• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Yeah, I think I'm going on the second day of the event. I'm pretty damn excited, holy shit.

It's too bad that I still play like shit since I don't own the game. ;___; I really hope Kim Wu is playable! Aaaah!

Sydle

If you want to watch the Top 32, its all Sunday.

Special events and last chance qualifiers are all Saturday. Its your call. Tons of fun to be had either way.

Is everything going to be streamed via Twitch, or is something going to be special for in-person attendees' eyes only?

Edit: Showcasing an all-new S3 character available to demo :-o

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
They put some small but noticeable lightning flashes in the KI logo at the end of the updated World Cup trailer...correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure those weren't there before.

I'm hoping this is an early sign that the S3 aesthetic will have some of the KI1 throwback elements people have been asking for.

http://youtu.be/rr5i_9u7mSI

If you want to watch the Top 32, its all Sunday.

Special events and last chance qualifiers are all Saturday. Its your call. Tons of fun to be had either way.

Mmm, I'll probably go on Saturday. Then with Top 32 I'll catch it on stream. Should be an exciting moment in my life.

Also just saw Keits' tweet that there's a "strong hint" at the end of the KI Cup trailer.

https://twitter.com/TheKeits/status/685642647864672260

They put some small but noticeable lightning flashes in the KI logo at the end of the updated World Cup trailer...correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure those weren't there before.

Eyedol confirmed.

Well, I really hope it's Kim. I've been looking forward to her for so long now.

Either way, I'm super excited to see all the new season 3 stuff. I assume it'll have the new UI and what not so even just seeing that will be pretty cool.

Sponge

Banned
Yep, I love that concept art. Plus, a snail character could bring interesting mechanics to the game.

I'd imagine Mollusca would be kind of slow but maybe you could curl up in your shell for a boost of speed or some kind of cool mechanic.

Dr. Buni

I'd imagine Mollusca would be kind of slow but maybe you could curl up in your shell for a boost of speed or some kind of cool mechanic.
Yeah. Perhaps on top of having the speed boosting shell, Mollusca could slow down foes with slime.

Doukou

Stop you guys are hyping me up for a snail monster.

I think the new playable character will be the 2nd guest character since its seems like that character has been worked on the earliest.

The guest would make the most marketing sense.

Get people talking about Season 3. An all new or old KI character wont get the masses attention like another guest would.

Either way I'm hyped for the preview!

VariantX

How would a vampire in KI look like? There are so many variations of said creature. I would love if the vampire looked like Dracula from Order of Ecclesiahttp://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...Dracula.JPG/revision/latest?cb=20090415044211.

That design is probably not weird enough for KI, tho

Yep, I love that concept art. Plus, a snail character could bring interesting mechanics to the game.

I think it would be cool if the vampire character did have an attractive base form, and simply had a transformation in instinct mode that makes him/her more ghoulish in appearance. Hisako sort of already does this in a way.

Dr. Buni

I think it would be cool if the vampire character did have an attractive base form, and simply had a transformation in instinct mode that makes him/her more ghoulish in appearance. Hisako sort of already does this in a way.
That's an idea. The character I posted above do have a grotesque form he takes under certain conditions.

How would a vampire in KI look like? There are so many variations of said creature.

1278263989_k-kain_loves_you_by_wulfsbane.jpg

vg260

I really hope they rework kan ra. He's so frustrating to play against and fights are always so boring.

That's kinda what the archetype of keep/away zoner is supposed to be, so I'm nervous about them changing him too much, really. That's why a lot of people hate Dhalsim, but that's what he does. People always complain about these type of character, but it's a style that needs to be in there because it makes the fight feel different than others.

I'm not sure what else they can do without stripping him completely of his style or archetype or making him terrible. That type of character is going to frustrate people until you learn the matchup. I think he's fine.

He's my favorite because of the character design, so ultimately as long as they don't change that, I can live with tweaks, just not nerfing him to the ground. It's a very fine line with this kind of character.

What specifically do you think his issues are?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I don't know if they'd start the season with 2 guest out of the way... seems like blowing that kind of hype would be expended too soon. Rash is enough guest for now. Kim and / or An original IG creation would probably be best, set the stage on the expectations for the upcoming season.

Even though KI's current cast isn't HUGE, many of the characters we already have cover a lot of the common fighting game moves, archetypes, and forms we generally get. There's not much that isn't references somewhere. Such as Aganos already having a Blanka-like Spin dash, as well as a large club weapon option, similar to what Eyedol has.

What does a Vampire bring gameplay wise that isn't in this game already? Jago has livesteal instinct, we've got a few meter manipulators, we've got teleports, and some kind of transformations... maybe some wild living cape normals? Bat swarm formations? Enders that help him regenerate himself, allowing him to gain back his prime abilities in different areas?

vg260

What does a Vampire bring gameplay wise that isn't in this game already? Jago has livesteal instinct, we've got a few meter manipulators, we've got teleports, and some kind of transformations... maybe some wild living cape normals? Bat swarm formations? Enders that help him regenerate himself, allowing him to gain back his prime abilities in different areas?

I don't care really, I just want a vampire for vampire's sake :p

Oh, and I had an idea of the default outfit for the Vamp be more monstrous like in appearance while the retro was your more human like Dracula. With the accessories being different styles of clothing through the ages.

I have. I even tried playing the PlayStation game but never got around finishing it.
I did not know Kain was a vampire xD

Reila pls! ;___;

Considering there's vampires with all sorts of abilities, it could go anywhere.

Would he fight with a weapon? Claws? Magik? Etc. Whatever it may be, I'm sure IG will knock it out of the park.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I don't care really, I just want a vampire for vampire's sake :p

It fits really well, of course. The Thrall, the violent tendencies, the power and lordly continence... it's the kind of thing you'd expect to make your mega horror/future tech experiment, that later could take over the entire company.

Oh, and I had an idea of the default outfit for the Vamp be more monstrous like in appearance while the retro was your more human like Dracula. With the accessories being different styles of clothing through the ages.

I'd love to see them try such things more often. Like... even re-record the voice work, like Shago had.

Considering there's vampires with all sorts of abilities, it could go anywhere.

Would he fight with a weapon? Claws? Magik? Etc. Whatever it may be, I'm sure IG will knock it out of the park.

Yeah, but I really hope he'll be a Vampire first... additional details second. Unless he's SOTN Alucard-like. Then he can be everything all at once, and will probably be the best character in the game... *ahem*

The vampire could blind the opponents by having their skin sparkle.

In ugly mode, this is a thrall / fear based attack. At maximum youth / alt costume, it's really a Twilight shine! Totally troll, yet also feasible!

We need a Weaponlord character in Season 3.

weaponlord6rd.gif

Korr for Retro Accessory set for Tusk! Talazia could be a full rival / ally for Maya, really. But I'd probably want Zarak most of all, the freaky spider head is the best.

A vampire in the style of Soul Reaver would be so damn cool.

Finally actually went online and messed around with Shadow Jago. I was having alot of fun until I got into a game with a guy who had every excuse ranging from "I let you win" to "you're cheating" that I think I honestly lost count. Made my day. Also, could anyone who is actually experienced with Shadow Jago give any tips on what to do when the surge Dark Drift bounces the opponent? Is there a way to juggle them from that or recapture or something or is it just meant as a knockdown tool? The only thing I could manage was to pull a Shadow Dark Demise off of it.

Phloxy

I'm just saying, if they have the Blade costume in there for TJ, the vampire better have a damn Frost costume to go with it.

Top Bottom