piece in time for X person to sew him back together in time for the finale. throw in a Mako reunion at some point, rematches with the generals of both schools, lots of fun times with Nudist beach, probably cool mohawk guy (forgot his name) will train her as they travel on motorcycle bonding. I guess its fine... but not as exciting as it could be.

LordCanti

Nui isn't a good enough villain to last more than one or two more episodes. If we're on episode 20 and Nui is still the going concern, someone has fucked up. Ragyo is so much more interesting, and Satsuki's father could be even more awesome than that.

NEO0MJ

My only disappointment was that
Satsuki didn't bitchslap Nui for coming back when she wasn't supposed to. Like "girl I JUST banned you from my school, did I stutter or something?"

Yeah, is she afraid or something? All bark no bite that Satsuki.

Nui isn't a good enough villain to last more than one or two more episodes. If we're on episode 20 and Nui is still the going concern, someone has fucked up. Ragyo is so much more interesting, and Satsuki's father could be even more awesome than that.

I think Satsuki's father is dead or something, it's like he doesn't exist.

Top Bottom