• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Also apparently both the new character icons/silhouettes and Kan-Ra's accessories were a mistake and suppose to come out 2.3

Can anybody get images of his last accessory set?

Do people playing with the XB1 controller use the dpad or the stick?

I use the analog stick when playing KI.

Still, Orchid is my favorite and always will be. So sexy in her holiday suit.....

image.php

Blu10

I was messing around with the game for the first time last night in the dojo and found it really difficult to pull off a tiger fury and even a fireball with any consistency on the dpad. I turned inputs on and saw that I was most often missing the diagonal input.

Switching to the analog makes these moves easier but I feel like it comes at the cost of movement precision.

Any suggestions (other than buying a stick!)?

I use both. I use the stick for back-forward characters and the dpad for everyone else.

Jarlaxle

I use the D-pad exclusively. I think it's very good. So much better than the 360 dpad. Playing SFIV with that piece of shit was tough.

Can't wait to try some Riptor later tonight when the kids go to bed.

.la1n

Does anyone know how to tell if you received the XP if you had already previously completed the story mode endings for the characters? It looks like a hefty amount of XP but none of my characters leveled up at all. Unless it's only XP towards your primary rank?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hoo boy I am terrible at this.

Still, Riptor is a lot of fun and finally a season 2 character I can see myself really playing. The others have been interesting, and I'm glad they're here, but waaaaay too complex for me to wrap my head around. The motion blur looks fantastic too.

Also, are the Christmas things going to go away? It seems like it since you can't really "purchase" or set them as a costume but that'd be a shame. I really like the red and green orchid.

Also, are the Christmas things going to go away? It seems like it since you can't really "purchase" or set them as a costume but that'd be a shame. I really like the red and green orchid.

From the 12/12/14 textual stream:

ORCHID HOLIDAY COLOR! - Everyone that owns Orchid (or when she’s in free rotation) gets this new color for free!

ORCHID Candy Cane Batons! - Everyone that owns Season 1 Ultra edition, you get these for free!

TJ COMBO SANTA HEAD! - If you own Season 2 Ultra Edition, you get this for free!

SABREWULF REINDEER HEAD! - If you own Season 1 Ultra Edition, you get this for free!

Don’t own one or both of the ultra editions? The accessories are all available for individual purchase.

NOTE that to get these, you must load the game before 06:00:00 UTC on 01/01/2015 once the 2.2 title update is applied. If you don’t you will not unlock these rewards!

ALSO NOTE that these accessories will not be available for sale after the date above.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Not gonna have much time to play tonight just messed around some. Riptor is really fun to use, her graphics and animation are incredible. Interestingly she's the first character that feels like the old school KI 'hold back, forward, button', rinse repeat for combos, I love it. If this is how KI3 will look and feel from this point forward I couldn't be happier. Can't wait to see herald of Gragos dude.

CoCo_CoCo

Banned
Riptor theme feels out of place, like it's a bunch of movie scenes stringed together, I don't get that KI feel from it.

Least favorite theme

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Not a huge fan of Riptor's stage either. Maya's theme + stage is my favorite from S2 so far.

From the 12/12/14 textual stream:

ORCHID HOLIDAY COLOR! - Everyone that owns Orchid (or when she’s in free rotation) gets this new color for free!

ORCHID Candy Cane Batons! - Everyone that owns Season 1 Ultra edition, you get these for free!

TJ COMBO SANTA HEAD! - If you own Season 2 Ultra Edition, you get this for free!

SABREWULF REINDEER HEAD! - If you own Season 1 Ultra Edition, you get this for free!

Don’t own one or both of the ultra editions? The accessories are all available for individual purchase.

NOTE that to get these, you must load the game before 06:00:00 UTC on 01/01/2015 once the 2.2 title update is applied. If you don’t you will not unlock these rewards!

ALSO NOTE that these accessories will not be available for sale after the date above.

Oh, cool. Thanks!

I'm really, really loving Riptor. She's definitely my favorite season 2 character so far.

Really curious to see where she'll end up after people start to figure out her tricks but right now I'm just having a blast and she'll likely be my new main. Kudos to the IG guys, they did a phenomenal job.

Shame about her theme though. A rare miss for Mick in my opinion. Though I read something on the KI forums about it being made in two days or something like that. Guessing the release earlier in the month probably impacted it a bit.

.la1n

I highly highly doubt the theme was made in two days unless it was straight from Mick's mouth. That sounds impossibly stupid.

dankir

I highly highly doubt the theme was made in two days unless it was straight from Mick's mouth. That sounds impossibly stupid.

I read he did say that and will work on something better. It's a Mish mash for sure TJ is my favorite right now.

