• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

While I wouldn't be into it personally, the Arbiter would be one of the few characters who'd be justified in using a mix of UNSC and Covenant weaponry - I think his only "canon," non-playable appearance using something outside of his usual gear was donning the Flamethrower at the end of Halo 3, though.

Btw, I know Karst asked something a while back here - I downloaded KI S1 when it was on Games with Gold, but I haven't played it yet because I'm waiting for all the character updates. I'm not too too familiar with fighting games outside of Smash, but if I listed off my mains / secondaries in SSB4, do you guys think you could give me some suggestions for characters I'd gel with from any of the seasons? I think I already kind of know the answer, but it'd be nice to get some input.

What would be funnier to you guys? A KI spoof of the SFV cover or the Smash 4 cover? Both maybe?

Smash imo

While I wouldn't be into it personally, the Arbiter would be one of the few characters who'd be justified in using a mix of UNSC and Covenant weaponry - I think his only "canon," non-playable appearance using something outside of his usual gear was donning the Flamethrower at the end of Halo 3, though.

Btw, I know Karst asked something a while back here - I downloaded KI S1 when it was on Games with Gold, but I haven't played it yet because I'm waiting for all the character updates. I'm not too too familiar with fighting games outside of Smash, but if I listed off my mains / secondaries in SSB4, do you guys think you could give me some suggestions for characters I'd gel with from any of the seasons? I think I already kind of know the answer, but it'd be nice to get some input.

I couldn't (unless you specify how the character plays), but I'm sure someone in the thread could give you some good suggestions.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
What would be funnier to you guys? A KI spoof of the SFV cover or the Smash 4 cover? Both maybe?

Definitely Smash. If Tusk were revealed already, I could see that "Hot Ryu and Chun" Cover working for Kim and he, but otherwise, there's not much with SFV's art that would fit with modern KI's massive character (and stage and personal theme music) focus.

They're really far apart really. What one enjoys in Smash Bros. might not even begin to feel similar in KI. I'd actually suggest listing less which characters, and more like... just how you like to treat and defeat your opponents. Do you like running around and hitting them with stuff from every direction? Getting in close and trying to do fancy combos? Lumbering slowly and killing with well-placed power blows?

This kind of info might be easier to work with, rather than "Who's the Yoshi or Metaknight of KI?"

I couldn't (unless you specify how the character plays), but I'm sure someone in the thread could give you some good suggestions.

They're really far apart really. What one enjoys in Smash Bros. might not even begin to feel similar in KI. I'd actually suggest listing less which characters, and more like... just how you like to treat and defeat your opponents. Do you like running around and hitting them with stuff from every direction? Getting in close and trying to do fancy combos? Lumbering slowly and killing with well-placed power blows?

This kind of info might be easier to work with, rather than "Who's the Yoshi or Metaknight of KI?"

I definitely prefer 1v1 scenarios in Smash so that at least is easy for me to equate to situations in KI, but generally speaking I enjoy stringing opponents along and punishing whenever possible; I have a decent sense of timing / spatial awareness when it comes to things like projectile speeds, character weights, etc. so it's easy to consistently harass characters using tools like Pac-Man or Duck Hunt's projectiles. I use a lot of different characters compared to past titles, but I would say out of everyone I use Ganondorf and Pac-Man the most, with ROB, Duck Hunt, Samus and G&W coming in as secondaries. Out of everyone I've seen I think it'd probably be easiest for me to click with Glacius.

I definitely prefer 1v1 scenarios in Smash so that at least is easy for me to equate to situations in KI, but generally speaking I enjoy stringing opponents along and punishing whenever possible; I have a decent sense of timing / spatial awareness when it comes to things like projectile speeds, character weights, etc. so it's easy to consistently harass characters using tools like Pac-Man or Duck Hunt's projectiles. I use a lot of different characters compared to past titles, but I would say out of everyone I use Ganondorf and Pac-Man the most, with ROB, Duck Hunt, Samus and G&W coming in as secondaries. Out of everyone I've seen I think it'd probably be easiest for me to click with Glacius.

I've only played a very small amount of Smash but from your description I definitely think Glacius or Kan-Ra. Possibly even Cinder.

Got both season 1 and 2 ultra editions , Do I need the original killer instinct 1 and 2 sitting on my hard drive or can I delete them?? Not sure if I'll get prompts to download everytime I boot up KI.

The Flash

Banned
Smash imo

Definitely Smash. If Tusk were revealed already, I could see that "Hot Ryu and Chun" Cover working for Kim and he, but otherwise, there's not much with SFV's art that would fit with modern KI's massive character (and stage and personal theme music) focus.

I don't see how the SFV cover art can be funny in any way, so definitely the Smash cover as the far better option.

Alright. I'm going to see if I can get a commission done as I am not capable of doing a good job of it myself. Anyone know of any good artists on GAF?

Ok, so after getting my ass handed to me over and over again for about 30 matches and only winning maybe 8 of them and each one of those wins only being by the skin of my teeth I've come to the conclusion that I have no idea how to fight Orchid at all, or at least not as Shago. Is there a better way to punish her slide as Shago than of jumping HP? I blocked it often but every time he would jab and it would seemingly always connect before mine.

I expect it to be late March but it's still kind of crazy how little we know. No date, no price, very little of the content. If it's not going to delayed they really need to get more stuff out there soon.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
We'll probably hear about the release date on March 30th, lol.
At this point I'm fully expecting a Tuesday March 29th release date if you pre-order the ultra edition..first week of April for everyone else lol.

I'm good with it though if it means we are getting a decent amount of upgrades and content from the start this time.

.la1n

Ok, so after getting my ass handed to me over and over again for about 30 matches and only winning maybe 8 of them and each one of those wins only being by the skin of my teeth I've come to the conclusion that I have no idea how to fight Orchid at all, or at least not as Shago. Is there a better way to punish her slide as Shago than of jumping HP? I blocked it often but every time he would jab and it would seemingly always connect before mine.

I don't play Shago much but you should be able to stuff slides with any well timed crouching normal.

bumpkin

Apologizes if this has been addressed elsewhere in this thread or online somewhere, but is season 3 going to launch with a full roster or are they going to be piece-mealing fighters over time again?

The Flash

Banned
Apologizes if this has been addressed elsewhere in this thread or online somewhere, but is season 3 going to launch with a full roster or are they going to be piece-mealing fighters over time again?

They said more than S2 did which was just TJ and Maya. There will be piece-mealing at some point most likely.

I could see them launching with a fourth character who is an original, that way there is a good mix of returning characters, guests, and new characters at launch. I just really hope we get some news soon on the S3 additions other than characters. I really want to see if they are going to update the Dojo to include all characters or just include things like Flip Out and other S3 mechanics.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I think S3 will launch with 4 characters as well, Kim, Rash, Arbitor and an IG original character. 4 is a nice even number, S3 is probably coming end of Match, my guess is they reveal Arbitor in the next 2 weeks and the 4th a day or two before launch.

It's so close, yet so far away! I want to see the Arbiter in action, along with the next tease for the character coming after already. D:

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Launches with at least 3, at max 5.

Characters won't be coming out every month but something like 2 every other month.

We don't know how many characters are in the season yet.

Top Bottom