• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
S1 story mode was admittedly kinda terrible...S2s definitely seems like a much more genuine effort, can't wait.

I would love to see some kind of high production value CG trailer for S3 at E3 (that rhymed). But I think we'll be lucky if it even gets an official announcement during the MS conference.

.la1n

Yeah it really feels like MS treats KI as a Xbox Live Arcade title, not something worth promoting during press conferences or normal commercial channels.

Doukou

Excited for story mode. Overall, I think IG did a great job with season 2. I'll definitely be back for season 3. I honestly do love that each character feels unique but I would love to see a couple more easy to use characters for the next season.

Yah I agree even though I like more complex characters. Riptor was the only simple character really.
Fortunately Shadow Jago should be a shota therefore easy.

Yeah it really feels like MS treats KI as a Xbox Live Arcade title, not something worth promoting during press conferences or normal commercial channels.

They had that really weird spot on a doctor drama lol.
I hope after Season 3 they advertise a retail 60 dollar edition.

tapedeck

Random detail I just noticed, they're logo is a hexagon..Rare is Ultratech confirmed.

1280px-Rare_logo.svg.png

RareLogo_Ice.jpg

Neil_J_UK

Anyone know specifically when this offer ends? I've been wanting to get the complete collection for a while, and will try and obtain a TJ Combo code if it lets me buy this for 50% off.

Edit: does anyone have a spare TJ Combo character code? I'd PayPal £3 for it.

Edit2: Found the offer ends on 8th June, no time specifically though.

tapedeck

I was thinking E3 or Evo would be a great time for MS to announce a Season 3 Ultra Ultimate Fangasm Collectors edition.

A complete disc version that includes all S1/S2/and future S3 content via a DLC liscense, new steel book, a (not shitty) statue, art book, full soundtrack..whatever they can stuff in there. Maybe all the owners of S1/S2 that still want to buy it could get a discount somehow? I'd be all over it.

I'm assuming S3 is a done deal of course..

Ont

Has anyone made a list of famous shadows? So far I have fought Maximillian's and James Goddard's (SuperZang) shadows.

.la1n

I'm really digging Aria's theme. Sounds like something from Wipeout.

The only thing is I wish the main parts of theme had sounded more like the danger portion of the track. Still one of the weaker tracks in the game for me personally but I don't expect to love everything with such a wide range of musical experimentation.

Another fake picture. People really hungry for that season 3 news I guess.

Generally wouldn't bother posting it but I thought the lineup actually looked pretty cool. I really like the Lamia looking thing. Hope they actually do a character like that.

CHDz_EmWwAAUmao.jpg

bumpkin

Generally wouldn't bother posting it but I thought the lineup actually looked pretty cool. I really like the Lamia looking thing. Hope they actually do a character like that.

CHDz_EmWwAAUmao.jpg
So... I see silhouettes for Gargos, Tusk, Kim Wu and a Battletoad. What are the others supposed to be?

Nori Chan

CHDz_EmWwAAUmao.jpg
I'm not going to lie, I hope this is real lol

Heatshade

Neo Member
I'm not going to lie, I hope this is real lol

I hope this is not real tbh.
Putting a battletoad in there ( or any guest character for that matter) would kill the KI universe for me.
I dont mind costumes that are based on characters tho. (like Maya's retro)
And Shadow Orchid would be cheaping it out, because thats what makes KI somewhat unique that each character is original in its own way.
Not like SF with 10 Ryu like clones.

Doukou

To be fair Shadow orchid would be the 9th character and therefore the bonus character which is supposed to be cheaper.
I still don't see a battletoad fitting in the game at all.
Joann Dark is the perfect guest character.

.la1n

To be fair Shadow orchid would be the 9th character and therefore the bonus character which is supposed to be cheaper.

Yeah I wouldn't mind a guest character now that we are into Season 3 but it would need to be something that makes sense. Something from Gears of War could probably fit in nicely.

tapedeck

So with all these SF announcements it would make sense to announce S3 during the E3 presser...right?
If they don't it's a missed opportunity to show people MS is serious about fighting games too. Giving S3 some stage time, even if it's just a trailer would be great to see.

Still too early I think. Might seem a bit strange to announce season 3 when story mode is still yet to be released.

Evo or Gamescom might make more sense timing wise.

A battletoad is like a giant anthropomorphic amphibian that beats shit up. I mean obviously the overtly cartoony BT style doesn't fit, but if they redesigned it to fit the KI-verse art style I don't really see why it doesn't fit. I mean they basically need some kind of swamp monster/sea creature character by this point, it's one of the common classic horror tropes they're missing.

