• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So this happened (Riptor glitch) twice today, during ranked matches. Anyone else experienced this?

Happened to me while the game was reinstalling. but haven't had it happen while playing normally since then. Sorry it happened to you during Ranked! Mine was simply during offline VS CPU play.

Though I think I noticed some slowdown during enders at a few points (Didn't record these):

>Glacius fighting Riptor on Maya's stage (think it was just during a normal uppercut ender or such)

>After TJ started to loop his auto barrage a few times on Riptor, again in Maya's stage. He get's REALLY slow when he's punching (which is suppose to happen), and after landing an uppercut ender, it's as if the game didn't understand how to speed back up for a few moments, after it was all over.

Sure, the resolution bump and motion blur is nice, but I really hope they're not breaking the smooth consistency of the game in order to get these cosmetic changes in.

.la1n

It wouldn't be normal for things to run smooth for too long ;)

I did notice a new influx of strange things happening in the game with the latest patch. I think they probably really wanted to deliver Riptor well before Christmas and the usual quality testing didn't happen. Explains Mick being rushed on Riptor's theme as well. I think come January's big patch it will be back to smoother sailing.

MattXIII

It wouldn't be normal for things to run smooth for too long ;)

I did notice a new influx of strange things happening in the game with the latest patch. I think they probably really wanted to deliver Riptor well before Christmas and the usual quality testing didn't happen. Explains Mick being rushed on Riptor's theme as well. I think come January's big patch it will be back to smoother sailing.

I hope so - hit some rough slow down on Glacius's stage a couple of times since Riptor's release.

Doikor

So I got a Xbox One as a christmas present from work and I've now been playing this a bit in training mode and with a couple friends offline (got the complete collection). What is the online population in EU like? I skipped the 1 month free gold during setup (didn't have my credit card near by). Can I somehow get it activated now? Was available under "subscribe for gold" button on the xbox marketplace.

Korosenai

Just bought the combo pack for killer instinct season 2. Don't really care much for costumes or to play killer instinct 2.

How much earlier do ultra owners get new characters than combo owners?

O M G, some big issues happened when i tried to buy the COMPLETE EDITION, something related to paypal, just got off the customer service with them.

Something went wrong with the purchase but for some reason i still obtained the LICENSE for the game on my account, i called to make sure, and they said this that it seemed to be that way and they will not revoke the license.
The purchase was declined, and they will not charge me or re attempt to charge me. I was not billed nothing.
He ended up saying sorry for this inconveniance but please do enjoy the free copy!

wow! well this is a nice christmas present.
Thank you very much is all i can say Microsoft.

Timu

O M G, some big issues happened when i tried to buy the COMPLETE EDITION, something related to paypal, just got off the customer service with them.

Something went wrong with the purchase but for some reason i still obtained the LICENSE for the game on my account, i called to make sure, and they said this that it seemed to be that way and they will not revoke the license.
The purchase was declined, and they will not charge me or re attempt to charge me. I was not billed nothing.
He ended up saying sorry for this inconveniance but please do enjoy the free copy!

wow! well this is a nice christmas present.
Thank you very much is all i can say Microsoft.
Like they say "The best things in life are free". Congrats BTW.

Sydle

This is fantastic, thanks for posting.

EDIT: Does anyone own the artbook and if so do you like it? I have gotten into the habit of buying artbooks for all of my favorite games and I am debating picking it up, thanks.

The artbook is great. I wish there was a digital version and that they updated it for Season 2.

Galdelico

GAF help me!

Just a minute ago, I was listening to Killer Cuts for the first time (I know, it's shameful... I'm not a Killer Instinct player but this thread got me to buy the OST) and when 'It's a jungle' started I had the strongest aural deja-vu ever.
I feel almost 100% sure I've already heard that music, at least the first minute or so - probably without vocals - in another game. I'd swear it was an old one, and that tune was played in a loop, something like a 'select screen' or option menu...

Am I crazy? Or is that a licensed song which is known to be in other games other than KI?

Darn it. I was waiting until tonight to purchase the complete collection on sale, but it already went back up in price a bit, from $53-something to $59.99. Odd that it's still on sale for the moment, just not as much.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Neat, and the Naginata probably hints at her backstory, my guess is family murdered, she might be a vengeful spirit etc.

