• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

I've been sitting at 5% for the update for the last 30 mins. Have tried rebooting, unplugging console, pausing installation, etc. Nothing is working. This did not happen with Kan-Ra.

Any ideas?

Neil_J_UK

Quick question if anyone knows the answer - I have the option to buy KI Season 1 really cheap on disc. If I then buy S2 digitally, can I play all characters without the disc in? How would it work?

Doukou

Riptor is very fun to play, not sure how balance she is.
Her biggest weaknesses are her wake-up game where her only good wake-up(Shadow Tail-flip) can be punished and she overall is very easy to punish. Though her pressure can be tremendous.
Where are the new character icons for unreleased characters, I was looking forward to them.
Like her stage but her stage music feels lackluster.
I also didn't get my story xp for characters I already had it done with(though the challenged showed up)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Quick question if anyone knows the answer - I have the option to buy KI Season 1 really cheap on disc. If I then buy S2 digitally, can I play all characters without the disc in? How would it work?

The FAQ on Xbox.com makes it sound like you need the disc in to play

So you'd be installing the DLC on top of the retail install.

If I were to guess.... What would happen is if you got season 2 and the retail disc and tried to play without the disc, you just wouldn't have the S1 characters.... Because the license is the disc not the install

vg260

Why do I have to redownload the entire game exactly?

From this week's Q&A:
A word on the 2.2 update: It’s large. ~10GB. Why? One of the things we’re starting to address (slow character loading) required a rebuild of all the content packages, and that means a big re-download of the game. You should see a slight decrease in load times now, and this will continue to improve over the next several months’ updates.

So what does everyone think about the motion blur? I haven't had the chance to try the new patch out yet.

I've played with it both on and off and actually prefer the motion blur. The motion blur is not overpowering and subtle enough for you to see and appreciate. It makes the animations of the moves look more smooth. I will be keeping it on unless I take screenshots of the game, then I would obviously want to turn off motion blur.

I've played with it both on and off and actually prefer the motion blur. The motion blur is not overpowering and subtle enough for you to see and appreciate. It makes the animations of the moves look more smooth. I will be keeping it on unless I take screenshots of the game, then I would obviously want to turn off motion blur.

Good to read this. I'm excited to see how it looks. Should help with Maya's animations I bet.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
So what does everyone think about the motion blur? I haven't had the chance to try the new patch out yet.

I personally love it. Makes the game look immense on my 55 bravia. Makes it look like renders like the original but with so much pop or something. It looks crazy good. That or they are doing other trickery. I don't believe thus game isn't 1080p now. It looks crazy good to me. Can't believe it's 900? Lol

Doukou

Riptor's theme sounds a like Spinal's and Sabrewulf's. Sounds good to me.

It doesn't pop as much as Spinal in my opinon.
It's similar to Sabrewulf but I didn't really like his either, I feel Riptor's is too quiet.

Also apparently both the new character icons/silhouettes and Kan-Ra's accessories were a mistake and suppose to come out 2.3

Zedox

Riptor is fun but just not my type of character after playing with her for a few hours. I'll still fuck around with her. Gotta beat the game now though so I can unlock all the story ish.

It doesn't pop as much as Spinal in my opinon.
It's similar to Sabrewulf but I didn't really like his either, I feel Riptor's is too quiet.

Also apparently both the new character icons/silhouettes and Kan-Ra's accessories were a mistake and suppose to come out 2.3

The basic structure is there, though. Honestly, Gordon's stuff is starting to seem a bit repetitive and I hope he changes things up in the future. I still think his KI tracks are some of the best things I've heard in video games in quite some time.

THRILLH0

Banned
Do people playing with the XB1 controller use the dpad or the stick?

I was messing around with the game for the first time last night in the dojo and found it really difficult to pull off a tiger fury and even a fireball with any consistency on the dpad. I turned inputs on and saw that I was most often missing the diagonal input.

Switching to the analog makes these moves easier but I feel like it comes at the cost of movement precision.

Any suggestions (other than buying a stick!)?

I was messing around with the game for the first time last night in the dojo and found it really difficult to pull off a tiger fury and even a fireball with any consistency on the dpad. I turned inputs on and saw that I was most often missing the diagonal input.

Switching to the analog makes these moves easier but I feel like it comes at the cost of movement precision.

I used the analog before buying a stick. The d-pad just doesn't flow enough for me.

I use the analog stick with this game. Works very well.

Riptor is pretty cool. Unlocked the 5 basic achievements within 10 mins of playing Survival. I do like how easy it was for me to pull off combos with Riptor.

Still, Orchid is my favorite and always will be. So sexy in her holiday suit.....

dankir

Hmmm I'm finding her harder to get started with compared to Kan-Ra

has anybody figured exactly when you can cancel her down back + FP into her leaping flip?

Specifically the one that crosses up? I remember watching the KI stream and she seemed a lot faster. The cross up is pretty slow and her normals are really really really easy to break.

Back to the lab!

CEOJebailey

Neo Member

You'll still need the disc inside your console if you want access to Season 1 Characters or any content from the disc.

malfcn

I don't know if I like Riptor getting a free overhead on blocks.
Free for now, until I learn it. But it's annoyed me enough times in one match.

dankir

I don't know if I like Riptor getting a free overhead on blocks.
Free for now, until I learn it. But it's annoyed me enough times in one match.

Block high, both QK and MK from predator stance hit high right?
That's what most people seem to be doing.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Don't mind Riptor. Was pulling off some decent combos pretty quickly. She's really fucking aggresive. More so than any other character I've played with. Sabrewolf is the only one that comes close.

Riptor is out?

Holy crap, why did no one create a thread? Guess I'll download the update tomorrow, currently in the process of downloading the Horizon 2 DLC as well as Costume Quest 2.

I actually use both analog stick and dpad during a fight. I use the analog stick to perform moves and general movement and strictly use the dpad for dashing. This method works well for me.

Top Bottom