Doukou pOST those pics of the next character silhouettes you mentioned.

Looked through his Twitter, seems like it actually was made in two days.

https://twitter.com/Mick_Gordon/status/545309680889630721

Also judging by the comments there he doesn't seem too happy about it either although he did say he wanted to go back and work on it more if given the chance. I feel kinda bad for him, seems like he wasn't given the proper amount of time to really put something together.

Doukou

I read he did say that and will work on something better. It's a Mish mash for sure TJ is my favorite right now.

Doukou pOST those pics of the next character silhouettes you mentioned.
I said they got delayed and are coming in 2.3 Harold update.
One thing I do like about Riptor's stage is how the explosions come on the ultra.

Question about the Ultra Editions: both season 1 and season 2 UEs mention the inclusion of "16 accessory sets" for both. Are these items that are in addition to the ones that show up in the in-game store for non-UE owners? Because all of those appear to be unlocked either via leveling up or KI Gold. Just wondering if the accessory stuff is a holdover from the pre-microtransaction era. (I'm pretty new to the game.)

Doukou

Question about the Ultra Editions: both season 1 and season 2 UEs mention the inclusion of "16 accessory sets" for both. Are these items that are in addition to the ones that show up in the in-game store for non-UE owners? Because all of those appear to be unlocked either via leveling up or KI Gold. Just wondering if the accessory stuff is a holdover from the pre-microtransaction era. (I'm pretty new to the game.)

The ones that you get from KI gold only(No way to get it from leveling up) are the ones that you get.
I'll list them all out for you.
All retro costumes and accessories
Christmas accessories for TJ Combo, Sabrewulf and Orchid
Jago Ancient Tiger gear
Sabrewulf SteamPunk gear
Glacius Alien Tech gear
Chief Thunder Bear gear
Sadira Masquerade gear
Orchid Sci-fi gear
Spinal Egyptian Gear
Fulgore Gladiator gear
TJ Combo Monster hunter gear
Maya Futuristic Gear
(Kan-Ra is coming out in Jan. and Riptor in Feb.)

Edit: KI gold is currency that uses real money.

The ones that you get from KI gold only(No way to get it from leveling up) are the ones that you get.
I'll list them all out for you.
All retro costumes and accessories
Christmas accessories for TJ Combo, Sabrewulf and Orchid
Jago Ancient Tiger gear
Sabrewulf SteamPunk gear
Glacius Alien Tech gear
Chief Thunder Bear gear
Sadira Masquerade gear
Orchid Sci-fi gear
Spinal Egyptian Gear
Fulgore Gladiator gear
TJ Combo Monster hunter gear
Maya Futuristic Gear
(Kan-Ra is coming out in Jan. and Riptor in Feb.)

Thank you very much!

Delt31

Feel bad for mick having to create music in two days. Wtf

Btw I can't see a difference with motion blur. Am I just kidding it BC I usually am nit picky

Doukou

Seemed kinda strange he requested a Greek? vocalist and then we got dinosaur terror music without any vocals.

Something went down.

Greek is for golem.

I'm guessing Robin Beanland was suppose to do more of the theme besides Idle but something came up and Mick had to do it.

If you already beat 3 endings for a character, are you supposed to get the bonus exp right away? I already had Jago and Orchid's endings, but I'm not sure that I got the 25000 exp for each.

Edit: reading the KI forums, it appears the exp is only for your player level.

Marvel

could never
So last night I did one of the most awesome comebacks of my short time with KI. First match up against Riptor and I'm pretty new to Orchid as she's free.

http://xboxclips.com/LOTRs/88bab6d2-69cc-41f8-9620-82d23da0e107

Big smile on my face after. I must say Riptor is my most loved opponent to face, her animations are just incredible. I must buy her asap.

Dpad.

I cannot use the stick at all.

DrDogg

After playing around with Riptor yesterday, I really like the character... but she doesn't feel like Riptor to me. To be fair, I feel the same way about Wulf and Combo, but this new raptor version of Riptor is so far off from the original design it really makes her feel like a new character. Hoping that the classic is good when that comes out.

I haven't put in a ton of time with Riptor, but she seems to have relatively safe 50/50s from Predator and then an unsafe cross-up 50/50 from basically any blocked normal.

Do we have frame data on the Charge into Predator on block? Game says Riptor is +11 on block, but I don't think that includes the transition into Predator and it's difficult to test with the training mode limitations.

What will SEason 3 Ultra pack include? Remake of Season 1??

lol

Battletoads arcade remake... ;)

Can you even hit low from predator stance?

I only played with her for a little bit so I'm not sure. Don't recall being able to though.

MP from Predator is low, relatively safe, and starts a combo.

Top Bottom