• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
https://twitter.com/Mick_Gordon/status/567093960909549568

Ghost Girl tease. Text translates to "Breathe.".
foreign-ringu-halloween-haunting-the-most-terrifying-ghosts-of-horror-cinema.gif

sorry

.la1n

Here some food for thought since it's dead around here until the Aganos trailer: what do you guys think is going to happen with the jail system once the new ranking system comes in? Is the jail system even still in the game now?

vg260

Here some food for thought since it's dead around here until the Aganos trailer: what do you guys think is going to happen with the jail system once the new ranking system comes in? Is the jail system even still in the game now?

No idea, but I wish they would lump all the players that teabag or play out the whole Ultra or multiples at the end of a match together.

I got stuck in a match chugging at half-speed and the player did an Ultra, and didn't cut it short, so it took twice as long.

Nori Chan

I'm gonna guess the trailer drops Friday with Aganos dropping Monday.

Hopefully we can actually see how ghost girl looks like and they don't pull an omen troll

Doukou

Jail system is still in(I think, I've never been jailed) and I believe they will keep it since they haven't mentioned getting rid of it yet in a text stream and it should have no conflicts with the new ranking system.

I think trailer will be Thursday/Friday with release on Saturday so that Aganos still gets a week earlier for Ultra users and Breaker users get it in February.

vg260

I never quit matches no matter what, but I wish there was a simple forfeit option without jailing after an Ultra starts so I don't have to sit through the Ultra every time and could just move on.

Doukou

I never quit matches no matter what, but I wish there was a simple forfeit option without jailing after an Ultra starts so I don't have to sit through the Ultra every time and could just move on.

I would find it funny if you could opt out of a match/leave and the other person is just performing a 3 min ultra in an empty game.

.la1n

Jail system is still in(I think, I've never been jailed) and I believe they will keep it since they haven't mentioned getting rid of it yet in a text stream and it should have no conflicts with the new ranking system.

I think trailer will be Thursday/Friday with release on Saturday so that Aganos still gets a week earlier for Ultra users and Breaker users get it in February.

That is one thing I was hoping for with Aganos. Omen was a bonus character so it didn't bother me too much but I still thought it was a little shitty he wasn't out for combo breaker owners until February, missing the one character a month promise. Again, probably just had to do with the time that was needed for the team to polish up the remaining four characters so hopefully it won't be something that happens again.

I would love an option to go ahead and search for the next match after an ultra is initiated. It let's players who want to perform longer Ultras still do them without punishing players who want to move on to the next game.

got my pax east badges today, apparently there is a panel for KI on satuday?

anyone else going?

We expect you to report if anything interesting comes out of it.

vg260

I would find it funny if you could opt out of a match/leave and the other person is just performing a 3 min ultra in an empty game.

or just let the loser hit MP+MK to cancel it on their end to disconnect, and let the winner do whatever post-match Ultra styling they want. Probably asking too much though.

Doukou

That is one thing I was hoping for with Aganos. Omen was a bonus character so it didn't bother me too much but I still thought it was a little shitty he wasn't out for combo breaker owners until February, missing the one character a month promise. Again, probably just had to do with the time that was needed for the team to polish up the remaining four characters so hopefully it won't be something that happens again.

Yah I'm an ultra owner but I thought it was lame that Omen was out in February for ultra users, I would have rather had them get him at the same time as ultra owners. Hopefully it was the exception and not the new norm.

It's always so surreal when I get matched with pro players.

Just got matched with Maciaga and he stomped me lol.

I went against Justin Wong one time, and after everything was done all I said was, "Thank you." I didn't know what to say! Lol.

I thought the jail system was still sticking around. I'm sure that it'll be around for the new ranking system as well.

As for the Aganos trailer, I'm expecting it in Thursday.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Since its slow in here figured Id share this. Finally got around to modding my TE2, nothing crazy just some art I messed around with...new LED buttons, bat-top, washer etc.

Edit: links are borked, lets try this again...

IMG_5990.jpg

IMG_5982.jpg

Doukou

Looks good.

To keep the discussion going on here,
What do you think of Aganos' dash, not exactly sure of the use of it except as a joke.

.la1n

Looks good.

To keep the discussion going on here,
What do you think of Aganos' dash, not exactly sure of the use of it except as a joke.

