• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
weird. mine certainly didn't. maybe post in ultra combo bug thread?

Its a save file thing I think. My CoD save is fucked too. I had found about 18 Intel. Now its telling me I've found like 8. There's been a sync issue. Wonder what other games for affected. Halo was ok.

Skab

I hope that's not the case, it will split the community and make PC version owners feel like they are second tier. That's not right.

I imagine we'll see simultaneous releases starting with Season 3. It's going to be great seeing the community grow together.

It isn't coming to PC until next year though. And assuming Season 3 follows the same pattern the first two did, then it would be starting later this year.

But considering the nature of the way they handle updates monthly, I don't see why the PC version couldn't be released mid season.

I wonder if they're just going to talk about the PC port tonight on Xbox Daily. Obviously "next chapter" implies new content, but I feel like it would be weird to reveal S3 on such a random platform.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I wonder if they're just going to talk about the PC port tonight on Xbox Daily. Obviously "next chapter" implies new content, but I feel like it would be weird to reveal S3 on such a random platform.

Just hoping it's an acknowledgement at the very least.

They did announce season 2 on major nelsons pre conference show last year, so there's the possibility

Even though season 3 is basically a guarantee at this point, i just like the confirmation.

There's always the chance they'll just show off story mode too, which would be annoying lol

Doukou

I feel it would be weirder to talk about the PC port on a Xbox show.

.la1n

Speaking of story mode I thought they said we'd see it earlier than we saw content updates previous months?

My whole day today is just waiting on the anticipation of an announcement for Season 3. It doesn't help that I don't know what time the thing is happening. Lol

Speaking of story mode I thought they said we'd see it earlier than we saw content updates previous months?

They did, but I guess things got changed up.

DopeyFish

My whole day today is just waiting on the anticipation of an announcement for Season 3. It doesn't help that I don't know what time the thing is happening. Lol

They did, but I guess things got changed up.

4 hours and 8 minutes from this post, xbox daily live begins

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
K.I. on PC is good for those that want / need it. It is ultimately good for us all, because it makes the games reach and chance for profit and continuation more pronounced...

...but I personally really don't care, lol. I never feel the effect of pc releases for fighters beyond the growth of a mod scene. The fact it's cross buy in this case is great though. MS needs more of that.

I'm bummed at the lack of fighters at E3. Last year had Mk, GG, and some KI hype, tjis year it's mostly just SFV (and maybe some Nitro+ heroines stuff if you search for it?). So many shooters it's a blur, and most of the RPG stuff is on other systems... I hope the KI stuff on XBDaily is somewhat substantial.

DopeyFish

I somehow missed this post but you are right, this could easily be the best part of having a PC port. We would finally have legit good retro skins for the Season 1 cast.

Since is on windows store, i'm not sure if we'll have direct access to the folder tree for the game

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So, update for story mode is 18 GB, prompted for it as soon as I started up KI. SMOOTH guys.

Nice to see Shago teased more. Coming "soon" they say...

Well Ken said he'd be at Gamescom so maybe season 3 there.

On the XLEi app they had a poll, "What Killer Instinct character do you miss the most?" Options were Kim Wu, Tusk, Gargos and Eyedol. No clue who won but I voted Kim Wu.

Story Mode available now but no S3 announcement :(. Though Ken Lobb did say he was gonna be at Gamescom which is 2 months from now so there's something. The long wait begins.....

.la1n

I wasn't expecting a season 3 announcement this early, maybe something at EVO. We all know it's coming, the question is when.

shaowebb

I'll just be happy if the PC port is GOOD. God the High Voltage pain of MKX still hurts. I'd love to hear KI runs perfect for PC.

just got the update, 18 gigs good lord.

still pretty disappointed Killer Instinct had no news at E3 this year :/

I'll just be happy if the PC port is GOOD. God the High Voltage pain of MKX still hurts. I'd love to hear KI runs perfect for PC.

IG is doing it so it should be fine.

shaowebb

IG is doing it so it should be fine.

I knew it wasn't HV. I just want to hear the impressions after it hits first this time in case their are any hiccups and to hear what configs and cards work best. I'm due to upgrade my video card soon and I may as well benchmark for this title's optimum as a way to help choose which card and such to go for.

I'm honestly more worried about the windows 10 upgrade requirement. My game development software runs fine on my current OS, but I'd like to upgrade for this and not fall too far behind. I worry issues might arise by going with 10 in other things I'm doing. Got a lot of research to do for this...

Updating mines right now too....only 48% though lol.

I'm guessing that they didn't have much to show I guess and during last year at E3, TJ Combo was shown very early. They probably wanna show something more substantial than just 1 character or a updated logo I guess. During last years Evo though is when they showed Maya's concept art and stage so if they have a panel there again this year, there's a good chance they'll announce S3 there. It's only about 4 weeks from now so it isn't that bad I guess. If not that, definitely Gamescom since Lobb specifically mentioned it.....we KI fans gonna hold on to that dream I guess lol.

Top Bottom