• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

NTPMxhH.jpg

Thanks Doukou! That looks awesome!

BurningNad

Man, I just watched the Riptor reveal trailer, and the line at the very end of the video made my nipples hard when I heard the last word (avoiding spoilers here). Can't wait to see what's next!

And I don't even have an XBOX One!

Man, I just watched the Riptor reveal trailer, and the line at the very end of the video made my nipples hard when I heard the last word (avoiding spoilers here). Can't wait to see what's next!

And I don't even have an XBOX One!

image.php

I don't think you need to worry about "spoilers." XP

But yeah, I've been on the boat of having no XB1, still am. I follow this game religiously. I just absolutely love Killer Instinct, and seriously cannot wait to own an XB1 one day to finally experience KI truly.

Any talk of there being a "fightpad" option for Xbox One? Loving the game but find the shoulder buttons cumbersome in a heated fight.

Thought maybe the MKX fightpad would fit the bill but then found it has an analog stick and with SFV going to PS4 seems unlikely Capcom will make an offering. I know I should man up and learn stick but 20 years of pad gaming is hard to unlearn.

Marvel

could never
Can someone explain the free rotation for me? Orchid was free and then Jago was free for me a few hours yesterday and then Orchid became free again, lol.

Little confused.

I assumed each fighter was for a week unless it was just a server fuck up.

Doukou

Can someone explain the free rotation for me? Orchid was free and then Jago was free for me a few hours yesterday and then Orchid became free again, lol.

Little confused.

Yeah that is what is suppose to happen.
Orchid was suppose to be free all week, Jago must of been a glitch.

Hana-Bi

Will the ultra pack 2 be on sale in the near future? I have the ultra pack 1 and 40$ seems kinda high when ultra pack 1+2 are only 53$...

Will the ultra pack 2 be on sale in the near future? I have the ultra pack 1 and 40$ seems kinda high when ultra pack 1+2 are only 53$...

I would guess it won't be on sale until after the season is finished.

First time the Ultra Edition went on sale for season 1 was in May I believe. I suspect it will be a similar time frame for season 2 as well.

I'm really glad I waited on getting the second season. Managing to get all the DLC for season 1 and 2 for £36 was a bargain since I've been wanting both arcade games for a while...
Speaking of which, I never had the opportunity to play either arcade game back in the day but I'm really enjoying both. I prefer the character roster in the first game but I prefer the refined feel of the second game. The first game is bastard hard to get to grips with. Between the relentless difficulty and no proper training mode (where the AI doesn't beat you into the ground) it took me a little while to get the feel of the game. I've now got Cinder, Jago and Fulgor down well enough to clear the game with them. Its a really fun, challenging game.
I also never realised just how good the soundtracks were either, the second game's OST is now one of my favourite fighting game soundtracks of all time.

clav

Little confused.

Jago is free offline or when two players are activated in the free version.

Usually when that happens, the game glitches out and freezes after a match.

Stupid question, how do you customize your character now?

Collection says "view & equip your unlocks" and everything in the holiday section shows a checkmark through it, but hitting A doesn't actually equip it. Hitting y for settings doesn't seem to let me do anything either while selecting a character. TIA!

Edit: I found it under fighters.

Skab

So, a little while back Mick was asking looking for someone who could sing in a metal screamy-ish sort of what, for KI.

And now he posts this..https://vine.co/v/OXmWVIqZAVM

Thinking the Herald of Gargos theme might melt some faces. (Track also seems to be called "Shadow Hills," which could be the stages name.)

So, a little while back Mick was asking looking for someone who could sing in a metal screamy-ish sort of what, for KI.

Thinking the Herald of Gargos theme might melt some faces. (Track also seems to be called "Shadow Hills," which could be the stages name.)

I listened to it about 15 times trying to figure out what it was saying. Lol. I look forward to more of the theme as it progresses. ^^

If HoG gets an actual stage, that would be pretty sweet. :)

Doukou

Wow sounds great.
Shadow Hills sounds like a weird stage name though for this character.

Dang, that's sounding awesome. Can't wait to hear the full track in all its glory.

So this happened (Riptor glitch) twice today, during ranked matches. Anyone else experienced this?

I've played like ~130 matches with Riptor so far, majority of those ranked, and I've never seen that glitch happen. Very strange.

clav

That's interesting.

I wonder if that means IG is open to editing some of the characters/animations for the first Season 2 characters.

