• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Do they have a panel? I feel like they were just asking if anyone from the community is going to be there lol.

Would be nice to see some Shago stuff and maybe Kim Wu concept art, but it probably won't happen.

Well something is on the schedule for monday for KI

Saw this on KI Central and thought it was pretty cool: A secret track from Rare Replay called "Bloodlust" in KI2 for a unused Vampire character. Supposedly it was then used for Conker's Bad Fur Day later on.

Bloodlust
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElZ0jSTEKaQ

Like most, I really hope they do add a Vampire character for S3, it's the most asked for trope from a lot of KI fans so far. Also...is there any new KI news or anything at PAX this weekend or no? Would be nice if they were there but I'm guessing not......a Kim Wu first look would be nice since it's gonna be a long drought from here to March 2016. :(

Forever ignored. Lol

We might possibly get something this weekend, but I'd only be expecting Shago.

Lol opps sorry man, had multiple tabs up and didn't see your post above at all yo. Forgive me lol. (^ ^;)

And sweet, any news is good since the wait is gonna be long. Wanna see how his more Akuma looking move set looks in KI so hope they have a trailer to show.

Lol opps sorry man, had multiple tabs up and didn't see your post above at all yo. Forgive me lol. (^ ^;)

And sweet, any news is good since the wait is gonna be long. Wanna see how his more Akuma looking move set looks in KI so hope they have a trailer to show.

All good. At least there was more discussion on that subject.

I'm curious how his uppercut will be, they said that would be different, right? I don't remember the changes besides having air fireballs that go horizontally. I'm hoping he has the sword uppercut/kick ender.

I hope Tusk has accessories that make him look like He-Man.

I'm fully expecting this. Lol. At least in the retro outfit.

Doukou

A really good interview with Chris Nicolella, Senior Project Manager At Ultimate Source, went up yesterday: http://www.killerinstinctcentral.com/exclusive-interview-with-chris-nicolella-senior-project-manager-at-ultimate-source/

Talks about the planned released date of the collectible figures in there.

Surprised to see such a veteran behind it. Also 9' inch electronic figure is new info? Can't wait to see which ones get that, *cough* Aganos *cough*
March is gonna be a good KI month.

Doukou

Do people think Season 3 will be the last one? And if it is, will they stop updating it.

Probably a lot of things need to happen for season 4, IG needs to be up for another season, they might want to try and make their own game again. If not MS has to find another team, if they find it to still be profitable.
I'd imagine they would update with balances and maybe some other goodies. Maybe not even another season but just a one off guest character or brand new character.
I certainly don't think it needs to be the last but after season 3, I get a complete feeling like we finally got a lot of characters.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Do people think Season 3 will be the last one? And if it is, will they stop updating it.
Personally I think Season 3 should be the last one..that is provided it's as significant an update as I'm expecting...

I fully expect to see upgraded graphics, all new and improved in game HUD, new UI, new mechanics, new moves for existing characters, new S1 classics by Bayliss, ultimates, new modes etc. If we get all that then they should stop at S3 and just patch out any bugs/glitches etc, maybe add bits of content here and there but that's it. Keep the balance patches to a minimum too, let the game mature.

If KI is still relevant by the time Xbox Two hits (hopefully it is) then yeah go all in for a sequel.

.la1n

Assuming sales continue to increase (good chance they will with PC release) then I can't see them not going ahead with a Season 4 update. I can't imagine they'd stop delivering content as long as people are around to spend money on it.

edit: so I have been playing Omen more recently, feels like a strong character but notice his mask looks strange on Cinder's stage? Has that always been the case?

Season 3 should be it, Add everything that people wanted in Season 3. They can add a a couple more characters if they feel like it , Add some more modes but that is it. Think of new ideas for a sequel.

W.S.

Yeah I think having a Season 4 is stretching it too much, just add the rest of the KI2 characters in Season 3 and implement the rest of the story/shadow modes for the characters and wrap that bad boy up.

Sydle

I think Season 3 may be the last big season and they'll continue with smaller updates like new original KI characters, guest characters, and modes when they get inspired to add something.

I don't see why they need a sequel (i.e. reboot the KI platform) unless they come up with some new mechanics that just don't work with the current engine.

Doukou

I think Rash needs to have both the glasses and grin removed and he'll fit in nicely.
Yah the grin is a bit much but I think the glasses are good, they are well animated and they hide his cartooney eyes and make him seem more 3d.

The astro stream didn't have any exciting info but multiple guests characters was stated no exact number but more than 1. Also maybe I misheard but I think they said "haven't decided on who from Rare"

.la1n

Another guest from Rare could be cool but I'd prefer something from Gears of War. Don't want it to be all Rare property guest.

Doukou

Yah I agree, if there are more than 3 guests characters I think they should look for MS ips. Realistically out of Rare I only see the more humanoid characters working well rather than the small animal characters, which really only leaves us with Dark, Kameo and uh Jetpack-man. I think Kameo would be rather unrealistic since the character would require multiple models for her transformations, and if they go for the Kameo 2 design, redesigns also for the monsters.

I would like to see a Halo crossover, if there is a 3rd guest character, similar to DoA and Halo 3 where KI gets the guest fighter and the hardest ingame armor in Halo 5 is Fulgore armor.

hwalker84

Have a car from Forza.
dayton-usa-cars-fighters-megamix_480x360.jpeg

Sponge

Banned
I would like to see a Halo crossover, if there is a 3rd guest character, similar to DoA and Halo 3 where KI gets the guest fighter and the hardest ingame armor in Halo 5 is Fulgore armor.

I would buy Halo 5 in a heartbeat if I could wear Fulgore armor.

Anyone have any Aganos tips for using online? I've read the wikia on him but I'm getting slaughtered online playing as him.

Been methodically going through the characters online but have hit a wall (no pun intended) with him.

Anyone have any Aganos tips for using online? I've read the wikia on him but I'm getting slaughtered online playing as him.

Been methodically going through the characters online but have hit a wall (no pun intended) with him.

Not sure if he streams but if you can look up matches with ZergKiller check him out. He has a good Aganos.

Saw this on KI Central and thought it was pretty cool: A secret track from Rare Replay called "Bloodlust" in KI2 for a unused Vampire character. Supposedly it was then used for Conker's Bad Fur Day later on.

Bloodlust

Like most, I really hope they do add a Vampire character for S3, it's the most asked for trope from a lot of KI fans so far. Also...is there any new KI news or anything at PAX this weekend or no? Would be nice if they were there but I'm guessing not......a Kim Wu first look would be nice since it's gonna be a long drought from here to March 2016. :(

Bloody awesome!

Heatshade

Neo Member

Bloodlust

Its pretty sweet, I cant help but think that this song would also fit a Disgaea game.

Top Bottom