During the Edo Period, as the naginata became less useful for men on the battlefield, it became a symbol of the social status of women.[13] A functional naginata was often a traditional part of a samurai daughter's dowry. Although they did not typically fight as normal soldiers, women of the samurai class were expected to be capable of defending their homes while their husbands were away at war. The naginata was considered one of the weapons most suitable for women, since it allows a woman to keep opponents at a distance, where any advantages in height, weight, and upper body strength would be lessened. An excellent example of the role of women in Japanese society and martial culture is Itagaki, who, famous for her naginata skills, led the garrison of 3,000 warriors stationed at Toeizakayama castle. Ten thousand Hōjō clan warriors were dispatched to take the castle, and Itagaki led her troops out of the castle, killing a significant number of the attackers before being overpowered. The naginata saw its final uses in combat in 1868, at Aizu, and in 1876, in Satsuma.

Had probably my greatest comeback just a little bit ago. When he dropped me I literally said out loud "well I guess you win then." Really wasn't expecting how the last of the match played out.

http://xboxclips.com/BananasWithGuns/03dfd391-0616-4708-9fe6-58e6474f297e

She's still amazing just have to change the way you play her a bit. She's definitely not terrible.

Terrible's probably overstating it but she definitely seems like a shadow of her former self to me. I just think some of the nerfs might have been too reactionary. The fact that she's so easy to break and that her damage output is so low makes it hard for me to invest in her over another character even though I think she's fun as hell to play. We'll see how IG plays it with the next few patches.

I love the way the characters are positioned on the KI Forum's new banner.

Jago and TJ Combo are opposite of each other, both being the first characters from their season.
Orchid and Maya are opposite of each other, being the main female characters from their season.
Spinal is opposite of Kan-Ra, both being ancient character. I wonder if there will be a story connection.
Saberwulf is opposite of Riptor, both being "creatures" and rushdown characters.
Glacius and Cinder are opposite of each other. There's ice vs. fire, and the alien DNA thing.
Sadira and the ghost girl are opposite of each other.
Thunder and Herald of Gargos are opposite of each other.

I don't see the golem or Aria, but if Aria is the boss of Season 2's story mode, it would make sense for her(him?) to be opposite of Fulgore.

I'm curious if any of this is hinting at story connections. I think Spinal will play a role in Kan-Ra's, and Glacius in Cinder's.

Peterpan

I love the way the characters are positioned on the KI Forum's new banner.

Jago and TJ Combo are opposite of each other, both being the first characters from their season.
Orchid and Maya are opposite of each other, being the main female characters from their season.
Spinal is opposite of Kan-Ra, both being ancient character. I wonder if there will be a story connection.
Saberwulf is opposite of Riptor, both being "creatures" and rushdown characters.
Glacius and Cinder are opposite of each other. There's ice vs. fire, and the alien DNA thing.
Sadira and the ghost girl are opposite of each other.
Thunder and Herald of Gargos are opposite of each other.

I don't see the golem or Aria, but if Aria is the boss of Season 2's story mode, it would make sense for her(him?) to be opposite of Fulgore.

I'm curious if any of this is hinting at story connections. I think Spinal will play a role in Kan-Ra's, and Glacius in Cinder's.
Weird I noticed this yesterday. I was thinking did anyone notice, then this post pops up.

My friend from the Navy came back, and so I was able to play Killer Instinct once more!

Holy hell do I suck with TJ Combo. Lol. I tried out Riptor as well.. But that wasn't too great. The ones that stuck on me are Maya/Kan-Ra, I really did enjoy Maya a whole lot. I need to put in a whole lot of work for Gauze though. XP

Oh, and the games looks sooo damn good. :)

tapedeck

My friend from the Navy came back, and so I was able to play Killer Instinct once more!

Holy hell do I suck with TJ Combo. Lol. I tried out Riptor as well.. But that wasn't too great. The ones that stuck on me are Maya/Kan-Ra, I really did enjoy Maya a whole lot. I need to put in a whole lot of work for Gauze though. XP

Not to get into your personal business but can you not afford an Xbox one right now? Even with some of the deals out there? Not trying to be a jerk just honestly curious since you post a lot in here.

