• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

And if all his pieces are put into the regular soldier uniforms it'll have a lot of opportunities during the war to gather a whoooole lot of life fibers.

dear god Satsuki allowing Senketsu to be torn to shreds was just a cover
just like battling the Elite 4
its just all to upgrade Senketsu, which will lead to the defeat of Nui cause shell be too cocky after beating Ryoko

Ishida

Banned

tumblr_mbwhz2lMvv1qgf1i8o1_400.gif

Dresden

She does indeed start from scratch, in fact she explicitly say that she doesn't use the power of her parents but that she exploit everything and she's actually the one that controls the power she uses.

That's not 'starting from scratch.' As you said, 'exploit,' which means make full use of.

Which is also one of the reasons why they show the flashbacks of the Elite Four, to let you know how and when she started to gain the power she has.

Those flashbacks where she uses the power of the company to get her way? Where her control of the school and city comes from her mother's resources?

Her problem with Nui is that she can't show her cards just yet (even if we know that the mother already know her intentions) but the moment she'll take over Nui will be a goner.

I think you're giving Satsuki (-sama) way too much credit. Nui gives zero fucks.

LeleSocho

Banned
That's not 'starting from scratch.' As you said, 'exploit,' which means make full use of.

Those flashbacks where she uses the power of the company to get her way? Where her control of the school and city comes from her mother's resources?

I think you're giving Satsuki (-sama) way too much credit. Nui gives zero fucks.

But she says that it's hers the power she has not her family's... dunno maybe the translation i use it's bad :/
I actually prefer Nui to Satsuki but whatever :D

Giolon

Do mothers usually do this to their daughters or is the implication that she's fondling the clothes and not the body wearing it?

Not into it.

Given the characters, and her mother's occupation, I interpreted it as more the latter, or at worst, she's appreciating the perfect fit of the outfit, rather than getting a good feel of her daughter.

Personally, I loved that scene. I get a delightfully domineering aura from Ragyo in all her appearances so far. I want more of her.

Jex

It's a shame that the writing in the show, um, poor. Structurally, I mean. There just doesn't seem like a particularly smooth flow. It's like they manage to insert import events at the moment when the dramatic tension is completely absent. This is especially odd considering how excellent the pacing and story-progression was in Gurren Lagann.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
The music in this show is great. I seriously love it. Good ep. Thought it was going to be shitty, but I enjoyed it once we got more Revocs/Covers action. The twist was kind of random, but I'm glad it happened. I wasn't confident where this anime was going.

I agree with the guy above me too. The beginning of the episode/animation had me convinced it was going to be a subpar episode, then bam, awesomeness/twists redeeming the episode, but it came out of nowhere. The "cool episode" feel was missing from the beginning, so the pacing felt weird.

Nu's music is fucking awesome though.

Yeah, it felt like a weird episode. Obviously thinner on resources, but the flow was odd, like they're trying to do too much while still dragging it out?
It's clear the show has been building to a "kick-off" but I don't know if evenly they planned the ramping up.

Those are quite a few words that say very little.

Evilisk

Dr Matoi was alive after he made Senketsu so maybe giving up their Banshi doesn't automatically mean death.

We have never seen Dr. Matoi and Senketsu together at all except for that diagram image in episode 1. We never see Senketsu when Dr. Matoi was alive, and the first time Senketsu is seen is long after Dr. Matoi's has passed away.

That alone is pretty suspicious.

Add in the fact that Nui didn't get so much a clue as to Matoi working on a Kamui (and let's not forget she's the Grand Couturier, she'd know the signs if somebody was working on something related to Life Fibre's), that we don't even know the exact date of Senketsu's 'birth'/creation and that we don't know a Banshi is made, and it's honestly a lot more easier to think that Dr. Matoi = Senketsu theories are more likely given all of the evidence so far.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
What makes the overuse of Nui worse is that her one distinguishing trait is basically the same as Nonon's.
Can't believe they're making this boring character one of the big bads.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
What makes the overuse of Nui worse is that her one distinguishing trait is basically the same as Nonon's.
Can't believe they're making this boring character one of the big bads.

Being as annoying as possible?

Yuuuuuuuuuuup.

In the next episode, I'm hoping they both fall into some hole and are never seen again.

Evilisk

Being as annoying as possible?

Yuuuuuuuuuuup.

In the next episode, I'm hoping they both fall into some hole and are never seen again.

She's not even annoying, she is just straight up boring. I love cute but psycho characters (that's part of why I like Nonon) but Nui? She is so generic and even worse, she's nothing more than a literal plot tool as her only reason for being involved in the plot is because she was literally, plain and simple, bored.

Also semi-related, but I wonder, who is the one that's going to beat Nui?

Ryuuko is the obvious answer but part of me really wants to see Makotaro/Mako be the one to beat her. Besides the fight being potentially more hilarious I feel like after all of that talk about Ryuuko being out for more than revenge, it feels like it'd be a cop out if she was the one to beat Nui after all of this time.

Also after all of the attention she's been giving Ryuuko (and most possibly Satsuki in the next few episodes), it feels like it'd be so satisfying that she gets the stuffing beat out of her by this complete nobody that doesn't even register to her. Thematically it would be her falling into the trap (yet again) of putting her attention too closely on something (the Scissor Blades/the Kamui's) only to fail and not see the whole picture (Senketsu/Mako).

Also Nonon would be a choice, if only because I want to see Nonon go all bullet hell on Nui's ass.

Jarmel

Banned
Also semi-related, but I wonder, who is the one that's going to beat Nui?

Ryuuko is the obvious answer but part of me really wants to see Makotaro/Mako be the one to beat her. Besides the fight being potentially more hilarious I feel like after all of that talk about Ryuuko being out for more than revenge, it feels like it'd be a cop out if she was the one to beat Nui after all of this time.

