• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

.la1n

So I received the season 1 disc as a Christmas present but I'm still being asked to buy the characters!?

I had the trial version installed previously so I thought that might be causing the issue so I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it from the disk and the characters still aren't showing up. What the hell is going on!?

Edit: Now at the third attempt of installing the game I declined the "update now" option and the individual characters seem to be installing. This was fat now complicated then it should have been.

That is really strange, I have noticed live having issues loading data since Christmas. I'd imagine a combination of a large influx of new xbox owners and lizard squad shenanigans.

eastx

I have the Season 1 and 2 Ultra Editions but I can't figure out how to actually get and equip the holiday items. Can anyone help? When I try to equip outfits for Orchid, i just see her regular and Classic outfits. :(

I have the Season 1 and 2 Ultra Editions but I can't figure out how to actually get and equip the holiday items. Can anyone help? When I try to equip outfits for Orchid, i just see her regular and Classic outfits. :(

Collection > Fighters > Orchid > Default Costume > Choose a slot

Her candy canes should be right there. Same process with Sabrewulf and TJ Combo.

As for Orchid's holiday color. It's selectable with the rest of the colors when you choose her at the character select.

eastx

Collection > Fighters > Orchid > Default Costume > Choose a slot

Her candy canes should be right there. Same process with Sabrewulf and TJ Combo.

As for Orchid's holiday color. It's selectable with the rest of the colors when you choose her at the character select.

Thanks! Man, that is unintuitive.

.la1n

Small update to KI coming 1am PST, fixes Riptor freeze bug, Kan-Ra massive damage when using sacrifice and most importantly Riptor's stage has correct Ultra music ;)

KePoW

Banned
I have not kept up with KI the past couple months

Does anyone know (or can speculate) what future female characters there will be??

.la1n

Shadow Jago is not unlockable through game play, only his stage. Also I agree it's great to see strong female representation. Hope that's a trend we see continue moving forward.

Curious to see how much Adam will give us. He did say they're going to start revealing characters a little differently starting this month so I'm interested in seeing exactly what's planned.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Curious to see how much Adam will give us. He did say they're going to start revealing characters a little differently starting this month so I'm interested in seeing exactly what's planned.

he said first update in january would explain what's going on with shadow jago and herald and we'll know who he is

.la1n

he said first update in january would explain what's going on with shadow jago and herald and we'll know who he is

Wonder if that's first full week of January or today. Seems kinda soon to get much information, especially since the holiday time off the past two weeks. If it is the update he was referring to then it will be a nice surprise. I'd like to know where they are going with the herald and Shadow Jago.

Are there any plans on getting the old music back or remastered versions of it. I love the game but the new music is.. well not that great to me. So far the only 2 songs that i really like are the Spinal Stage music and Fulgore.

Are there any plans on them releasing the old soundtracks for the levels? We could then chose new soundtrack or play the Old stuff.

Many other fighting games have character themes, thinking of ryu's theme song.
Dunno maybe it's just me.

hwalker84

Are there any plans on getting the old music back or remastered versions of it. I love the game but the new music is.. well not that great to me. So far the only 2 songs that i really like are the Spinal Stage music and Fulgore.

Are there any plans on them releasing the old soundtracks for the levels? We could then chose new soundtrack or play the Old stuff.

Many other fighting games have character themes, thinking of ryu's theme song.
Dunno maybe it's just me.

You can unlock all the old themes for all the nostalgia you want in training. I doubt we'll ever see the old tracks in gameplay as the new tracks are dynamic and part of the gameplay.

You can unlock all the old themes for all the nostalgia you want in training. I doubt we'll ever see the old tracks in gameplay as the new tracks are dynamic and part of the gameplay.

You bring up another question from me.

So i bought the complete edition the 80$ one. Now when i play i can't chose the colors of my characters i think i can chose color 1 and 2 but thats it, Lets say i want the last color wich is number 6. I can't chose it... WHY? do i have to unlock that stuff?
I read someone mention killer instinct dollars?? is that gamepoints or real money i have to spend??? i thought the complete edition came with everything.

I can understand having to play to unlock stuff but not allot of this info is fully explained in the game in regards to this stuff.

And shadow jago i read someone saying that he is for people who get the 12 month day 1 live thing, well i thought i 80$'s would cover that lol. And i see people saying hes unlocked in season 2.
So many people saying lots of things so i'm not to sure what information is right and what is false.

Pachinko

You bring up another question from me.

So i bought the complete edition the 80$ one. Now when i play i can't chose the colors of my characters i think i can chose color 1 and 2 but thats it, Lets say i want the last color wich is number 6. I can't chose it... WHY? do i have to unlock that stuff?
I read someone mention killer instinct dollars?? is that gamepoints or real money i have to spend??? i thought the complete edition came with everything.

I can understand having to play to unlock stuff but i don;t know not allot is fully explained in the game in regards to this stuff.

And shadow jago i read someone saying that he is for people who get the 12 month day 1 live thing, well i thought i 80$'s would cover that lol. And i see people saying hes unlocked in season 2.
So many people saying lots of things so i'm not to sure what information is right and what is false.

