• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Jawmuncher

Is there a list or calendar when the free character changes? It's still on SabreWulf. Yes I know I should just buy Season 1 & 2 but i'm waiting on a sale.

.la1n

Is there a list or calendar when the free character changes? It's still on SabreWulf. Yes I know I should just buy Season 1 & 2 but i'm waiting on a sale.

I am not aware of any list or calendar unfortunately. There used to be a small news blurb about the upcoming character for rotation but they haven't done that in a while that I'm aware of. Sorry :(

Jawmuncher

I'm amazed people actually play just using the free character

Lol I am too, like really you bought an xbone and don't have an extra 20 bucks?

I am not aware of any list or calendar unfortunately. There used to be a small news blurb about the upcoming character for rotation but they haven't done that in a while that I'm aware of. Sorry :(

I bought riptor since that's the main one I wanted. I didn't get into KI until now, so knowing that it's been on sale twice before I figure I might as well wait. I can't see them not doing one more sale before season 3.

I bought riptor since that's the main one I wanted. I didn't get into KI until now, so knowing that it's been on sale twice before I figure I might as well wait. I can't see them not doing one more sale before season 3.
That mentality is just odd to me.

I mean I get it if your young and have no income. But you'd spend 5 bucks on one character over paying 20 for 8? To each their own.

You also can buy the rest of Season 2 for 15 since you already put down 5 I believe.

Unit24

Well shit. I think I just discovered that I'm better with a controller than an arcade stick. I think I may have just wasted $200.

Oh, nevermind. I just got my first online win, and I was using Riptor with my arcade stick, and my movements felt way less mashy than before. Guess I'm sticking with Riptor after all. Good thing too, because I wasn't looking forward to having to learn a whole new character's moveset and unique mechanics.

btags

Well shit. I think I just discovered that I'm better with a controller than an arcade stick. I think I may have just wasted $200.

Oh, nevermind. I just got my first online win, and I was using Riptor with my arcade stick, and my movements felt way less mashy than before. Guess I'm sticking with Riptor after all. Good thing too, because I wasn't looking forward to having to learn a whole new character's moveset and unique mechanics.

Did you just start using the stick? If so, I was the same way at first. Not to say there aren't people who are better with a controller, but if you just started using the stick it does take a while to get used to (it literally took me months but now I am rubbish if I use my controller). Also, if you have trouble with certain moves, mainly quarter circle motions, check into getting an octoganol gate for the stick. That helped me out a lot.

On a side note, I just played a ranked match with Crazy LCD. I got totally destroyed in the second round but for most of the first round I managed to make it pretty close. Here is the video.

Jawmuncher

That mentality is just odd to me.

I mean I get it if your young and have no income. But you'd spend 5 bucks on one character over paying 20 for 8? To each their own.

You also can buy the rest of Season 2 for 15 since you already put down 5 I believe.

Well I figure I should get the ultra packs or whatever they're called of season 1 and 2 so I can get the original games and such.

Skab

Sticks take time to adjust to. You will be ass with it at first, but it gets better.

I was terrible when I first switched over, but I can't go back to pad now. It feels so bad.

Doukou

I'd imagine another sale would be soon, maybe around time Rash ends as a way to convince people who had Rash to go all in.

Also a bit late but .Execute is so good. Originally I thought Aria's was just above Riptor but not its just below TJ's. The new stuff being added in game make me love Aria's stage.

drotahorror

On a side note, I just played a ranked match with Crazy LCD. I got totally destroyed in the second round but for most of the first round I managed to make it pretty close. Here is the video.

This is prolly a scrub question but sometimes during your shadow linkers it looks like you're cancelling them into a block to anticipate a shadow counter. How did you do that?

btags

This is prolly a scrub question but sometimes during your shadow linkers it looks like you're cancelling them into a block to anticipate a shadow counter. How did you do that?

Not a scrub question, after all how else would you learn how to play the game. I am assuming you are talking about when I do a counter break, for example at 2:01. If so, it is simply pressing both medium kick and medium punch at the same time mid-combo. It does not have to be during shadow moves, but can also be done during normal linkers and doubles as well. Furthermore, just to clarify, counterbreakers, which is the name for what I did, are used when you know someone is going to attempt to break your combo, not when you anticipate a shadow counter. The only way to get out of an anticipated shadow counter would be either not attempting to hit the opponent or canceling a shadow move with instinct activation while they are blocking.

vg260

Yeah, the 10 win in survival achievements are not popping for me. Guh.

Also, I think they need to
1. make the online matches best of 3.* Games go so quick, and I'm searching more than playing.
2. Allow dropping down to lower skill class, or improve matching within one.

* not until I get 20 wins with every character, which is hard for me in Gold class.

Noticed a lot of new players appearing in this thread. First, welcome to KI.

Second, please bookmark http://ki.infil.net/

Its a comprehensive free guide to every system and character in KI. It is the best.
Keits. Are there plans to change Ranked Leagues at all? I'm in Killer and I really don't belong there.

Getting matched with Pros and high skilled players is kinda irritating. I mean I don't usually mind losing because I think there's always something that can learnt from a loss.

But when I'm getting destroyed over and over with little chance of ever being capable enough to play on the same level as some of these folks it gets tiring.

