• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Doukou

I hope he replies to this. Lol
In his defense, the game was one sided. 4v5, everyone felt me on my team were kinda new while their team was knowledgable. And he picked a hard character.

I'll make his excuses for him.
How is that game? Looks interesting.

I enjoy it, TF2 mix with Smite. Not to mention the level up system is great as it actually encourages different playstyle.
Unfortunately there is a NDA so I can't really go indepth but right now I think it's great. There are some balance issues but it is a beta.

Top 32 tournment now on twitch.tv/killerinstinct

Doukou

New shirt available on Eighty Six
www.ultra-combo.com/reactor-shirt-available-from-eighty-sixed/

Reactor.png

Man wish I bought this one instead of Evo one.

Skab

I wonder when we'll get the next character reveal for season 3.

Gamescom feels like such a long time ago now. (Even though it really wasn't.)

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I'm gonna throw a wild guess out that we'll get a Shago Beta test around Halloween.

Doukou

New info is good, I imagine next week will be a shadow update and twitter teases.

In other news, I finally got all the characters to level 50. God that took forever.

.la1n

New patch notes:

http://forums.ultra-combo.com/t/patch-notes-2-10/1781

Coming tomorrow afternoon.

Looks like disappearing body parts are fixed for anyone experiencing that as well as better matchmaking in Killer tier that I know a lot of people complained about. I am not even Killer tier so no concern for me I suppose, lol. General match making has seemed pretty slow for me lately but that could very well be a player population or xbox live issue. I'd imagine the next update will add Cinder and Aria to shadow lab and maybe (hopefully?) Shadow Jago as a playable character. Stoked that I can finally use Hisako shadow since I main her more than TJ Combo lately.

.la1n

I wasn't for it at first but I think allowing players to drop below certain ranks might help keep things more equal per each tier. I also think that it would make killer for interesting if the reset meant fighting through gold again before entering killer. Would help reduce a lot of players in the killer rank that really shouldn't be there.

Like right now I get matched up with a lot of opponents I can absolutely murder which doesn't feel fair. At the same time every other match I'm fighting a top ranked killer tier player and losing points.

dankir

New patch notes:

http://forums.ultra-combo.com/t/patch-notes-2-10/1781

Coming tomorrow afternoon.

Looks like disappearing body parts are fixed for anyone experiencing that as well as better matchmaking in Killer tier that I know a lot of people complained about. I am not even Killer tier so no concern for me I suppose, lol. General match making has seemed pretty slow for me lately but that could very well be a player population or xbox live issue. I'd imagine the next update will add Cinder and Aria to shadow lab and maybe (hopefully?) Shadow Jago as a playable character. Stoked that I can finally use Hisako shadow since I main her more than TJ Combo lately.

Okay but what about the Rivaled glitch?

:(

.la1n

Okay but what about the Rivaled glitch?

:(

It's possible it's fixed, there are usually a few things here and there fixed that aren't in the official notes. They always say it would take too longer to list out every single bug so they try to hit the major ones in the notes.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Game updated and Jagos color 9 knee guards are still gold instead of silver...I am dissapoint.

iBlue

Just an Xbox one and of course got this game. I am still new to this combo system but I really have a good time playing the game.

My GT is Deap92x

.la1n

Just an Xbox one and of course got this game. I am still new to this combo system but I really have a good time playing the game.

My GT is Deap92x

Welcome! I'll add you so we can play some matches some time. Don't worry despite many hours under my belt I'm not particularly great at the game :)

jbug617

Banned
Info on Shadow Jago
http://www.ultra-combo.com/taking-a-look-at-shadow-jago/

Because his dash is such a big commitment compared to Jago’s, and he cannot perform up-close pressure quite as safely, we’ve increased his walk speed over Jago’s by 15%.

-Slide is unsafe on block, but the Surge version which teleports behind now causes a launcher and is safe, but still negative, on block.

-You can cancel into the B+HK Overhead Kick from any normal attack!

-Shadow Jago’s slowest Endokuken is the same speed as Jago’s fastest Endokuken, and his Medium and Heavy versions are even faster. He can also throw another Endokuken while the 1st is still on the screen, making his zoning very different from Jago’s.

-Shadow Endokuken throws 5 projectiles quickly instead of one larger projectile.

-The Surged version of the Uppercut Special doesn’t deal huge extra damage, but it does set up a juggle!

-The Shadow version of the Divekick special can recapture!

-Standing LK has changed to a knee attack that also works as a fake out for his F+HK Pushkick command normal.

-Crouching HP has changed to stab the sword out farther to cover a different space than his vertical uppercut. We know you wanted more sword.

-Shadow Jago’s throw automatically transitions into the Laser Sword animation, giving him a launcher and juggle opportunity. More sword still.

Shadow Jago Instinct

Shadow Jago Instinct: Shadow Symbiosis

-During Instinct, Shadow Jago gets the same +2 on his frame data that Jago gets.

-During Instinct, if Shadow Jago hits his opponent with an Endokuken or Dashes through them, he attaches the Dark Tether!

-When the Dark Tetheris attached, all of Shadow Jago’s Shadow and Surge moves cost him half the usual amount… and he drains the remaining half from his opponent’s meter!

-If Shadow Jago presses HP+HK while the tether is attached, he will strike a quick pose and build 1 full meter for himself instantly… but his opponent gains 1 full meter instantly as well!

-Used in conjunction with his incredible Surge special moves, this Instinct can be extremely deadly.

-If you hit Shadow Jago, the tether will break and he will have to reattach it with another Dash through or Endokuken.

Wow that Instinct.......I'd hate to be the opponent lol. They need to do another Tender Moments stream and show him.....that or a trailer with a Kim Wu tease at the end. :D

Top Bottom