• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

remz

I thought Rash's instinct was trash but I just found some cool tech.

If you call the speed bike you can get a safe counter break that not only protects you but also continues the combo.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/game...kou&scid=5af40b00-965f-4a28-aab5-cf69642bec88

The last attempt shows me doing it correctly, kind of hard to point out when I counter break.
Reminds me of a similar trick with Orchid's instinct that I'm not sure you can do anymore. I guess they're p much the same instinct

.la1n

The Battletoads theme remix is amazing, Mick's work I presume?

I hope the tease means Kim Wu is coming at the beginning of the season. It would make sense to probably hold Tusk off until later. Also, Max did an amazing job with that trailer, quality and editing was a notch above the trailers he's done previously. Very crisp video quality too at 1080x60fps.

.la1n

Does anyone else's game make high pitched noises when getting into the red portion of the KV meter after the update?

I haven't paid attention but I will listen for it the next time I boot the game up. I did notice that they seemed to have fixed Kan-Ra's stage ultra to work correctly again. Load times also seem to be a bit better but could be where I just got back from vacation and have not played in a while.

I would like a full list of patch notes when they get time.

If I remember correctly Adam and Ken said they didn't like Eyedol at all.

Adam didn't rule it out, he just said that for them to do they'd have to come up with a concept the team liked which would result in Eyedol looking significantly different. I would be fine with that, just keep the cyclops concept and expand from there.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Trailer was pretty hype, love the new logo too. I am so ready for Kim Wu..gonna be a long 8 months lol.

Skab

So I'm watching the archive of a stream Max did last night, and he pointed out that the currently playable Rash is actually his retro costume, and he's right.

He also pointed out how there are screens of him with different colors, one of which looks more "realistic" and less cartoony. (right side)

Rash_battletodas_killer_instinct_2.jpg

.la1n

Yeah so when your KV reaches red there is a new audio indicator on your hits, I wonder if that's intentional so you don't have to focus on the meter?

Oh and did anyone notice the Aria stage now uses her theme from the KI season 2 soundtrack? So good.

dankir

I'd settle for illustrations, rather than the character models, but that may be harder to do and not a good solution to the long loading.

I pointed this out before but in some cases the Character models loads up to 3 seperate times until the actual fight. They need to mix it up or something.

Actually it might be less now that they changed the survival mode to have pics of your opponents but it's the same animation over and over.

I'm sure there's going to be a big UI overhaul just we got from S1 -> S2.

vg260

Season 3 needs one feature above all else, a character select screen I can navigate smoothly ;)

No joke. It really does.

At this point I think Dojo mode can be relegated to the bottom of the priority list. I'm glad they bumped it for Shadows and breaker training, which are way more interesting and practical. With the combo system being fairly normalized across characters, I don't think an in-game tutorial for each character would be worthwhile without a massive amount of effort. They would have to go pretty in-depth to make it worthwhile. Maybe just one module per character explaining their unique gimmick or meter properties would be sufficient. Stuff above that, like particular set-ups and combos seems like a lot work with little return.

Also, did the build of the game with Rash look crisper to anyone? Maybe it was my imagination.

.la1n

It's not just you the game does look crisper to me as well, maybe some tweaks graphically were done. I did notice they fixed the gamma blow out at the end of matches as well. Lots of of little fixes I'm picking up on.

Skab

Interesting. The other thread got me thinking, so I asked Adam on twitter if they're counting shadow jago as a season 2 or season 3 character. Apparently they count him as a season 1 character.

This makes me wonder.

Season 1 gave us 7 returning characters, 1 new, 1 bonus.
Season 2 gave us 4 returning, 4 new, 1 bonus.
Season 3 can potentially give us 4 returning again, if Eyedol comes back. 4 new, plus Rash as the bonus character would follow Season 2's pattern.

But if we are truly getting more than one guest character, then that means we are either getting less original characters, or more than 9 characters this season. (I guess you could argue that even guest characters are "new" characters in a way, but that's not the same as completely original characters like we got last season.)

tapedeck

It's not just you the game does look crisper to me as well, maybe some tweaks graphically were done. I did notice they fixed the gamma blow out at the end of matches as well. Lots of of little fixes I'm picking up on.
I definitely noticed a change as well but was scared to say anything in case it was just my imagination lol.

Jarlaxle

I know this is incredibly early to talk about since Season 3 was just announced yesterday, but do you guys think that Season 3 will be the last? Will we get a Season 4 or is that it for this iteration of KI?

With the entire cast (presumably), potentially being out with this season, I wonder if they'll close up shop on KI. I'd love for it to continue though throughout the lifecycle of the XB1. I guess time and money will tell, but I get the feeling this is going to be the last season.

I think season 3 will be the last, yes.

I'm sure they'll do some updates here and there after season 3 but I'd be really surprised if they did a whole new season.

.la1n

If the game continues to be successful financially and with fans then I don't see them stopping updates.

vg260

Patch notes detailing changes will be up when the forums are back, fyi.

tapedeck

I see no reason to go beyond season 3. They create new modes, and maybe add another character or two but Season 3 should probably be the last.
Yeah I agree.

I think 3 Seasons is the right sweet spot for this game, of course keep patching/improving the game after S3, add features/refinements here and there but that would be it. Let the game rest after that, then if it's still relevant maybe an all new KI sequel for Xbox Two.

tapedeck

Just so this doesn't get out of hand, as my tweet left a lot of room for interpretation, S3 will launch with more characters than S2 launched with -- i.e. more than two.
8 S3 LAUNCH CHARACTERS CONFIRMED.

im guessing 4, nice even number and very reasonable in the time frame :)

I knew it. Kim Wu is the first! Sorry, Tusk. ;)

I'm so damn excited for her return! I also love the nunchucku design. I wonder how long it'll be till we can get a glimpse of her design?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I knew it. Kim Wu is the first! Sorry, Tusk. ;)

I'm so damn excited for her return! I also love the nunchucku design. I wonder how long it'll be till we can get a glimpse of her design?

Well.... there's 7 months between now and launch

Sooo... maybe at NYCC?

Maybe they'll be showing off characters and opening them to test every time they reveal :O

Well.... there's 7 months between now and launch

Sooo... maybe at NYCC?

Maybe they'll be showing off characters and opening them to test every time they reveal :O

I know this, but I just feel we wouldn't get full on gameplay since the game doesn't come out till March. But that's just my thinking.

But if that happens, that'd be amazing! Kim Wu. <3 Especially since September will finally be my time. T-T

Adam already said that this season our first look at characters will most likely be their trailers.

Ah, well then, I'll hope to see that trailer up on the future.

Skab

So, just had a scary thought.

Mick responded on twitter today that the Battletoads remix wasn't from him, and when asked somethinga bout Kim Wu's music, he responded with "I'm unable to answer this."

What if he doesnt come back for season 3 D:

(I would be shocked. No way they ditch him now.)

.la1n

I wouldn't read too much into it, nobody involved is allowed to answer any questions about the game that isn't already public knowledge.

Top Bottom