So got an One in the house out of nowhere and this is pretty much the only game I want, curious to how this works/whats the best deal on getting it. I know there is the $20 pack that comes with the 8 season one characters, I assume there is a $20 pack for the season 2 characters as well? Or is there an all in one $40 pack that comes with both.

Also confused about the accessories packs, that come with the... ultra editions? Are these premium, only get them here items, or we unlock them for you so you dont have to grind for them items?

Just still a bit confused still after browsing the OT's.

Doukou

So got an One in the house out of nowhere and this is pretty much the only game I want, curious to how this works/whats the best deal on getting it. I know there is the $20 pack that comes with the 8 season one characters, I assume there is a $20 pack for the season 2 characters as well? Or is there an all in one $40 pack that comes with both.

Also confused about the accessories packs, that come with the... ultra editions? Are these premium, only get them here items, or we unlock them for you so you dont have to grind for them items?

Just still a bit confused still after browsing the OT's.

40 dollars for Season 1 and 2. Cost 20 dollars each and have to be bought individually.

Ultra edition gives you these which can only be unlocked by money, there are 2 accessories sets in game already so these add a 3rd option along with adding Retro costumes which have 3 accessories also.

All retro costumes and accessories
Christmas accessories for TJ Combo, Sabrewulf and Orchid
Jago Ancient Tiger gear
Sabrewulf SteamPunk gear
Glacius Alien Tech gear
Chief Thunder Bear gear
Sadira Masquerade gear
Orchid Sci-fi gear
Spinal Egyptian Gear
Fulgore Gladiator gear
TJ Combo Monster hunter gear
Maya Futuristic Gear
(Kan-Ra's gear is coming out in Jan. and Riptor's gear in Feb.)
Killer Instinct 1 and 2

Killer Instinct Complete Collection is on sale for 53 dollars so it only costs 13 dollars extra to get all of these.

Edit: The sale ends on Tuesday(I think)

BioFan

Been waiting for a while to play this game. Mostly for nostalgia. Remembered going to the arcades back in the day to watch a KI match but was never good at it myself.
But finally I got the One recently and found out that I still suck at it. I wouldnt say Im an expert in fighting games but I do ok in street fighter or virtua fighter, I do know my moves but somehow this game just kills me.
Tempted to get the complete edition but few reasons why I havent done so. I live in a country where internet sucks, dont think I can ever play it online without lag.
Two, as much as I love fighting games, I usually play just a character or two. So the free to play mechanism is awesome for me. But I only get to try Orchid so far. So I dont know who to get yet. Really cant wait for Raptor. But its a 23days wait for free players.
And I dont have Gold yet.
But my question is, is the complete edition worth it if I am only playing offline? I like the game, and want to support the dev, want more games like this from MS but its so hard for me. I cant beat the storymode and have a hard time completing the dojo. LoL. I have a hard time understanding the mechanism, its a bit too technical for a casual fighter player.

Doukou

Been waiting for a while to play this game. Mostly for nostalgia. Remembered going to the arcades back in the day to watch a KI match but was never good at it myself.
But fonally I got the One recently and found out that I still suck at it. I wouldnt say Im an expert in fighting games but I do ok in street fighter but this game just kills me.
Tempted to get the complete edition but few reasons I havent done so. I live in a country where internet sucks, dont think I can ever play it online without lag. And I dont have the Gold yet.
Two, as much as I love fighting games, I usually play just a character or two. So the free to play mechanism is awesome for me. But I only get to try Orchid so far.
But my question is, is the complete edition worth it if I am only playing offline? I like the game, and want to support the dev, want more games like this from MS but its so hard for me. I cant beat the storymode and have a hard time completing the dojo. LoL. I have a hard time understanding the mechanism, its a bit too technical for a casual fighter player.

I wouldn't buy it, no need to worry about support.

40 dollars for Season 1 and 2. Cost 20 dollars each and have to be bought individually.

Ultra edition gives you these which can only be unlocked by money, there are 2 accessories sets in game already so these add a 3rd option along with adding Retro costumes which have 3 accessories also.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check out what all the accessories look like and decide from there if I wan't to toss in the extra money for them. Honestly the only extra costume I liked was Glacius's :p

Synth

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check out what all the accessories look like and decide from there if I wan't to toss in the extra money for them. Honestly the only extra costume I liked was Glacius's :p

If you're looking to get both seasons for all the characters, I'd definitely recommend buying the complete collection for the current reduced price.

Top Bottom