.la1n

Keits is the combat director so a lot of times he won't know necessarily what plans are for other parts of the game. Even if he does he most likely can't talk about them :)

vg260

Keits. Are there plans to change Ranked Leagues at all? I'm in Killer and I really don't belong there.

Getting matched with Pros and high skilled players is kinda irritating. I mean I don't usually mind losing because I think there's always something that can learnt from a loss.

But when I'm getting destroyed over and over with little chance of ever being capable enough to play on the same level as some of these folks it gets tiring.

I would like to know this as well. If I somehow get on a roll and back my way into Killer, I probably will be horribly overstretched. I might even be out of place in Gold. It seems a little to fast to get into it when I was playing with characters I don't even know that well.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Are the audio cues at least better now?
IMO yes, a lot better now. I found the KV red hits sound very annoying before but now it's a much deeper 'chunkier thud' kind of sound..less intrusive but still obvious.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'm a bit upset. I got my XBO today and went to the store looking for KI. I see there's this $79.99 or $59.99 bundle and I think this is for the costumes and everything, so I keep looking. I end up purchasing the Season 2 Ultra Edition and I realize after buying it that I don't get season 1. LOL

I guess I'll need to somehow buy the first season somewhere. I was hoping this would have been cheaper by now.

My first match was with the guest character Rash. It went alright. I don't have the skills down yet or the mechanics to the point where I feel comfortable, but the match went smoothly. It's still downloading at the moment. I'm just a bit bummed out and sad about this.

Edit: I need to find a version of season 1 sometime.

.la1n

What you would have wanted is the KI Ultimate bundle which has both Season 1 and 2 ultra editions. The best choice for you now if you want Season 1 and bonus accessories you'll want to get the Season 1 Ultra edition. It does go on sale from time to time if your patient.

IMO yes, a lot better now. I found the KV red hits sound very annoying before but now it's a much deeper 'chunkier thud' kind of sound..less intrusive but still obvious.

I got to play this morning finally and I agree the sounds are much better. It's more natural now, doesn't bother me nearly as much. One of the audio guys on the ultra forums did say they were adding an option later to adjust volume and disable altogether so that's nice for those that want it.

vg260

I got to play this morning finally and I agree the sounds are much better. It's more natural now, doesn't bother me nearly as much. One of the audio guys on the ultra forums did say they were adding an option later to adjust volume and disable altogether so that's nice for those that want it.

I assumed they would, but it's good it's confirmed. I do appreciate when they make audio/video enhancements optional.

I play Wulf so obviously I hate playing Glacius. I especially hate when a Glacius is tea bagging and all that mess. Final match of a Killer best of 3 and this counter breaker is the definition of when keeping it real goes wrong.

http://xboxclips.com/oI+Mack+Io/c1362033-9f93-4283-8235-f1600f0d7788

If anyone on here watches this I'd really appreciate some feedback on how I can get better!

I'm not a Wulf player so I can't give too much specific advice but one thing I noticed is that you aren't really taking advantage of your lockouts. Once you get a lockout nothing really changes in your combo it seems. As Sabrewulf you should really be heavy rabid doubling your opponent to pieces while they're locked out.

I'm not a Wulf player so I can't give too much specific advice but one thing I noticed is that you aren't really taking advantage of your lockouts. Once you get a lockout nothing really changes in your combo it seems. As Sabrewulf you should really be heavy rabid doubling your opponent to pieces while they're locked out.
I have a habit of always going for shadow jumping slash whenever I get a lockout. I really should be mashing heavies though and saving shadow meter. Appreciate it breh

Keits

Developer
Hey KI guys. At 6pm EST, the Top 16 of the 8Bit Beatdown weekly Killer Instinct tournament will be streamed. This week has 120 players competing for $1,000 - paid down top 8.

Please tune in at twitch.tv/omgwtfzombiebbq

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Hey KI guys. At 6pm EST, the Top 16 of the 8Bit Beatdown weekly Killer Instinct tournament will be streamed. This week has 120 players competing for $1,000 - paid down top 8.

Please tune in at twitch.tv/omgwtfzombiebbq
Sweet, will definitely tune in. The past few 8BB's have been fantastic.

Sydle

Those PinkDiamond and PaulB matches were great. Glad PD won and I'm looking forward to seeing how far she can take Maya.

.la1n

Amazing final matches between pinkdiamond and paulb, nice to see her finally take one of the beat downs.

I almost feel like Sabrewulf still puts out too much damage, especially in instinct but it may just be knee jerk reactions to seeing top players using him.

T.O.P

Banned
Mother of god

Dat PaulB reset for an entire lifebar against PinkDiamond is the stuff of nightmares

@Bloody hell, that was one of the best GF in a while lol shame about those Wulf drop in the end

.la1n

Do they have a panel? I feel like they were just asking if anyone from the community is going to be there lol.

Would be nice to see some Shago stuff and maybe Kim Wu concept art, but it probably won't happen.

Yeah I think that quote is just asking if members of the community will be at the show. I do think it would be good timing for some Shadow Jago game play and possibly a release window.

Doukou

For new PAX info
New figures seem likely from 4 days
Ultimate Source ‏@ultimatetoy
@The8BitVillain stay tuned! We will be announcing wave two figures shortly.

It was in response to Orchid so I think that will be one along with a S2 character like Cinder or TJ.

Top Bottom