• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

The Flash

Banned
Sad the Season 2 soundtrack still isn't up on groove.

I got tired of waiting and bought it on iTunes and transferred it over to Groove since I was going to buy it there anyway. I forgot how much of a hassle iTunes is sometimes. Luckily things like the track names and artwork all transferred perfectly. Even Rash's trailer music had artwork which was unexpected.

Unit24

I'm in a predicament where I really want to buy a good arcade stick to play KI with, but the really good ones are $200 and I could only use them for one game. At least, until Microsoft finally releases proper drivers on the PC, which probably won't be until March.

Unit24

I'm actually toying around with the idea of picking up a fight stick. What are some of the ones that you're looking at?

The only ones I've seen are the HORI RAP 4 Hayabusa, Razer Atrox, and Madcatz TE2. The HORI stick is $150, the other two are $200. I don't want to get the cheaper one because I already have a HORI stick for PS4/PS3, and while it's a pretty good stick (as far as I can tell, it's the only one I've ever used), it doesn't have that much wrist room, which bugs me.

The Flash

Banned
The only ones I've seen are the HORI RAP 4 Hayabusa, Razer Atrox, and Madcatz TE2. The HORI stick is $150, the other two are $200. I don't want to get the cheaper one because I already have a HORI stick for PS4/PS3, and while it's a pretty good stick (as far as I can tell, it's the only one I've ever used), it doesn't have that much wrist room, which bugs me.

Cool. I'll definitely check those out. Thanks.

I love the Mad Catz stick. I made a few mods (bat top and octagonal restrictor) and it's awesome now.

I don't know what that means :/

Cheers

Skab

I don't know what that means :/

49COMP.JPG

Bat top on left, ball top on right.

Restrictor shape is what you feel/are restricted by when you push the stick all the way to the edge. Square is shaped like a square, so it has corners, octagonal is shaped like an octagon.

The %'s here are the fraction of the total area that is filled by each input on the stick. What this means for you is how much room you have on the stick to hit that direction with each gate, and therefore how much you have to move the stick to hit it. (Center is the neutral position dead zone.)

It's all a personal preference, really.

Skab

Ah I see. Thanks for explaining.

Still got a lot to learn when it comes to fighting games but that's okay because I want to learn. I have the badassness of KI to thank for that.

Good times ahead, my friend. Learning them is half the fun!

Be warned though, sticks take a bit to get used to if you're new to using them. I couldn't do shit when I got my first one. But once I got used to it/learned how to play with one, there was no going back.

Apparently we are getting another guest character?

- Kim Wu
- Tusk
- Eyedol (He needs to be in)
- Gargos

- New Character (Vampire pls!)
- New Character
- Rash
- Guest Character

The Flash

Banned
Yeah Isgreen confirmed that like two days ago.

Second new character (if that's how it's going to go) should be a monster hunter dude/dudette.

Twist: We actually end up getting 3 guest characters.

Yeah Isgreen confirmed that like two days ago.

Second new character (if that's how it's going to go) should be a monster hunter dude/dudette.

I just found out at that moment.

What are the chances we get more than 8 characters?

Who knows? That'd be pretty amazing. I mean, I'm sure we'd get a bonus character like Shago/Omen to make it 9.

The Flash

Banned
Well there's 18 characters right now if we count Shago so anouther 8 would bring us to 26. Why not just add 4 more and make it an even 30 hmmm?

Skab

Didnt Adam say something about S3 having a sibling of another character? Don't remember if it was someone from season 1 or 2.

I just had a hype moment that could happen if Kim wu is given a move to reflect projectiles. If she could do that and Maya and Kim wu I can just imagine the chaos of with Kim wu reflect everything Maya has. It will look so awesome lol.

Heatshade

Neo Member
Apparently we are getting another guest character?

- Kim Wu
- Tusk
- Eyedol (He needs to be in)
- Gargos

- New Character (Vampire pls!)
- New Character
- Rash
- Guest Character

I dont know if you can say the guest characters take up a spot, because Maximilian said in one of his streams that Rash isnt going to be part of the core roster.

Skab

I wouldnt take Max's words to mean anything.

He doesn't actually know anything we don't, and that is just his interpretation/opinion on things. And he's been wrong before about that sort of thing.

He only found out about Rash a week before the reveal, and only so he could make the trailer.

.la1n

I don't think 9 total characters is out of the realm of possibility. I do believe that any guest characters will be a part of that total count. I highly doubt we will see Eyedol but Gargos is a lock, will be the boss of this season.

rrc1594

When is the next big tournament, need that competitive Ki in my life. I hope MS does some special stuff for KI Pro Cup, like show off S3.

vg260

Finally started playing online again since the ranked system was implemented. Looks like I'll be in Gold Tier for a while, which is fine, as I don't want to get stuck in Killer just to get constantly beat down Although, I don't think I've won yet in Gold.

The netcode seems good when good, but I still get some terrible connections. I guest there's no way to avoid that.

It kinda sounds like sacrilege, but I'm still kinda meh on the basic combo system. I love everything else about it, but I feel like I'm not enjoying that part as much as I should. I feel like it's a bit too homogeneous. Maybe once I get better at breaking combos and stop eating over 50% damage every time I get hit.

Finally started playing online again since the ranked system was implemented. Looks like I'll be in Gold Tier for a while, which is fine, as I don't want to get stuck in Killer just to get constantly beat down Although, I don't think I've won yet in Gold.

The netcode seems good when good, but I still get some terrible connections. I guest there's no way to avoid that.

It kinda sounds like sacrilege, but I'm still kinda meh on the basic combo system. I love everything else about it, but I feel like I'm not enjoying that part as much as I should. I feel like it's a bit too homogeneous. Maybe once I get better at breaking combos and stop eating over 50% damage every time I get hit.
It took me a long time to get to grips with the combo system and even still I'm pretty bad. I can't reliability break shadows or shadow counter. I'm recently able to read people and throw out a successful counter breaker now and then.

As for breaking, I still have an awful habit of pure guessing. Every now and then when I make a read and break at the right moment it's so satisfying.

I feel you on the ranked comment. I got promoted to Killer and my record so far is 57-57. But when I lose I really lose. Getting matched with pros and getting momumentally shit on is no fun. I'd be better suited to the gold tier I think.

I was thinking of stages for Rash, and I came to the conclusion of having Karnath's Lair be his stage.

With Karnath as the stage ultra chomping on the players like he does to the toads in Super Battletoads.

Top Bottom