• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Doukou

Would they really announce something significant a few days after pax when it could have been there. At best it might be an announcement of a trailer/stream date.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
seems they forgot to announce the announcement

Announcing an announcement and then forgetting about the announcement.

Do you think they'll announce that they forgot?

Depends if they forget to.

What are we talking about?

Forgetting to announce forgotten announcements
tumblr_lt7137rXvc1r17215o1_500.gif

its double xp weekend

http://www.ultra-combo.com/double-xp-weekend-september-4th-7th/

Since Killer Instinct’s birthday was just a few short days ago, we thought we’d celebrate with some Double XP! This weekend…this holiday weekend, pull up a chair and get settled in to play some Killer Instinct for as long as possible. You’ll be rewarded with Double XP across all modes!

Got characters that need to be maxed out? This is your time to hit that level 50.

-Double XP starts at 12:00am on September 4th
-Double XP ends at 11:59pm on September 7th

Not to mention, Rash is only available until September 8th, so you’ve got 2 times the incentive to spend your weekend with KI. Ok, enough puns. Get online starting Friday morning and FIGHT ON!

bumpkin

I'd love to get me some of that double XP, but I need to figure out why my CronusMax decided to stop working. I thought at first it was my stick -- I did a mod a week or two ago -- but it works perfectly fine on my 360. And I did confirm it wasn't a blown USB port; other things I plug in work fine. Anyone seen or heard anything about such an issue?

EDIT: Found info on a fix. Basically had to remove the battery from my controller, turn the system on manually, plug in the CronusMax, plug in the controller with the USB cable, and then plug in my stick after it authenticates. Apparently the issue is/was something with the battery pack in the XB1 controller. Weird shit.

Got me some of that double XP afterwards, gained a bunch of levels on my Jago and also created my first Shadow. :D

tapedeck

Is it bad that I think we really need a TRIPLE XP weekend instead of double..even with double shit still takes way too long lol.

.la1n

Is it bad that I think we really need a TRIPLE XP weekend instead of double..even with double shit still takes way too long lol.

It's a little sad the amount of time I have played KI including double XP events and still have only three characters at level 50.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Is the Natural Born Killer achievement glitched?

I got promoted to Killer but no achievement has popped. Fucking hell.

edit. Popped after doing a hard reset and starting the multiplayer menu it seems. Weird.

It's a little sad the amount of time I have played KI including double XP events and still have only three characters at level 50.

Being a day one Destiny player, I can tell you that the grind in Killer Instinct to get characters to 50 is by far worse than any grinding I ever had to do in Destiny. It's INSANE that all of the season one characters started at level one, forcing you to basically redo all the progression you had if you wanted to unlock new colors. You should get 3000-4000xp for a regular match IMO.

tapedeck

Nothing sad about that, the grind required to unlock stuff in this game is fucking ridiculous. I've had the game since March of last year and just now got 3 characters to 50 lol.

Side note, Glacius color 9 looks absolutely amazing in game.

Edit:
Being a day one Destiny player, I can tell you that the grind in Killer Instinct to get characters to 50 is by far worse than any grinding I ever had to do in Destiny. It's INSANE that all of the season one characters started at level one, forcing you to basically redo all the progression you had if you wanted to unlock new colors. You should get 3000-4000xp for a regular match IMO.
This too. I actually totally forgot they reset the S1 char levels.

Why.jpg

.la1n

Hopefully something they can look into adjusting again when Season 3 launches. I am not saying we should have everyone to level 50 in a month, that wouldn't feel very satisfying at all. Expecting us to spend years to get characters to 50 is just on a whole other level.

I also think there should be a way to get more of an XP spread, if I am playing ranked (which I usually do most of the time) I am not always using every character. I am obviously going to more times than not use the characters already at level 50 because my rank is on the line. I shouldn't have to go into something grindy like cpu matches and survival to grind out other character levels, it isn't fun at all. At least create a way to make it fun to reach the higher levels, nobody wants to grind in a fighting game.

With color 9 and some accessories locked behind levels instead of KI Gold it's obvious they weren't just trying to pinch cash out of people. There hearts were definitely in the right place, just needs some adjustment.

I have over 14,000 matches of Killer Instinct played across offline, ranked, and exhibition.

I have 3 characters at level 50.

Yea...

Doukou

Instead of lowering it, I think adding a Star labs, kombat tower thing in the game that rewarded a lot of experience would be better

.la1n

Even at double XP it would still take forever to level. There needs to be a consistent way to gain more XP across the board by completing challenges, not hoping for a double XP event every four months or more.

I worry about Capcom's implementation coming up in SF V. You know requirements for a full character will be insane.

Top Bottom