That could be one of the greatest 4th wall fight scenes of all time. Them jumping from the pages into the real world back into prior episodes then into future episodes before having one big climax.

Andrew J.

That could be one of the greatest 4th wall fight scenes of all time. Them jumping from the pages into the real world back into prior episodes then into future episodes before having one big climax.

Nui Harime vs. Mako Makanshoku vs. Deadpool vs. Pinkie Pie. Book it!

ckohler

Satsuki is probably a lesbian and is in love with Ryoko, you heard it first from me folks.
My theory is that Satsuki is really Ryoko's step-sister. She's secretly training up Ryoko and watching out for her but is none-the-less ashamed of Ryoko's lack of control and isn't against taking her out of the picture when it comes to her ultimate plan to overthrow Revoks.

That would make Dr. Matoi Ryoko's father and Ragyo Kiryuin (secretly) her mother. That also could explain how Dr. Matoi could create a kamui so advanced. Maybe he invented kamui along side Ragyo before they separated.

Moonlight

Banned
One thing I don't really get is why most of this episode was... really necessary. It was fun, no doubt, but there is actually no reason I can think of that you couldn't splice the ending of this episode into the ending of episode 12 and have anything to lose. Honestly, I think you'd have everything to gain with how high the tension wound up ratcheting up. It just seems really odd to split the climax like this. It really blunts the dramatic edge to both ends of it.

LordCanti

I'm afraid for this show; So far, I don't see any Ragyo x Satsuki fan art.

My theory is that Satsuki is really Ryoko's step-sister. She's secretly training up Ryoko and watching out for her but is none-the-less ashamed of Ryoko's lack of control and isn't against taking her out of the picture when it comes to her ultimate plan to overthrow Revoks.

That would make Dr. Matoi Ryoko's father and Ragyo Kiryuin (secretly) her mother. That also could explain how Dr. Matoi could create a kamui so advanced. Maybe he invented kamui along side Ragyo before they separated.

I really don't think Dr. Matoi actually procreated; He's an old hunchback. If either person is related to him, it's because he's made clones or test tube babies or something. I also think (hope) Satsuki's father isn't someone that would allow that (Ragyo cheating).

I want an awesome final boss, and Papa-Kiryuin showing up in a mech or something would be aweeeesomeeeeee.

Pachinko

I'll be very surprised if this show goes more then 2 episodes without senketsu showing up again.

Knowing typical shonen anime tropes , the lead character will undergo a very short training arc (and given the length of this show, it'll be 1 episode probably) and fight a bunch of bad guys shortly afterwards where those squares that make up senketsu will slowly but surely return to her but they'll take the powers of the elite 4 or something and make him "super senketsu". Nui will probably be defeated by this point (I'm thinking probably episode 16), then the larger war will occur between the academy forces and the remaining schools. Somewhere in this mess, senketsu and junketsu will clash once more and senketsu will emerge victorious. That will likely take us up to episode 20.

Finally, ultra senketsu (life fiber from junketsu merged inside) will take on Ragyu in some ultimate final battle that will last 2-3 episodes. Episode 24 will be more of an epilogue then anything else.

Certainly I hope there's more to it then that but I'm not expecting that much. It's clear this show has a pretty small budget that they are trying to make the most of , bigger more elaborate fight scenes are clearly being saved for closer to the end.

zeemumu

I bet Nudist Beach is going to give her the necessary equipment to combat clothing. She can't do it herself. On her own, she wasn't even able to beat the Boxing Club President.

Also, is it just me or does Satsuki's mom look like a gym leader from Pokemon?

The Foul

I have a theory on how to beat Nui at this point (episode 13)... pretty obvious so apologies if any of this has been discussed. Heavy rambling hypothesis engage.

Somehow cut her eye-patch off, and/or remove the clothes around her midriff where she'd have an X scar that Professor Matoi slashed into her with the sword scissor. It would fill her with shame and make her go berserk, I don't think she can handle not being cute. Tsumugu will do it, he's a master disrober and sneaky enough to best the reality bending shit Nui defends herself with. It'll enable now Nudist trained Ryuko to disarm Nui, then kill her with an epic reunited scissor sword slash, right through the guts where the scar is. Tsumugu will prob get killed doing it, cuz sexy sentai had to call him back from life threatening danger last time and Nui will be wise to his tricks by now.

Also even more nostra la damus.
Senketsu will be merged into the Elite 4's outfits, then get reunited somehow either after they are defeated (stringing together T1000 style) or stitched together last minute with Inumuta's data and Satsuki's tailor. Senketsu gets delivered to the battlefront by Mako's family once again.

In the endgame,
The ultra bullet that Sexy sentai didn't fire into Ryuko will be the key to stunning Ragyo, enabling many Ryuko + Satsuki scissor sword ultima banshi slashes. She wouldn't go down so easily though, Ragyo seems to have found a way to be in powered up Kamui form constantly without losing blood and as is canon, people die when they're killed by blood loss. Getting Ragyo to go Beserk and drain her blood would require the united power of Ryuko and Satsuki, who's Kamui merge (being that Senketsu can eat life fibres and transform if inspired, while Junketsu enables stoic demon crazy power and drains lots of blood), Satsuki's override ability saves Ryuko from going beserk long enough to finish off Ragyo

And most likely,
Life fibres are soylent green.

I wonder if Ragyo's assistant has any special powers akin to Nui. Similarly, does Satsuki's butler have a 3 star cleaning outfit capable of battle?
Maybe he's an undercover nudist?
Only on Kill la Kill.

Top Bottom