• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

.la1n

Okay good don't have to buy rare replay, as long as you've purchased KI content you get Rash as well.

Yes March 2016 is absolutely a result of the PC port.

sangreal

So Season 3 is March 2016... shit why so long? Because of the KI PC port?

Probably... and also didn't they need some more time on Season 2? IIRC they put out Omen to get some breathing room

Regardless, the important thing is they confirmed it

vg260

Release date is about what I would have expected, but the Rash thing already was a surprise.

Good stuff.

Season 3 and SFV around the same time. Crazy.

Jarlaxle

Glad to see confirmation of Season 3 although I never had a doubt. Sad to see guest characters in KI. I'd rather they just keep making new characters. I don't really like guest characters in any fighting games.

dankir

Glad to see confirmation of Season 3 although I never had a doubt. Sad to see guest characters in KI. I'd rather they just keep making new characters. I don't really like guest characters in any fighting games.

Yeah but if he brings a moveset and characteristics that suit the game, who cares. I mean he's just a skin after all.

Can't wait to try him out!

Scotia

Banned
Glad that season 3's been announced although I'm dissapointed there was no trailer. I can't wait to see Tusk though.

The battletoads thing is really weird to me. I know KI is a fantasy game with robots, dinosaurs, flame guys and ice aliens but a giant trash-talking toad is a little too much for me. I'll probably skip battletoads guy.

vg260

I'm generally not a fan of guest characters, but it depends on the situation. I hated Vader/Yoda in SCIV because they didn't fit the same type of fantasy theme, but Predator and Jason in MKX seem to fit really well, and I enjoy them in there.

He's too goofy for my taste in this situation. KI is over-the top with nonsensical characters, but kind of has a faux seriousness to it. I don't think he fits in that way.

I'm not surprised at all though, but I'd prefer a original character.

Skab

Really torn about this, personally. Super stoked to have season 3 announced/confirmed.

Very meh about guest characters.

He doesn't take up one of the actual season 3 roster spots though, right?

Scotia

Banned
Really torn about this, personally. Super stoked to have season 3 announced/confirmed.

Very meh about guest characters.

He doesn't take up one of the actual season 3 roster spots though, right?

Hey Dudes & Dudettes! We are stoked to announce that Rash from Battletoads will be a fighter in Killer Instinct Season 3, which we’re sure you’ve heard by now is set to release in March 2016.

By the sounds of it yes, unfortunately.

.la1n

I guess I'm the odd man out that thinks Rash fits perfectly into Killer Instinct, lol. Over the top fighters with some humor has 90s KI written all over it. I guess it doesn't hurt I grew up loving Ninja Turtles and Battletoads.

I'd actually really like to see a creature from Gears or Marcus Fenix as well. As long as Tusk and Kim Wu are there they can go nuts with the rest of the roster. I also have complete faith in Keits and the team to drum up some great unique game play mechanics for every new fighter.

Was reading about Rash, and holy shit; from a moveset standpoint this guy looks amazing. I'll soon find out if he is or not.

I'm not a fan of guest characters, but whatever. The more, the merrier!

Sponge

Banned
Since they said guest "characters" I'm hoping the only other one we might get is something out of Halo. Halo's got plenty of fans and that could totally help build a bigger audience for KI. I don't not want them to go overboard with guests, though. Hoping for the remaining classic characters to return plus more great new ones from Iron Galaxy.

Unit24

I'm disappointed in the lack of a PC release date. I guess it'll be coming much later this year, alongside Windows 10 on Xbone.

Since they said guest "characters" I'm hoping the only other one we might get is something out of Halo. Halo's got plenty of fans and that could totally help build a bigger audience for KI. I don't not want them to go overboard with guests, though. Hoping for the remaining classic characters to return plus more great new ones from Iron Galaxy.

Chief or Locke seem perfect for KI, honestly. I also don't mind a guest character or two because both prior seasons have had a handful of returning characters taking up slots, while we only have 2-3 in S3 provided we just get Shago, Tusk and Kim Wu.