I am awful with TJ Combo as well.

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

Not to get into your personal business but can you not afford an Xbox one right now? Even with some of the deals out there? Not trying to be a jerk just honestly curious since you post a lot in here.

I cannot. I have no job at all right now, but I'll finally be able to move on from that. Since I'll no longer have to be around to care for my dad since his wife (step-mom) is back. Hopefully go back to school as well.

Not only that but when I do get money, I use it for other purposes. It'll go up by the end up of the year! :)

I post a lot, because I'm honestly a big fan of KI. Even if I don't own an XB1, I enjoy every bit of news that comes out.

I am awful with TJ Combo as well.

At least I'm not the only one. Haha. I just don't know what it is that's difficult. XP

Ziffles

So, a little while back Mick was asking looking for someone who could sing in a metal screamy-ish sort of what, for KI.

And now he posts this..https://vine.co/v/OXmWVIqZAVM

Thinking the Herald of Gargos theme might melt some faces. (Track also seems to be called "Shadow Hills," which could be the stages name.)

Wow sounds great.
Shadow Hills sounds like a weird stage name though for this character.

Shadow Hills is the name of the audio plugin. :)

Damn good compressor.

Doukou

Nice. Those characters also stuck with me a lot. Make sure you auto barrage with TJ makes online play easier since it's the best thing he has going since his nerfs.
Merry Christmas Eve(pst :(

Above poster that makes more sense.

tapedeck

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

I cannot. I have no job at all right now, but I'll finally be able to move on from that. Since I'll no longer have to be around to care for my dad since his wife (step-mom) is back. Hopefully go back to school as well.

Not only that but when I do get money, I use it for other purposes. It'll go up by the end up of the year! :)

I post a lot, because I'm honestly a big fan of KI. Even if I don't own an XB1, I enjoy every bit of news that comes out.
Ah, fair enough. I was kinda in your boat till April of this year..following the game religiously on here but not quite financially ready to get the Xbone till I had important stuff paid off. Good news is you'll be staring the game in a much more robust package than it was even a few months ago!

.la1n

Anyone have the sound going out during a match? As soon as I press the Home button it is fixed.

Have not experienced this but if you can get a video of it, it wouldn't hurt to post it over in the bugs/glitches thread at ultra-combo.com

Delt31

Nice. Those characters also stuck with me a lot. Make sure you auto barrage with TJ makes online play easier since it's the best thing he has going since his nerfs.
Merry Christmas Eve(pst :(

Above poster that makes more sense.

auto barrage does not work consistently for me. I know it's press the next strength after first auto hits and the animation seems to be doing it but I never get the ender OR it happens only if I go hp, mp, lp, hk, mk, lk. any tricks or something I'm missing?

dankir

Thanks, his leaping ground pound kept on screwing me up, looks like I have to block high then low.

Nah not at all, just block high. It's an overhead and it can recapture you from the air if your not attacking.

auto barrage does not work consistently for me. I know it's press the next strength after first auto hits and the animation seems to be doing it but I never get the ender OR it happens only if I go hp, mp, lp, hk, mk, lk. any tricks or something I'm missing?

You can auto barrage any button in any order. You could just keep doing fierces over and over until KV runs out. Basically you have to cancel the first hit of the auto double into the second button. Takes a bit of practice but the timing is pretty straight forward.

Just keep at it.

DrDogg

It doesn't matter what order you hit the buttons for the Auto Barrage ender. All that matters is you hit all six and don't repeat any. Of course you also need to watch your KV Meter to make sure you have enough to finish it. If you get 100 KV before you finish the Auto Barrage it won't work.

So I received the season 1 disc as a Christmas present but I'm still being asked to buy the characters!?

I had the trial version installed previously so I thought that might be causing the issue so I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it from the disk and the characters still aren't showing up. What the hell is going on!?

Edit: Now at the third attempt of installing the game I declined the "update now" option and the individual characters seem to be installing. This was far more complicated then it should have been.

Top Bottom