• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Technically they could launch season 3 with finished shadows, Shadow Jago, and one new character to start things off.

Certainly possible but I kind of feel like when they do season 3 they'll want to launch it with more than 2 characters this time around. They did a fantastic job with one character a month but from what I've seen them say it seems like it took a lot out of them.

I think being given the time to launch with 4-6 characters and not worry about such strict time constraints on almost every character will be a lot better for them.

vg260

I think they're getting ample time for Season 3. No rush. Let Iron Galaxy mature into Season 3. I predict maybe an announcement of the PC release and true end of Season 2 with Shadows, etc. I don't think we're getting Season 3 until mid next year. I'd bet $1000 that if you snuck into IG and got your hands on to something you're not supposed to they have at least a few Season 3 players at least at the wire mesh stage.

Yeah, that seems reasonable to me. Launch season 3 when XO/PC are in sync and season 2 is totally complete.

Doukou

I'm believing in S3 at gamescoms.

I feel like while there may be busy with other stuff, they still want to announce it at Gamescoms since the only other reveal options are PAXs and by itself.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
The official KI forums will be down for maintenance tonight, they don't do that very often. Calm before the storm?

I'm back in hype mode.

The Flash

Banned

NaoHbWN.gif

Sydle

I think they're getting ample time for Season 3. No rush. Let Iron Galaxy mature into Season 3. I predict maybe an announcement of the PC release and true end of Season 2 with Shadows, etc. I don't think we're getting Season 3 until mid next year. I'd bet $1000 that if you snuck into IG and got your hands on to something you're not supposed to they have at least a few Season 3 players at least at the wire mesh stage.

I highly doubt they'll go for a whole year without new characters. I think we'll see at least 4 new characters released and polished by the time EVO rolls around again next July.

I imagine they'll close out Season 2 this year (Shago, Shadows, PC port) and Season 3 begins early next year (January or February) with simultaneous release on PC and Xbox One.

hwalker84

I highly doubt they'll go for a whole year without new characters. I think we'll see at least 4 new characters released and polished by the time EVO rolls around again next July.

I imagine they'll close out Season 2 this year (Shago, Shadows, PC port) and Season 3 begins early next year (January or February) with simultaneous release on PC and Xbox One.

My guess.

PC release before the end of the year with Season 2 completed at the same time or around the same time.

Season 3 2Q 2016

MS buys IG in 2016.

Awwwwww shiiiiet, getting a little hype now! XD

If S3 is announced, I really hope it's a trailer but a confirmation is good enough for me. Still if there's a trailer, I hope to see at least Kim or Tusk appearances/new Shago in action and as much I want to see character silhouettes like S2's Launch trailer, I don't think they'll do it just yet. 1 more day.......

El Sabroso

Should focus on PC port optimization and Shago, as well as DX12 optimizations for XB1 versión so we can finally see 1080p render resolution from the game if DX12 gives us enough power, S3 would be good but there will be a ton of characters to deal for new people jumping to the PC version of the game

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
There's like a hidden track at the end of omen's theme too lol

Edit: holy shit aria's theme is badass now

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Season 2 is on itunes now.

Poor Riptor only 3 min theme.

Its really bad too lol

Wow that unused KI theme... unexpected solo

There's some white noise right after the omen theme ends... im hoping for some sixth sense hidden tease lol

remz

Mick not feeling Riptor so much I guess.

Man there are parts in Cinder's theme I don't think I've EVER heard in game but they sound so awesome.

Aria is a robot and riptor is a dinosaur lol, I really don't count them at all lol. I just want kim Wu and at least 3 more females.

I think it's important to count Aria and Riptor, because there are a lot of series that simply don't have female characters as anything other than humans in skimpy clothing. There's a similar issue where a lot of series (not just in gaming, mind you) will have a mostly or even all-white cast, and then all the people of color happen to play monsters, robots, etc. I'm glad that KI's taking great lengths to avert it - we have "inhuman" male characters in Spinal, Fulgore, Sabrewulf, etc. so it's nice that the diversity extends to the cast of monsters, too. Granted, if the only women in KI were Aria and Riptor it'd be a little eyebrow-raising, but I think they've hit a nice balance here. Even in terms of how much skin they show, practically all the human male characters are running around bare-chested with washboard abs, lol.

bumpkin

They seem to lead off each new season with a returning character, so I think chances are good -- if S3 is announced -- Tusk or Kim Wu will be up first. I can't wait.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
So Season 3 is March 2016... shit why so long? Because of the KI PC port?
I'm actually glad it's gonna take a long time, gives me hope they are completely revamping the UI/HUD, going 1080p, and no doubt launching with more than 2 characters.

Top Bottom