Doukou

I'm pretty sure Rash will be the 9th character in Season 3
I perfer him over Omen and shadow design, but agree he feels out of place. Specially his wrecking ball move. He looks also looked a bit off but I think it's since he's not fully done.
I think the whole guest character(s) stuff is more pre emptive planning for possible future stuff.
Love free stuff though.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Shago is technically the S1 bonus

Maybe what they're doing is adding characters on top but not giving them a stage? That would certainly allow them to give us a full season + a couple or a few bonus characters

Also the bonus characters may be thrown into the ultra package, who knows.

They didn't announce character count for the season... hopefully we will soon

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Was not expecting the "OUT TODAY!{" Potential of a new chara to play with in KI. That's well played, something I always wanted to see happen with something completely new in KI. TJ Combo early access to the next level!

Guest characters and Fighters are perfect for each other, to me. Fighters are the best types of games to celebrate characters, so why not shine a spotlight on them, in something that's so replayable? Many would be over with a Battletoad or a Perfect Dark after they finish a story mode or some such... but a fighter gives them such long-lasting, constantly renewing exposure.

I really like IG's (And DH's) new character designs, but seeing a mix of them, returning charas, and guest from other series is perfectly fine. I'd love to see them run with the concept in interesting ways (such as having a gears of war guest not just be one character, but have each color option being a different member of the COGs, with the same moveset and body-boxes, but different vocal lines and secondary (taunt, victory) animations.

Heatshade

Neo Member
Like that S3 is coming, hate that its because of PC we have to wait so long.
I never wanted a PC version in the first place and now we have to wait because of it as well.

And Rash... you know...
lame in my opinion.
Sorry, wish i could be more hyped.

Scotia

Banned
Adam Isgreen ‏@Ishmae1
@KI_Central We'll be talking more about rollout soon, but there will be more characters at S3 start than there was in S2.

Just to clarify, does this mean Season 3 will launch with more characters than Season 2 launched with?

vg260

Like that S3 is coming, hate that its because of PC we have to wait so long.
I never wanted a PC version in the first place and now we have to wait because of it as well.

A cross-play PC version is going to help the community, so it's for the best. It's probably not he only reason. They could use the time to wrap up season 2 loose ends and launch with more than one character.

Heatshade

Neo Member
A cross-play PC version is going to help the community, so it's for the best. It's probably not he only reason. They could use the time to wrap up season 2 loose ends and launch with more than one character.

Sure, I dont mind the communtiy help.
Just dont make other players wait for it.
Its probably a business standpoint way over my head tho.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I think solely blaming the PC release for the March 2016 launch is pretty short sighted and presumptuous.

I'm sure it slows things down some but they no doubt have added dedicated staff to work on the PC version. Also a release that far away basically insures S3 will have more characters at launch, improved visuals (1080P is very likely now IMO) and higher production values/presentation.

Sydle

You guys are thinking about this all wrong. They don't need to have other MS properties get involved. They just need to keep riding that Rare hype train and put Jo Dark in.

This. It may be cool even if they put in Velvet instead.

vg260

While I'd love 1080p, I'm skeptical they can technically pull it off. I'm not going to get my hopes up for it, unless DX12 can work some magic.

So, is there anything we can infer from the season 3 logo? Surely the greenish mist is a hint.

KI_Season3_Logo_Wide.jpg

Lengusta

Banned
The game loaded from the DLC screen in like 3 seconds for me now shit use to be take around 3 minutes plus.

I'm very fucking happy.

Scotia

Banned
So, is there anything we can infer from the season 3 logo? Surely the greenish mist is a hint.

Season 2 kinda felt like 'Rise of Ultra-Tech' with all the UT characters being added and the UI changing to a futuristic style. At the moment I feel like Season 3 will be about 'The Return of Gargos' and I think the characters, storylines and maybe the UI will reflect this. Just by looking at Season 3's logo;

I just feel like it has something to do with Gargos. I can't really explain it. So yeah, I get big Gargos vibes with the logo.

Skab

You know, I understand that I'm probably in the minority on this, but I'm actually going to be pretty bummed out of we don't get Eyedol.

Scotia

Banned
You know, I understand that I'm probably in the minority on this, but I'm actually going to be pretty bummed out of we don't get Eyedol.

I agree with you, Eyedol would be rad as shit. But I swear I read somewhere that someone involved with KI said he would never make it in the game. I can't remember who said it or when I read it but I do remember it.

Top Bottom