Seems pretty useless to me and the team seemed to acknowledge this much. Might have some uses we don't know of once people get a hold of the character.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
To catch up, nice sound to that Ghosty Tease, and cool Stick art! A readon I'd want a TE2 is just TV to be able to eadily hotswap art...

For Aganos dash, I figure it's just a good way to return to Stomp / Far HP / Cr. HP shenanigans range after knockdowns. His charging moves are a lot less safe than Glacius, and it'll probably help him get in tange for blows while enemies are in hi rock shower.

Did they say his dash gets slower while chunked up? It might fing use as a 3 hit armored hop through projectiles too. I'd love to see him able to cancel out of select 2 hit normals with it, but don't think it in the cards.

apparently the KI panel at pax will have info on a new character. ghost girl probably? they'll be giving away pins so I would imagine a ton of people will go just to get a free pin -_-

Killer Instinct Team Panel
Saturday, March 7, 12:30PM – 1:30PM, Condor Theatre

See what the future of Killer Instinct holds, and get the exclusive on a brand new character! Everyone who comes to the panel will also receive a random Killer Instinct Pinny Arcade pin (while supplies last).

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
apparently the KI panel at pax will have info on a new character. ghost girl probably? they'll be giving away pins so I would imagine a ton of people will go just to get a free pin -_-

Yeah. definitely ghost. Lines up with first info release....

maybe this is when they announce the new SP mode ?

edit: Ishmae confirms New modes

.la1n

That's pretty neat that the reveal will be live instead of via the textual stream. Probably the character I am most interested in this entire season outside of Cinder. Hopefully I dig the design.

Doukou

March Update is already sounding great if we get a new mode.
I wonder what the mode will be, hopefully something like a challenge mode.
Showing off Ghost girl in game might be a bit hopeful since it would be early in March, maybe it will be an ingame model.

He says modes instead of mode. This excites me greatly. I really hope one of them is a peek at the return of Team Battles. I'd be so happy from that announcement. :3

March 7th is so close yet so far away.. (〒︿〒) I know some amazing things are about to go down that day, so I can't wait!

Doukou

I'm guessing it'll be artwork like they did with Maya

"with a lot more than just concept art!"

Ish on Ultra-Combo sounds like we can expect something outside of the 2d realm

I think Modes might mean the new mode and the season 2 story mode. I don't think we are getting multiple new modes.

dankir

I'm at 187/191 achievements just 20 ranked wins and 200 matches with Sadira and 200 with Maya(maybe 20 left to do)

Bring on Aganos!!!

dankir

I only have 3 left, 2 are glitched though :(

Glitched how? The only one that acted funny was the 200 trails. I had done around 130 before I upgraded to season 2 and it unlocked for me the first time I booted it up.

Sadira is my least played character and I've barely touched her this season. Will practice this weekend and try to have it done before Aganos is out.

Also was anybody having graphical glitches on Riptor's and Kan-Ra stages?

During the Ultra on the Riptor stage the yellow explosions would be appear super low texture, like chunky blocks and I couldn't see any of the smoke or detail within that box.

If I played against Kan-Ra on his stage some of his bandaids would like stretch across the screen for a split second at the start of the match.

Glitched how? The only one that acted funny was the 200 trails. I had done around 130 before I upgraded to season 2 and it unlocked for me the first time I booted it up.

Also was anybody having graphical glitches on Riptor's and Kan-Ra stages?

During the Ultra on the Riptor stage the yellow explosions would be appear super low texture, like chunky blocks and I couldn't see any of the smoke or detail within that box.

Stylish Fulgore and Stylish TJ haven't unlocked...even though I have all six colors for each of them.

And yea I've also had the explosion issue on riptors stage.

.la1n

Yeah I have graphical abnormalities with Kan-Ra's bandages, Riptor's explosions and also while using Omen on his stage.

dankir

Stylish Fulgore and Stylish TJ haven't unlocked...even though I have all six colors for each of them.

And yea I've also had the explosion issue on riptors stage.

I didn't get Stylish Fulgor when I had unlocked a 3rd color, but I think once I had unlocked a 4th one it popped.

.la1n

I suppose it was hoping for too much that we'd get a surprise with Aganos' trailer being released early. Here is hoping that it will surface tomorrow, hopefully with a release no later than Saturday so combo breaker owners are still getting the character before the end of February.

What's the lowest price the complete collection has been on sale for? It's on sale for $47.99 but that's only $13 lower then what they charge anyway for gold members ($60)

Should I jump on this?

Top Bottom