• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Ghazi

Thinking about modding my stick at this point, but there aren't too many resources on my specific one. Seems like it'd be cheaper and more reliable than picking up a CronusMax or TitanOne. Kinda lame you can't buy any of those converters at a retail store.

bumpkin

Thinking about modding my stick at this point, but there aren't too many resources on my specific one. Seems like it'd be cheaper and more reliable than picking up a CronusMax or TitanOne. Kinda lame you can't buy any of those converters at a retail store.
I have an Akishop Customs PS360+ in my MadCatz SFIV Fightstick TE and a CronusMax, and thanks to firmware updates, I can use it on my 360, PS3, XB1 (via CronusMax) and PS4. It's glorious.

Ghazi

I have an Akishop Customs PS360+ in my MadCatz SFIV Fightstick TE and a CronusMax, and thanks to firmware updates, I can use it on my 360, PS3, XB1 (via CronusMax) and PS4. It's glorious.

No issues with the CronusMax? I've read so many bad things about it that I've pretty much completely wrote it off at this point.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I have not played or dl the patch for couple months, just dl the patch but now the season 1 characters showing this content not installed. Is this a bug? How to fix it?

Try going to games addons and install everything that it says you own but havent installed

vg260

No issues with the CronusMax? I've read so many bad things about it that I've pretty much completely wrote it off at this point.

I have two and they work great. Complaints seem to be related to the original abandoned design before the Titan One/CM split and new model. I saw they recently addressed this on their Facebook page.

bumpkin

None that I'm aware of, but I also pretty much never play the game against anyone locally. My friends aren't into fighting games, certainly not ones I spend a bunch of time playing and they never touch; apparently they aren't into being punching bags. lol.

The only problem I've encountered is more a quirk with the "G-Tuner" application that you use to load configurations onto it. Apparently when setting it up for XB1, if you leave it to set to "Automatic" on one of the settings, it won't work. You need to explicitly set it to XB1. I don't know if this has been corrected since I got the CM though.

vg260

The only problem I've encountered is more a quirk with the "G-Tuner" application that you use to load configurations onto it. Apparently when setting it up for XB1, if you leave it to set to "Automatic" on one of the settings, it won't work. You need to explicitly set it to XB1. I don't know if this has been corrected since I got the CM though.

It works in auto for me now after the recent firmware and new software.

CodeNfX

Not sure, I'll ask the dumb question if it was fully downloaded.

Try going to games addons and install everything that it says you own but havent installed

It was fully downloaded when I played before the Kan-Ra patch, I was playing season 1 characters but strange now I can't play any season 1 characters. I'll look into the addons section tonight. I'm thinking this may be a bug on their patch.

I've been using CronusMax, no issues here.

vg260

Got all characters to 50 except Hisako and Omen (no stuff to unlock past 30 anyway).

I'll work on the new characters once there are double XP days. Was hoping for an April fools one.

Man, there is nothing better than baiting a Sabrewulf into Shadow Eclipse on wakeup and countering it with Hisako. It has to hurt so bad for them but I have no sympathy.

.la1n

Got home from work and was prompted to install a small patch for KI, any idea on this one guys?

edit: never mind, just a fix for the Hisako/Aganos crash bug seen during the IG stream.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
So apparently S1 stages suffered some graphical downgrades in S2, particularly Thunders stage but all were affected. It was pointed out in a thread at the official forums, Adam responded that they are going to investigate the issue.

http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php?topic=8348.0

Did anyone else notice this? I'm surprised the devs didn't see it.

Yea Spinal and Thunder's stages look much worse. I also miss the original lighting on Fulgore's stage :(

Never really noticed it though, I hope they follow through and fix it.

El Sabroso

the only difference I notice is that the win screen in the Glacius stage is super slow compared to others, haven't noticed if is only when winning with Fulgore

.la1n

So apparently S1 stages suffered some graphical downgrades in S2, particularly Thunders stage but all were affected. It was pointed out in a thread at the official forums, Adam responded that they are going to investigate the issue.

http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php?topic=8348.0

Did anyone else notice this? I'm surprised the devs didn't see it.

Wow, did not realize how big of a downgrade it is, especially for Thunder and Spinal's stages. Thunder's stage used to look great as rain increased, now it just gradually looks more awful.

