• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

So if you mash LP or LK he just auto does combos, including shadow linkers and enders. That's pretty crazy.

He also only has one opener and one linker which is a bit strange.

Edit: His standing HK is pretty insane. Almost like a mini Wind Kick.

The Flash

Banned
So I've been talking to Silky a little bit on Twitter and he really wanted someone to take over OT duties for Season 3. I've decided to tackle it. It is a great task to undertake considering how good Silky's OTs have been in the past so I am definitely open to collabs. Still a ways out obviously but I thought I'd throw that out there.

Just messing around with him in practice but I really like Rash so far. He's pretty easy to pick up and he has a lot of neat stuff. The tongue attack is super cool and even though he's far from finished I love a lot of his moves and animations. IG did a great job on him.

He also fits really well into KI. Doesn't look all that out of place.

The Flash

Banned
Just messing around with him in practice but I really like Rash so far. He's pretty easy to pick up and he has a lot of neat stuff. The tongue attack is super cool and even though he's far from finished I love a lot of his moves and animations. IG did a great job on him.

He also fits really well into KI. Doesn't look all that out of place.

Yeah I've been watching Rico's stream and he's legit.

Oh.

Well shit, that's pretty far off.

It is but think of it this way, a March release date gives them lots of time to polish things out.

Ahhhh, finally off from work and YESSS, Season 3 confirmation!!! Rash is a surprise but I'm pretty cool with him being in, extra characters are always pluses imo. March 2016 is a long wait but I'm cool with it since having more than 1 character at launch is awesome plus the additional PC version.

Updating my XB1 now so I can dl Rash and just bought Season 2 OST just now.....:D

Unit24

So... how exactly do you access Rash? I already bought the pack with all of the content in it, but my game still hasn't updated.

Hot damn, S2 OST is f'in dope and I'm in the middle of Maya's track so far......I'm wanna look at the other stuff Microsoft showed today but I wanna listen to this soundtrack too lol.

Also I wished Microsoft fix their installs for XB1 since it's always acting weird and never find new updates when you want the updates. Gonna take awhile to get Rash......:[

The Flash

Banned
OST still isn't up on Groove music. You'd think that the soundtrack to a Microsoft owned game would be up on their own music service by now.

Guys, you don't know how happy this makes me. Holy shit... I can't believe Rash is actually in here.

Please tell me his taunt is the pelvic thrust. Lol

Khezu

Happy about Season 3.

Never played Battletoads, only know about it after it became an internet meme.
People seem to like it, so that's cool.

BHK3

Banned
What does the OST mean with vintage score? Is it just the old songs stuffed in there or are they redone in a way?

It sucks that Season 3 doesn't begin till March, but at least we'll start off with more characters than what Season 2 did. A higher chance of getting to play my Kim Wu. :3

I don't think it's in yet. I've hit select and gotten nothing.

Damn. I hope they get it right. xP

So, is there anything we can infer from the season 3 logo? Surely the greenish mist is a hint.

That Rash is coming to KI. :p He has green mist during his instinct.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i assume the season will be much accelerated kinda like S1

probably part of the reason for the late launch is to ensure characters get locked in for tournament circuit?

drotahorror

I probably just don't fully understand the mechanics of Rash but some how I randomly do shadow moves and I'm not pressing 2 buttons to do it either.

It sometimes does it if I connect 4 LP or LK and then qcf LP or LK and it does a ram shadow and a big boot shadow following it. It does 30% and it's literally 5 inputs.

El Sabroso

I probably just don't fully understand the mechanics but some how I randomly do shadow moves and I'm pressing 2 buttons to do it either.

It sometimes does it if I connect 4 LP or LK and then qcf LP or LK and it does a ram shadow and a big boot shadow following it. It does 30% and it's literally 5 inputs.

the battlemaniac is an auto combo if you have the meter it does the shadow ram, and if there is another meter does a shadow ender with the kick if not will just end with the punch

also, if you use it as antiair he does the recapture move which is the Back+HP

all is done just mashing LP or LK, is just like Persona 4 autocombo

I really hope we get a new UI design and it's really good. The current one is very janky and not very appealing in general.

I definitely agree, I actually loved S1 UI better since it was more simple and a throwback to the older games. If the green logo indicates anything, I really hope we get a better UI change when S3 launches and something less futuristic themed like they have currently.

-------------

As for characters at launch, I'll be glad if they have at least 4 by launch with Kim/Tusk being 2 of them. Though what I really wanna know is if they are sticking to the 8 characters(9 technically since Shago/Omen are bonus characters) per Season since now we have guest characters like Rash. Rash was just released and S3 hasn't started yet while the release date is March of next year.....more time can maybe mean more characters maybe? Of course it's pretty unlikely since I'm sure they're working their asses off making the PC version along side the XB1 one but I still have hope. If anything, they should do the silhouette teases again like the S2 Launch trailer. :D

Scotia

Banned
Max just put up a video talking about Season 3 and Rash and teased that the Rash trailer might have a teaser at the end.