Just play through arcade mode and survival mode once with each character and you'll get most of the colors. The accessories are the things that take a little while to grind.

Just play through arcade mode and survival mode once with each character and you'll get most of the colors. The accessories are the things that take a little while to grind.

Please explain more? grind as in getting points to unlock them? what exactly am i grinding?
And where can i see these points or so dollars that i am grinding unless i got it all wrong.
I've played a couple days but never noticed what you mention other than the lvls i am getting.

CoCo_CoCo

Banned

No one really knows if players will be able to get Shadow Jago without the 12 month promo.

Herald of Gargos probably isn't Shadow Jago as in one of the streams they said they're currently keeping Shadow Jago a special "skin" for 12 month promo buyers. Shadow Jago probably won't get any movesets or be part of a season until S3.

EDIT: Meant to EDIT this into my previous post.

Chucker

Please explain more? grind as in getting points to unlock them? what exactly am i grinding?
And where can i see these points or so dollars that i am grinding unless i got it all wrong.
I've played a couple days but never noticed what you mention other than the lvls i am getting.
Not trying to be blunt, but just play the game you bought, and use the character you want and you will get the colors you want.
Accessories take a little longer, but with enough play you'll get them.

If I'm remembering correctly you get X color at Y Character level.

Essentially, as you level up a character you'll unlock the colors and accessories for that character (as well as profile card stuff). This is the same regardless of what edition of the game you own. You can see what level stuff unlocks in the "Collection" section.

For the Ultra Edition, you're given exclusive access to a special accessory set, the classic costume and all accessories for the classic costume. These are all unlocked by default and don't require you to level up the character at all.

KI Gold is a currency that uses real money to essentially unlock stuff early without leveling up the characters. You can also use that KI Gold to unlock the accessories from the Ultra Edition if you don't own it. By and large, KI Gold is completely pointless in my opinion. Leveling a character isn't too difficult.

Essentially, as you level up a character you'll unlock the colors and accessories for that character (as well as profile card stuff). This is the same regardless of what edition of the game you own. You can see what level stuff unlocks in the "Collection" section.

For the Ultra Edition, you're given exclusive access to a special accessory set, the classic costume and all accessories for the classic costume. These are all unlocked by default and don't require you to level up the character at all.

KI Gold is a currency that uses real money to essentially unlock stuff early without leveling up the characters. You can also use that KI Gold to unlock the accessories from the Ultra Edition if you don't own it. By and large, KI Gold is completely pointless in my opinion. Leveling a character isn't too difficult.

Thank you very much, thats the answer I was looking for, explained everything.

malfcn

Just saw a guy do an Ultra with Jago. Mid Ultra he canceled, and it screamed Ultra. Then he started it again and at the end it said he did negative damage.

Silky

Banned
So we're getting a bonus character along with the 8/9 characters being added to Season 2? Sweet.

Omen sounds like the game's Akuma.

Omen doesn't really sound like my type of character but I'm still excited to see him in action.

I'm really happy with their new approach though. Considerable information drop and they're going to stream Omen early even though he's not 100% finished which I really like. Much, MUCH better than getting hardly anything for 2-3 weeks out of the month.

Doukou

Omen sounds very shadow based. Him being only available for season owners seems like a good incentive specially since he was a bonus. My guess of Omen being a less taxing character to make seems right(no new stage, reused animations and a modified Jago Skelton) so I hope that allows them to polish the other characters. I wonder if Shadow Dojo will still have to be unlocked
Omen's name is meh.
Very nice bonus.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I hope Shadow Jago stays exclusive to those of us who bought the Day One 12 months of Live. Would make me feel far better about the purchase.

Edit. Sounds like he is. Fuck yeah. I love this game more now. I will continue to spend inordinate amounts of money it it. Thanks Iron Galaxy.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I hope Shadow Jago stays exclusive to those of us who bought the Day One 12 months of Live. Would make me feel far better about the purchase.

Well they do say he's going to remain exclusive and remain difficult to get... shame he isn't getting a new moveset any time soon... but we are getting 9 characters this season so whatevs lol

.la1n

Sounds like we can expect to play Omen around the week of the 19th, if you are an Ultra pack owner. Last week of the month (probably) for combo pack owners. Seeing him in action next week will be fun. Unfortunate he won't get a new stage but at least they are adding new music to the old shadow Jago stage.

mdsfx

Part of me wants to buy a shadow jago code just to have a complete roster, but the other part of me thinks he's just a copy cat character with nothing unique about him, so I don't think I would even use him.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
A good compromise. Adds value to the most recent season, gives us some new things to toy around with in the game yet again, and maintains Shago's exclusive-ness for a longer period of time, while not taking anything away from new buyers.

I just hope his odd, ethereal look doesn't step on Ghost-girls visual identity too much. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

The Gameplay showing and Trailer showing DO seem out of order, but that's not a horrible thing. Will be happy to see how this all works out.

KePoW

Banned
Has there been any new sticks released for the XB1 in the past two or three months?

If not, are there any upcoming ones?

Top Bottom