• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

rexor0717

One of my favorite things from this show is Aikuro's transformation. I always crack up when he slicks back his hair and his glasses somehow disappear. I'm glad he'll have a lot of screen time this episode.

Kinyou

Is the music that plays during Satsuki's talk with her mother on the OST? Sounded a bit like an instrumental, remixed version of "Blumenkranz"

Every time I think that this show can't get any more bonkers, it goes and proves me wrong.
That they can just suddenly cut to a giant skyscraper that is filled with identical men, all with mustaches and sunglasses, who are being yelled at by a woman, that shines like a rainbow, asking them "WHAT IS CLOTHING?" is what makes this show worthwhile for me.

RetroMG

That they can just suddenly cut to a giant skyscraper that is filled with identical men, all with mustaches and sunglasses, who are being yelled at by a woman, that shines like a rainbow, asking them "WHAT IS CLOTHING?" is what makes this show worthwhile for me.

That was the exact moment I was watching when I made that post.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I kind of don't care about Ryuko at this point. She needs new motivations or to join Satsuki or Nudist Beach or something. The whole thing with her being naive and reacting with "what did you say? Eeh? Aaaarrgghhh" at everything is beyond tired now. It's not that I dislike her, I'm just waaay more interested in the other characters. Satsuki is for now the true MC as far as I'm concerned.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Is the music that plays during Satsuki's talk with her mother on the OST? Sounded a bit like an instrumental, remixed version of "Blumenkranz"

That is indeed Blumenkranz.

Kieli

I kind of don't care about Ryuko at this point. She needs new motivations or to join Satsuki or Nudist Beach or something. The whole thing with her being naive and reacting with "what did you say? Eeh? Aaaarrgghhh" at everything is beyond tired now. It's not that I dislike her, I'm just waaay more interested in the other characters. Satsuki is for now the true MC as far as I'm concerned.

Unfortunately, Satsuki isn't too interesting for me either. She's been portrayed as this perfect queen, and very little has been done to shed light on her motivations, past, etc...

We get snippets of her from her generals, but they don't offer anything very insightful.

It's fine to have static characters, but they have to be interesting. >.>

Evilisk

Blumenkranz is the shit.
Blumenkranz should be the OP for this show.

It'd be so much better than the one we have now at the very least.

Also I've been reading a few 'dissections' of the extended preview and, preview spoilers:
The part where the two students are holding Mako upside down, they have Senketsu's bits on their arms. They also have red veins on those arms. Senketsu hijack?

rexor0717

Just watched the first ep after hearing so much about it. Don't know what I just watched, but it was incredible.

Quality of episodes fluctuates a bit, but it still has its awesome moments and some of the characters can be quite fun. Episode 3 is a blast, thats for sure.

NotLiquid

It's kind of crazy how little I sort of really payed attention to Before My Body Is Dry whenever it was played in the episodes, but listening to it on the soundtrack I really, really love it. Has to be one of my favorite "protagonist" themes. This song is begging to be used in full force for a massive hero/kick-ass moment for Ryuko. I'm not talking about some run-of-the-mill Senketsu transformation, defeat enemy rinse repeat cycle, but something where Ryuko really proves herself as the better character and manages to shake up the opposition's foundation. Something unexpected, something that Satsuki or even Nui won't have been prepared for.

Incidentally unlike a lot of people I don't like Blumenkranz. It feels very one-note and uninteresting with it's glorified "fabulous" vibe to it (perfectly complementing the Kiryuins as a whole I may add).

chrono01

The remixed selection OST from the Vol. 1 BD has a different version of "Before my body is dry" that contains only the female vocals. It's a much better version, in my personal opinion.

On the subject, I can't wait for Episode 14.

wonzo

Banned
Pretty late but there's really no reason episode 12 could've ended the same way. what a waste of an episode

You know, listening to it on the soundtrack doesn't even sound that great tbh. I think what makes the track really stand out is how it's used in the show itself. The chorus kicking it just as the camera cuts to, or pans on Ragyo totally sells those scenes. It feels like the money shot during a fashion show, right as a model stops walking and poses. Sogood.
Listening to the Soundtrack really made me appreciate the work that must've gone into making them sound tolerable for the show. It's so bad.

Kyuur

Pretty late but there's really no reason episode 12 could've ended the same way. what a waste of an episode

Listening to the Soundtrack really made me appreciate the work that must've gone into making them sound tolerable for the show. It's so bad.

Hey, Blumenkranz is great. :( I really like parts of the other songs, but the full stuff can be pretty bad.

TheOGB

Banned
Dat Blumenkranz remix, indeed. Good stuff.

That Before my body is dry arrangement is pretty good, but I'm so in love with the cheese of the original.

55aV5

and the rest

7Th

Between the preview and his comments about Ryuuko growing stronger by herself I think Senketsu may die for real next week. ;_;

LordCanti

That was a pretty good episode. The highlight for me was Stupid Sexy Sensei's glowing nipples, but Mako's antics were hilarious as well.

I don't really buy into the whole
"She just got stronger on her own since yesterday!"
thing, but whatever.

LordCanti

Mako is the crutch the show uses when everyone else's hijinks aren't that interesting. Which is fine, since Mako is awesome, but
the other schools could have put up a little bit more of a fight... I hope Nudist Beach is going to swoop in next episode

Top Bottom