• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Heatshade

Neo Member
Characters load quick in this clip.

Its because they play offline I think.
No use turning your Xbox offline but ive noticed this as well when not being connected to the net.

Btw did anyone else feel a Daft Punk vibe with one of ARIAs retro helmets?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Any final predictions for what we may or may not see from KI tomorrow during the MS conference?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Dat pessimism...it's justified though, we'll probably be lucky to even get a trailer shown lol.

Any final predictions for what we may or may not see from KI tomorrow during the MS conference?

Maybe on a pre/post show they'll announce that story mode for season 2 is up now. I expect Rare will be a big part of the MS conference, so KI might get a brief mention during the actual show.

I really hope we get a Halo rep, actually. Considering they're both working directly under MS, I think it'd be kind of interesting to either have the obvious choice of Master Chief, or tie it into the Halo 5: Guardians reveal and have Fred-104 (Chief's squadmate, childhood friend, strategist / CQC expert) be announced. There's even precedent for two health bars considering he has energy shielding and health; maybe a quirk could involve the first layer of health regenerating in some way.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
They didn't even bother showing TJ Combo during the conference last year so I won't hold my breath.

Considering it's Rareware's 30th anniversary... they'll probably have all their IPs on stage this year. Even if it's just a footnote.

stn

What's this new 15GB update for? Every time I sign in there's some update, geez. Isn't Aria the only new character released since Cinder? She's 15GB??????

No announcement at the Press Conference :(. They said they still have announcements throughout the week so there's hope there. If not, probably at Gamescom in August.

Maybe they'll have something to share at EVO or Gamescom. I really don't expect season 3 to start releasing before the end of the year anyway. IG pretty much worked a miracle with season 2 as it was.

Honestly, I think it was just too early to announce season 3. Season 2 JUST ended and they're still working on content for it. Anything they would have shown today would have been something like a CG teaser since it's a bit unreasonable for them to have two new characters to show today. Gamescom on the other hand....

.la1n

What a disappointing conference with or without KI news. I noticed they listed KI Gold in that Rare collection? Seems odd since they already ported 1 and 2 arcade perfect.

ArjanN

No announcement at the Press Conference :(. They said they still have announcements throughout the week so there's hope there. If not, probably at Gamescom in August.

KI seems more like something they'd do during one of the streams or during the PC show, so I'm still hopeful.

KI seems more like something they'd do during one of the streams or during the PC show, so I'm still hopeful.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping :). I mean they can just leave a tease or something and I'd be satisfied. Really though, I hope Microsoft gives Killer Instinct a bigger push as a exclusive IP since KI is basically MS's "big" fighting game but they don't seem to be pushing it out there as much as their other 1st party games. Wished they fund it more because KI still is the huge underdog of the fighting game genre even 2 years in.

Skab

KI Season 3 all but confirmed. (Max just retweeted this on twitter.)

CHksDg_UwAEc6ZJ.jpg

Doukou

I like to think that I wasn't wrong but we were all wrong since KI did show up during the conference in a cameo.

I want to test that D-pad.

Ont

I don't think we will see anything new though, they will probably just confirm that they are working on it, and that we will see something at EVO.

I guess now it will see less blind hate just because it's on XB1.

Seems like it has cross play which is nice. That's all I really wanted from a PC version.

.la1n

KI coming to PC and done in house by IGS is amazing news, should grow the community substantially. My only selfish concern is I hope this doesn't impede development of Season 3.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
KI coming to PC and done in house by IGS is amazing news, should grow the community substantially. My only selfish concern is I hope this doesn't impede development of Season 3.

They're probably porting throughout the season... and when the season concludes... the port is released

Coming next year! It does make you wonder if they can work on that and S3 at the same though....guess we'll find out what the news is tomorrow.

Sydle

They're probably porting throughout the season... and when the season concludes... the port is released

I hope that's not the case, it will split the community and make PC version owners feel like they are second tier. That's not right.

I imagine we'll see simultaneous releases starting with Season 3. It's going to be great seeing the community grow together.

Doukou

Good news.

Considering the whole selling point is that you can port instantly between the two platforms I would hope not. Also this isn't the first game that will have constant updates, both Fable Legend and Gigantic are similar growing platforms so I imagine that it is handled.

Cmon tomorrow give me Season 3.

Also I wonder how Shago will be handled on PC, I would hope they would just give it for free.

I hope that's not the case, it will split the community and make PC version owners feel like they are second tier. That's not right.

I imagine we'll see simultaneous releases starting with Season 3. It's going to be great seeing the community grow together.

Theoretically if they already "started" Season 3 but it's unannounced yet, they will release the start of Season 3 in the Fall and finish by Spring.....that's if we are going by what they did for the past 2 Seasons. PC version wont come out by next year so if it's releasing by the Spring, it will release right when Season 3 will end. Again this is theoretically but we'll find out tomorrow I guess.

Top Bottom