• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Oh God, no Mick for Season 3 would be the worst thing ever..

MS has to know he's top priority to keep on board.

anyone have recommendations for a decent controller to use for this game? the factory xbone controller is alright i guess but its difficult for me to consistently incorporate the shoulder buttons into combos, then it becomes predictable.

i checked out reviews of the MK X 6 button controller and they're pretty bad. specifically, the buttons are too sensitive and often register multiple presses even if you only press once (this would kill you in KI especially).

i kind of don't want to spend $150 on an arcade stick but i don't know. i wish hori released the FC4 on xbone. i have it on ps4 and it is so good. i also have a cronusmax but im having some trouble getting it to recognize the FC4.

So, just had a scary thought.

Mick responded on twitter today that the Battletoads remix wasn't from him, and when asked somethinga bout Kim Wu's music, he responded with "I'm unable to answer this."

What if he doesnt come back for season 3 D:

(I would be shocked. No way they ditch him now.)

He did the same thing with S2. I can't imagine MS would ditch him with how much the community loves his music.

Synth

He did the same thing with S2. I can't imagine MS would ditch him with how much the community loves his music.

But what if it's the other way around? What if he's ditching us?... Maybe he was only sticking around until he got to score the Cinder remix...

Oh god...

Scotia

Banned
No Mick for Season 3 is possibly one of the worst things that could have happened. I was liking what I heard from the Battletoads theme and the little piece we got for Kim Wu sounded quite good but it'll never be on the same level as Mick. This is terrible news.

El Sabroso

we were on a good path until this was announced by Mick himself, and I was listening to the S1 and S2 OST all this day, was just imaging how good he could remix Rash's theme or a Vampire theme for the S3 and then suddenly this

so... how we get him back ?

The Flash

Banned
This really is going to be the last season isn't it? I just hope they end it on a high note. They're going to have their work cut out for them with guest characters and no Mick.

.la1n

Worst possible news. Anyone replacing Mick will be instantly noticeable and music is such a huge part of the game. That definitely pulls back my excitement for season 3 substantially.

Wow.. I am super disappointed right now. It's going to be super odd hearing Season 3's OST , it'lldefinitely be noticeable.

Why did he have to go. He doesn't get to work on Kim Wu's theme... D:

vg260

Dang that's some really disappointing news. Can't fault him for doing what he has to do, but still, what a huge loss.

.la1n

It's pretty unprofessional we hear this from Mick and no statement from Microsoft. This is the kind of thing you want to get out ahead of.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Legit shook about Mick leaving. Please announce the replacement asap! Beanland?
It fucking HAS to be Beanland, maybe collabbing with someone of Micks caliber.

I mean that is the only scenario that would give me hope S3's soundtrack could come close to matching whatever Mick would have done.

It's pretty unprofessional we hear this from Mick and no statement from Microsoft. This is the kind of thing you want to get out ahead of.

Worst part is they probably won't tell us about a replacement for a while. I'd be fine with Beanland but I'd imagine he's super busy with Sea of Thieves. I really liked Mick because he seemed to understand KI and the characters within the universe. I'm not sure many others can do what he can did.

It's only 6AM on the west coast so hopefully MS says something in a couple hours.

The Flash

Banned
He didn't, he mentioned it on Twitter.

3qrurn.jpg

vg260

I think it's fine. I don't think it's unprofessional. What technically is a contractor leaving is not really the kind of thing you announce or make a big deal out of, especially if it takes wind out of the sails of a big reveal you just made. Stuff like this happens. You don't want to give bad news more attention.

I haven't even touched the game yet, but I'm profoundly saddened by the departure of Mick. However, he gave me the greatest thing in remixing Cinder's theme into something I could never fathom. It's perfect and fits the character just right. So I'm going to try not to think about what could've been and just be happy and thankful that Cinder's new theme exists. Mick did a masterful job on both the S1 and S2 soundtracks and I'm sure MS is going to have one hell of a time finding someone on his level.

Best wishes to Mick! I'm excited to see what he comes out with next.

.la1n

Worst part is they probably won't tell us about a replacement for a while. I'd be fine with Beanland but I'd imagine he's super busy with Sea of Thieves. I really liked Mick because he seemed to understand KI and the characters within the universe. I'm not sure many others can do what he can did.

It's only 6AM on the west coast so hopefully MS says something in a couple hours.

They heard me ;)

https://twitter.com/killerinstinct/status/629308321300791296

Sounds decent so far, I take it this means Rash will be getting his own stage? Hopefully they're diverse enough to represent the season 3 cast properly. I think the true test will be hearing an original piece.

Sounds decent so far, I take it this means Rash will be getting his own stage? Hopefully they're diverse enough to represent the season 3 cast properly. I think the true test will be hearing an original piece.

What are some ideas you have for future tracks?

Klayton: "We have a few skeletal ideas for some of the upcoming characters in Season 3, but we don’t want to spoil anything. It’s safe to say that each character will have their own distinct sound, so you’ll be able to identify which fighter is fighting based on the vibe and elements of the music. It’s really great to be part of a game that has been historically driven by music."

Tom: "Yep! This is going to be fun. ��"

Well that's a good way to destroy hype for season 3.

I wonder what happened. If Mick didn't want to come back then I guess I get it but if it was something else that prevented him from coming back then I'm going to be pretty peeved at Microsoft.

.la1n

I doubt it's anything nearly as sinister as some people like to imagine. He probably just wasn't going to have the time needed to work on it due to other obligations. It happens.

Mick did great work on Killer instinct so far!

Excited to hear what these new guys can do too. Doesn't have to all negative guys.. The Rash theme is awesome.

Give them a chance at least, damn.

The Flash

Banned

I wonder what happened. If Mick didn't want to come back then I guess I get it but if it was something else that prevented him from coming back then I'm going to be pretty peeved at Microsoft.

Going by what Mick and MS have said it doesn't sound like there's any bad blood. Mick just needs to move on apparently.

Doukou

Pretty sure it was Mick and not any bad blood. He just edited the Halo Wars 2 trailer so I doubt MS undervalues him or something.
I imagine he is going to get a more permanent job at Bethesda.

Not sure how I feel about =Celldweller. On one hand I like his music in Dead Rising 2, on the other there a lack of natural elements in his stuff.

Skab

Omg you mean I was right yesterday?

I'm...so sad now.

I'll try to be positive here though, and am willing to give Celldweller a shot.

Also apparently the only reason Mick isn't coming back is because he just has too many other projects going on and cant fit Season 3 in. So at least there wasn't any sort of bad reason for it.

Edit: Oh holy shit, I just realized that the other guy, Tom Salta, is Atlus Plug. The dotacinema guys use his music for their top weekly plays videos.

Doukou

After listening to Atlas Plug stuff, I'm much more hopeful about the soundtrack. Him and Celldweller should be nice fits with eachother. The battletoads theme is great so far.

Mick being gone from season 3 definitely hurts, but I'm willing to give Celldweller and Atlas Plug a fair shot.

These guys should be making some great music if they follow Mick's example.

Synth

I'm significantly less worried hearing that Atlas Plug is involved. Hadn't really heard much of him recently... but I still listen to 2 Days or Die... awesome album imo.

Top Bottom