I think it'd be cool to have a Cable/Deathstroke/BBHood amalgam that's a hunter of monsters. Uses guns, traps, and blades. Trailer could be describing all the tech they have to counter the different monsters in the KI world.

Doukou

A battletoad is like a giant anthropomorphic amphibian that beats shit up. I mean obviously the overtly cartoony BT style doesn't fit, but if they redesigned it to fit the KI-verse art style I don't really see why it doesn't fit. I mean they basically need some kind of swamp monster/sea creature character by this point, it's one of the common classic horror tropes they're missing.

I agree that a sea monster could work but I still don't see Battletoads working well. The design feels like it mesh well especially their attacks that change proportions. Adding random moves instead is possible but you lose the spirit of the Battletoads and then why even put them in.
I think it'd be cool to have a Cable/Deathstroke/BBHood amalgam that's a hunter of monsters. Uses guns, traps, and blades. Trailer could be describing all the tech they have to counter the different monsters in the KI world.
I like it, be a cool way to add a Sci-Fi character in the Gargos season which is imagine being more magic. Also a cool rival character to the Nature hunter Maya.

What do y'all want as new KI characters? Considering this is KI, anything is possible since they have werewolves, raptors, robots, ice aliens and what not. Still, I'd like to see some traditional martial artists with a KI twist if y'all know what I'm saying. Since Tusk and Kim Wu are confirmed to appear if S3 does get announced, I'm hoping they modernize Tusk since he'd look kinda weird if he was still a barbarian warrior. Maybe a modern day monster hunter like y'all talked about? A multi-weapon user would be pretty awesome though.

Though if I did had a small list of tropes they could put in, I'd say these are cool imho:

- Vampire - Rival to Sabrewulf? Life drain, teleports, speedy? Instinct could be a transformation.
- Magician - A tricky magic user would be cool, lots of possibilities.
- Tengu - Heavy hitting and powerful. Maybe lots of airborne attacks.
- Ninja - Someone more ninja like than Jago, who's plays more like a Shoto tbh. Would be cool to see them use a kusarigama(chain sythe), kunais and smokebombs(teleport).
- Chimera - Different limbs here and there? Maybe something similar to Gill from SF3 with different left/right attacks depending on what side it's on.

Doukou

A Vampire seems likely I think it's the only new archetype that I seen them talk about.

There was also the sibling character to a Season 2 character that was talked about back in December, they said it wouldn't be three characters' siblings but I only remember it not being Riptor.
I think Avian type creature would be cool, since we have a scales and fur but no feathers. I would love a Tengu also.

Dai101

Banned
I wonder if capcpom would ever lend some of the characters from Vampire/Darksalkers for KI. They'll fit so right in here.

- Vampire; My most wanted character type. I'm actually hoping that when it does happen that it'll look beastly looking like Kain. Then the retro can be a more traditional human vampire.

- Wendigo; I mostly just want this to be a thing for my sister, as she absolutely loves the lore behind a wendigo. Plus I think it'd be an interesting character to have, as it'll be a first for a fighter. This also fits in with another beast type of character like Sabrewulf/Riptor

- Witch Doctor; I've always had a fascination with them.

- Nymph; I'd love to have her be an earth elemental type, with control of plants and whatnot.

- Djinn; I'm still very surprised something likethis hasn't happened yet. It's the one that I'm probably most curious about.

- Cthulhu/Water Creature; I'd just want to see where it could go with Killer Instinct.

--------------------
--------------------

I'd still like to see the idea of Roxy Rave being the bonus character. I think I'd be pretty great, IMO.

Along with the Old Man from the background in KI Gold Training. But mostly Roxy Rave.

vg260

After KI is done MS should fund a new Darkstalkers by the KI team (with Ono's involvement, lord knows he's tried to make it happen).

I feel like they share a lot of the same character tropes, so while I'd love to see a new one, it doesn't seem very likely in that scenario.

Only thing I could see as being worthwhile would be a "Capcom vs. Capcom" game, which could be expanded over time. Marvel license is too one and done. Pretty much anything not Street Fighter from Capcom would be a pretty big step down in popularity.

tapedeck

Yeah I think I'll be using Aria as the announcer, hopefully alI her combo calls sound legit. I use Chris now but I think a lot of his original KI1 samples are better, I love Mikes 'Godlike' and, 'Counterbreaker' but not really a fan the rest.

Top Bottom