• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

The Flash

Banned
New swag

CVvqAQeVEAAm7FT.png

http://www.eightysixed.com/collections/killer-instinct/products/killer-instinct-arctic-blast

I'm guessing most characters will get their own shirt at some point.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
After watching enough videos and high level play of shago... i think shadow jago should either have his instinct grab removed or the chained effects as a constant. Maybe even both.

The amount of times i have seen people use his chaining through countless hours of watching matches? Zero.

The risk:value proposition is so one sided.
Totally disagree, that move is his strength...God forbid a character has a powerful and intimidating tool to play with without it getting nerfed to oblivion. Without that instinct grab he plummets to garbage tier cause he does shit damage.

New swag

CVvqAQeVEAAm7FT.png

http://www.eightysixed.com/collections/killer-instinct/products/killer-instinct-arctic-blast

I'm guessing most characters will get their own shirt at some point.
This shirt is sick as fuck, I'm throwing money at my screen.

I'm really hyped for KI Cup I wish it was Top 32 and not 16

Top 16 is looking really good

UA | Bass
Steam Co. CD Jr
UA | MyGod 88
UA | Paul B
MOR Rico Suave
F3|HollywoodSleep
LCD
Steeeeeve
Kappy
Osomatsu
RM Gnarly Feats
GutterMagic
CR Cupcake
Domi
OGTY
RM ShinTristan
Oh hellz yeah! Domi's Cinder was fun as heck to watch at Evo this year and him Vs Bass's Spinal was one of my favorite matches there! I heard he's even more dangerous since he actually breaks combos now lol. And did Sleep change his name? Weird but eh, can't wait to see his crazy Kan-Ra again if that's him.

Shadow Jago figure is available for preorder. $35. Includes code for Color 10. Card gets charged immediately.

http://ultimatesourcekillerinstinct.com/?aff=4
Pre-Ordered! Good price but damn did that shipping hurt though. Extra color is a nice bonus but FINALLY! I've been waiting for KI figures since the 90s so I'm glad they're coming out soon! Can't wait for my main Fulgore to come out.....though I have a feeling I might get them all anyway lol! Would love to see Riptor in her old and new versions.

vg260

This is very disappointing for people who have had been trying to get all unlocks. Granted it's not like I lost anything but now I feel like I can't get everything.

Color 10 btw looks unique I guess.
https://twitter.com/KillerInstinct/status/674670622518042625

Dang. I actually like that color scheme the best of his options.

Exclusive stuff you have to spend close to $50 to get is ridiculous. It was bad enough they tied Jago to the Xbox Live code, but some of us don't want a $50 figure.

For every cool thing they do with this game, there's something equally obnoxious. Maybe the colors will be available later on after the figure sells out as some sort of community fund thing.

T.O.P

Banned
Pre-ordered.

Those shipping costs tho...

I'm scared for taxes + shipping to Italy lol

gonna check :|

UA | Bass
Steam Co. CD Jr
UA | MyGod 88
UA | Paul B
MOR Rico Suave
F3|HollywoodSleep
LCD
Steeeeeve
Kappy
Osomatsu
RM Gnarly Feats
GutterMagic
CR Cupcake
Domi
OGTY
RM ShinTristan

Rooting for PaulB and Domi, would be an amazing GF to watch

Wait.. All the figures come with an exclusive colour? God damn it I'm gonna end up buying Sabrewulf even though the figure looks kinda bad.

I've never bought gaming shit like this. Make the colours available to buy and give the proceeds to the KI fund.

IG plz

sabrewulf-1.jpg

.la1n

Wulf and Spinal are the weakest looking figures but I'll wait for the final models. A lot of detail was added to shadow Jago right up to final.

Keits

Developer

It changed from top 16 a while back. Its now 32 players.

24 points qualifiers
4 international qualifiers
4 on-site last chance qualifiers

And yes, its going to be amazing. Lots of reasons to be there and/or watch other than just the tournament.

Sydle

24 points qualifiers

And yes, its going to be amazing. Lots of reasons to be there and/or watch other than just the tournament.

0_0

May make that hour long drive down to San Antonio after all.

The Flash

Banned

24 points qualifiers

Kim Wu reveal

rrc1594

]It changed from top 16 a while back. Its now 32 players.[/B]

24 points qualifiers

Didn't know that hype has gone 10 fold

Keits

Developer
Anyone can enter any or all of the on-site last chance qualifiers to try to get into the top 32 invitational for $30,000.

No points or previous qualifications of any kind are needed. Just the will to win.

.la1n

Anyone can enter any or all of the on-site last chance qualifiers to try to get into the top 32 invitational for $30,000.

No points or previous qualifications of any kind are needed. Just the will to win.

I'm going to be there, win or lose I am still looking forward to the tournament.

Sydle

Watching the archive of NEC today and I had no idea Sleep was using ARIA. Was fun to watch ARIA vs Fulgore.

And Pink Diamond's Maya is so much fun to watch. Can't wait to see her pick up Kim Wu.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
http://forums.ultra-combo.com/t/fulgore-mark-03-field-manual-l/3331

What of other news? Don't let my love letter to an upcoming vacation make you think that we aren't still working hard through the Holiday break. There's still a lot going on, and we're not going dark by any means. With that said, I wouldn't expect any new trailers to drop in the next few weeks, either. 2.13 is still rolling along, and we're looking forward to sharing more with you soon. Season 3 is definitely a big mark on the calendar as well, and January is going to be an exciting time for us all. Trust me, there's a lot to cover, and we're ready to get the ball rolling.

:OOOOO

also fulgore stuffs here: http://www.ultra-combo.com/fulgore-mark-03-field-manual-l

.la1n

The little tid bits spread in the Fulgore story are interesting. I see hints of a reflector like KI 1 and targeting like KI 2. Will be interesting to see how all the Season 1 & 2 cast shake out come Season 3 launch.

What does the tier list for this game look like?

The game is such that tiers don't really make too much of a difference, but general consensus is that the characters on the higher end of the spectrum are Fulgore, Spinal, Kan-Ra, Jago and Maya. On the lower end is Glacius and Aganos, and everyone else is in the middle. Like I said, though: tiers in this game don't really make that much of a difference, and there aren't really a lot of bad matchups.

Every character has dirty tech in this game.

Top Bottom