• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

clav

Still? It was in 720p before. 900p plus new motion blur looks pretty damn good for this game.

Once I get a chance to download it (i.e. 2.2) I'll see for myself.

GAF always makes these claims that if the game isn't 1080p, then it sucks graphically while secretly chanting master pc race and passive aggressively mocking others. I know some people in real life who do this, which is really aggravating.

MLCodest

Hi everyone, just wanted to ask a quick question because I'm a bit confused. I currently have the $20 version of KI season 1. I want to support the game. but don't know whether to get the ultra edition for both seasons or only season 2. What would I get if I get both seasons if I already have the $20 version of season 1?

Doukou

Hi everyone, just wanted to ask a quick question because I'm a bit confused. I currently have the $20 version of KI season 1. I want to support the game. but don't know whether to get the ultra edition for both seasons or only season 2. What would I get if I get both seasons if I already have the $20 version of season 1?

All retro costumes and accessories
Christmas accessories for TJ Combo, Sabrewulf and Orchid
Jago Ancient Tiger gear
Sabrewulf SteamPunk gear
Glacius Alien Tech gear
Chief Thunder Bear gear
Sadira Masquerade gear
Orchid Sci-fi gear
Spinal Egyptian Gear
Fulgore Gladiator gear
TJ Combo Monster hunter gear
Maya Futuristic Gear
(Kan-Ra is coming out in Jan. and Riptor in Feb.)
Killer Instinct 1 and 2

If you only got the ultra edition for season 2
Killer Instinct 2
Christmas accessories for TJ Combo
Retro gear for season 2 characters
Maya Futuristic Gear
and one premium accessory for each new character released in season 2

Chucker

I'm thinking, since it's on sale and there isn't an upgrade to ultra normally(?) I'd say the complete bundle for $53 on sale since ultra 2 is $40 and an upgrade would be $20(technically).
Edit: I should read more thoroughly. At least somebody covered it for you.

Skab

GAF always makes these claims that if the game isn't 1080p, then it sucks graphically while secretly chanting master pc race and passive aggressively mocking others. I know some people in real life who do this, which is really aggravating.

KI looked great even during season 1 when it was still 720p. It always looked way better in person than any screen or video.

Gaf is just full of graphic snobs.

MLCodest

All retro costumes and accessories
Christmas accessories for TJ Combo, Sabrewulf and Orchid
Jago Ancient Tiger gear
Sabrewulf SteamPunk gear
Glacius Alien Tech gear
Chief Thunder Bear gear
Sadira Masquerade gear
Orchid Sci-fi gear
Spinal Egyptian Gear
Fulgore Gladiator gear
Maya Futuristic Gear
Killer Instinct 1 and 2

If you only got the ultra edition for season 2
Killer Instinct 2
Christmas accessories for TJ Combo
Retro gear for season 2 characters
Maya Futuristic Gear
and one premium accessory for each new character released in season 2

Thanks so much for all the info! I'll probably pick up the $53 pack on sale this week.

KI looked great even during season 1 when it was still 720p. It always looked way better in person than any screen or video.

I have to disagree. It looked OK, but 720p and black crush really hurt the look of the game. The res bump + gamma fix + motion blur changes are incredible.

Delt31

The game looks great. If it was in 1080p on ps4 than I would say it looks like crap here (considering the diff 900 vs 1080p - believe me it matters) but that's not the case here. Only 900p so nothing to compare it to and it looks great b/c of it. I am still disappointed we can't get 1080p in a fighting game but there is so much going on, I can forgive it as I said, it does look good.

.la1n

Who knows maybe it will be 1080p eventually. IG is great at optimizing engines.

Unless the assets scale to higher resolutions it might not make much of a difference though.

Dragoshi1

So, wait...

How do we get Riptor now?

Wait until Feb? Or will buying a combo pack give Riptor early?

Confused, I've been waiting for Riptor to get released since day one, but I have no idea how to go about getting Riptor.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So, wait...

Confused, I've been waiting for Riptor to get released since day one, but I have no idea how to go about getting Riptor.

Ultra pack is only way at the moment

Combo pack is in 5 days... As a single character possibly same day or shortly after

As a free character, who knows lol kan-ra hasn't got a rotation yet

So, wait...

You have to purchase the Season 2 Ultra Edition for this game. Ultra Edition is the only way to access Riptor early.