Praying for Tusk tease.

Doukou

Been playing Rash, he fits a lot better than I thought.
Only thing that feels weird is his combo trait. I don't see the purpose outside of its recapture.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Even at this early state, Rash is a ton of fun. He doesn't really feel all that incomplete (Minus the lack of an ultra), but you can see where he'd have room to grow / deepen. His very toon-like animation is a great showing that even something ridiculous like him can fit into KI Very well; If Spinal is a Stop-motion homage, and Hisako a horror cinematography honor, Rash is a Comic animation one.

He has one natural opener (the Ram) Which also can be done by dashing and pressing HP. But this kinda forces you to use the Wrecking Ball Wallsplat and recaptures from his Battlemaniacs combos as prevalent tools. Being able to tag people with his Web Ziplin- err, tounge is great for fake back jump shenanigans, or following op after wrecking ball approaches.

His medium attacks are stubbier than I'd like, but that crazy reach Heavy Kick gives him a solid footsie tool. He also has a very easy to use Medium-Kick Crossup, and his jump HP "No Ma'm!" has a great amount of reach under him.

I just love how I can gel with a new character in KI in moments, yet I still don't really love how anyone in MKX feels at all, lol. I really respect how solid the core of this game is, and that makes it easy to get excited for a new season; even archetypes I won't stick with are crazy fun to play, because the systems just feel good, and every character offers something I wanna play around with.

Rise of Aether coming out late this year will easily fill some of the gap left by no late year KI update. The fact we'll have 2 "exclusive" fighters on the system pretty soon is more significant to me than the fact we'll have to wait a while for S3. I hope the break time allows them to solidify their development base even more, though I wouldn't mind some additional preview characters popping into the game before then! ;-)

So, is there anything we can infer from the season 3 logo? Surely the greenish mist is a hint.

Only logical* answer is Alien Corridors.

Cc_corr1.jpg

they're trying to start up that Arbiter hype early.

If I saw that image before the reveal. I would that it's fake. Lol

Maybe, they don't have a redesign yet. That'll come by later on in the future. I'm just waiting on the colors of Zitz and Pimple, and Rash's stage!

vg260

Played a little tonight and he looks well done for this early state. Still a little too whimsical a character for my liking. It's weird to see such a big smiley character in this game. Most of the characters despite being tropes still have this serious edge to them, which is kinda what I liked most about the game. I'm a bigger fan of something ridiculous played more straight/deadpan versus slapstick/wacky, and this is more to the latter, but I can see others enjoying him though.

I would not be surprised if they beta a few other things to tide us.

We could be getting Holiday colors, Season 3 pre-season, Dojo for everyone else etc. It's plenty of possible content to tide us over.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I wonder if some things will change this season, in order to make way for greater focus in different directions? Such as not every character getting a stage, but getting more characters, or having a team of characters share 1 location and theme? I love the 1 to 1 aspects, but I wouldn't mind stages that are for multiple characters, and therefore have multiple gimmicks (like a unique stage ultra for each corner.)

That's a very nice way of putting things.

Thanks, I'm glad this series has grown to where it can feel that way, y'know? SO many of the old fighters were single-inspiration attempts at something (Horror fighter, Dinosaur Fighter, Weapon Fighter), but they became much more as they grew, and gained a wider ranger of inspiration and expression. It's great to see KI growing in such a way, IG (and DH) have showed a lot of creativity with modernizing the franchise.

Most of the characters despite being tropes still have this serious edge to them, which is kinda what I liked most about the game. I'm a bigger fan of something ridiculous played more straight/deadpan versus slapstick/wacky, and this is more to the latter, but I can see others enjoying him though.

Longer running series generally seem to need to embrace new ideals to stay relevant. It's pretty awesome to see KI as an outlet that can celebrate anything of Rare with a slight edge. Rash to me feels less like a shift in tone from, say, Streets of Rage to the Turtles Beat Em Ups, and more like the shift Rare took from Diddy Kong to Conker and Jet Force Gemini. The visual language is pretty similar, helping the exaggerations and tonal shift seem more like a new emotion from the same beast, rather than a new beast showing a far different side.

For series that add 1 or 2 characters per iteration, I can see them playing everything close to the collar, But for a game like KI, which is something of a full new release each season, I'm actually kinda happy it puts out a few markedly different traits between eras of characters.

Top Bottom