If not, then you need to wait until next Tuesday, the 23rd.

Doukou

So, wait...

Riptor's preimum accessories come out in Feb
Ultra edition gets her on the 17th while combo break edition gets her on the 23rd

vg260

Game itself always looked great, but was hampered by a low resolution. Even the bump to 900p makes it looks significantly better. 1080p would be ideal, but 900p is ok. 720p for any game on new hardware is subpar regardless of game. It made the game look much worse than it could have, and even those who were scoffed at the resolution upgrade requests would likely agree it looks much better than before.

Now if it came to keeping motion blur or being able to bump it to 1080p, I'd take the res bump. The blur effect probably isn't that taxing though.

The option to toggle off blur did make it into the patch as promised, right?

Question for anyone that bought Killer Instinc from MS with Paypal.

So i bought the complete edition on December 15, yet it still shows pending on my paypal thing.

I ask because I usualy buy stuff on PSN here is an example : I bought something on Dec 14 and the transaction was completed on Dec 15 and the money debited from my bank account.

MS on the other hand is still showing as pending... so my question is. Does it usualy take this long for MS to action their stuff via paypal? I'm almost thinking they probably don't want my money haha.

Kinda odd tho that it's Dec 18 and it still is pending.
On my MS account it dosnt show prices, as if it thinks it sold the game to me wich i think is normal.

Is it because i have no Xbox one associated to the account yet? Reason for this is I DO have a Xbox one, it's under the xmas tree lol, can't open until then it's for the kids. Could that be the reason? Wich i don't think it should since if i decide to buy a game with the account regardless of wether i have the xbox or not yet it shouldnt matter no?

Many questions, sorry for asking here, i did so since its regarding the KI game that i bought.

Have they fixed the glitch where you can't upgrade your purchase by paying the difference between the $20 and $40 packs? Last time I checked it still tried to charge me $40 again...

Doukou

Riptor's Premium accessory
index.php

Looks pretty cool.
Both TJ Combo's and Maya's transitioned well from 3D concept.

Sydle

Riptor's Premium accessory
index.php

Looks pretty cool.
Both TJ Combo's and Maya's transitioned well from 3D concept.

I like it.

I finally got to play around with her this morning and she felt good. Still going to main Orchid, but Riptor will be a fun alternative.

ryan13ts

So do you get Riptor early if you buy the Complete Collection? It's on sale on the store for $53.59, and I was planning to get the Ultimate Pack anyways , so this seems like the better deal. I only want to get it though if it gives you early access like the Ultimate Pack.

Doukou

So do you get Riptor early if you buy the Complete Collection? It's on sale on the store for $53.59, and I was planning to get the Ultimate Pack anyways , so this seems like the better deal. I only want to get it though if it goves you early access like the Ultimate Pack.
Yeah you get her on the 17th as oppose to the 23rd

So do you get Riptor early if you buy the Complete Collection? It's on sale on the store for $53.59, and I was planning to get the Ultimate Pack anyways , so this seems like the better deal. I only want to get it though if it goves you early access like the Ultimate Pack.

If you buy the Ultra Edition you can play with Riptor right now.

She's available to Combo Breaker owners starting on the 23rd.

ryan13ts

I'm a little confused, so you do get early acess to characters with the Complete Collection? Or is it strictly the Ultimate Edition? Just want to be sure before I plop down $50+ bucks

I'm a little confused, so you do get early acess to characters with the Complete Collection? Or is it strictly the Ultimate Edition? Just want to be sure before I plop down $50+ bucks

Complete Collection includes Ultra Editions for both Seasons 1 and 2.

So if you buy the Complete Collection you'll get all the content and be able to play Riptor right now.

El Sabroso

see it as a digital deluxe deal from other games, basically is all DLC in one package, Ultra packs can be considered as season passes and the complete edition is just Ultra Pack 1 + Ultra Pack 2 on a single purchase

Sorry to ask this here, it might be buried in the thread somewhere but I can't find any reference to what Riptor's instinct actually does. Do we know that?

dankir

Sorry to ask this here, it might be buried in the thread somewhere but I can't find any reference to what Riptor's instinct actually does. Do we know that?

His heavy attacks become stronger basically. Firebreath has a bigger hitbox and does more chip.

His tail extends even further.

Top Bottom