Adam did say it was unintentional so I am sure they'll figure it out.

.la1n

I am kinda surprised I never noticed the change considering how big of a change it was

To be fair most of us probably don't spend a whole lot of time looking at the ground while playing. The only one I noticed was Fulgore's stage lighting changes but they specifically addressed why that is and it arguably is better for it.

Doukou

¡HarlequinPanic!;158446261 said:
anyone wanna copy paste some bullet points? site's blocked fo rme.

Jago:

All of Jago's Moves have been removed, he now only has Jumping HP

Sabrewulf:

Shadow Eclipse will see yet another change. Now cashes out 100% damage when it hits on wake-up.

Glacius:

We thought that removing Glacius' backdash would really sell everyone on the idea that he's not a character focused on mobility but it seems that the player base doesn't get it. So, to better enforce the play style that we envisioned for him, Glacius is now completely immobile

Thunder:

Due to player feedback about his damage output, we are giving him all of Fulgore's projectiles and lasers. Also throws sharks.

Sadira:

We feel players don't use the Web Balls enough so now Web Balls no longer go away after they're placed

Orchid:

Her grenades have been replaced with delightful Glitter Bombs. Easily disorients Riptor

Spinal:

Starts with full skulls, never loses skulls. Shadow Skull depletes opponents entire instinct bar instantly

Fulgore:

Now has a new command move that allows him to take his helmet off, exposing his true identity of Eagle, Thunder's long-lost brother. Unfortunately, because Eagle is now just a brain wired into Fulgore's head, this immediately kills Fulgore and ends Thunder's quest for the truth.

TJ Combo:

We have added Ultra-Breakers for everyone and given him full life bar on Last Breath
As promised we revisited TJ's autobarrage and found that it was not working as intended. The attacker currently has to put way too much effort into using it correctly. Hitting six different buttons in any order you want (without repeating!) can be very stressful, especially if you're in the middle of a fight. We've remedied this by upping the damage to 75% and made the attacker only have to press two individual buttons for the first two hits. The rest of the combo is now unbreakable and causes a permanent lockout on the opponent if they try to break it.

Maya:

Maya's daggers are now only usable during instinct, but they are unblockable.

Kan Ra:

No longer able to use Lights in combos.

Riptor:

Players have been breaking buttons so she no longer has HP or HK attacks.

Omen:

We didn't think it was fair that you couldn't always get 100% PD on your grab if the opponent wasn't at 100% health, so now the PD will carry over into the opponent's second health bar so you always get your 100%. If that was the last round the next opponent you face will start the game with the remaining PD on them from the previous fight.

Aganos:

Always has armor, even in the mirror match. Chunks auto-replenish.

Hisako:

Hisako is being removed from the game due to reports of Xbox Ones mysteriously moving around.

Sorry

Has anyone else noticed that finishing story mode on easy no longer unlocks the easy mode goal? I'm guessing this is a bug related to removing the n00b tier, but I've beat it on two different characters on easy without unlocking a portion of the picture.

Ghazi

What issues?
Various compatibility issues, latency, disconnects, I read one completely bricking a console, and more. Really worried me.
I have two and they work great. Complaints seem to be related to the original abandoned design before the Titan One/CM split and new model. I saw they recently addressed this on their Facebook page.

None that I'm aware of, but I also pretty much never play the game against anyone locally. My friends aren't into fighting games, certainly not ones I spend a bunch of time playing and they never touch; apparently they aren't into being punching bags. lol.

I've been using CronusMax, no issues here.
Hm. I'll see if I can try one from someone and then pick one up. I really want KI in my life, but I refuse to play any fighting game without a stick at this point.

Has anyone else noticed that finishing story mode on easy no longer unlocks the easy mode goal? I'm guessing this is a bug related to removing the n00b tier, but I've beat it on two different characters on easy without unlocking a portion of the picture.

Don't you have to unlock the endings to unlock a piece of the mural? Could be wrong but I thought that was how it worked.

Unless beating it on easy was to unlock an ending then, yeah, with the difficulty changes you might have to bump the difficulty up to medium or whatever is above easy.

Don't you have to unlock the endings to unlock a piece of the mural? Could be wrong but I thought that was how it worked.

Unless beating it on easy was to unlock an ending then, yeah, with the difficulty changes you might have to bump the difficulty up to medium or whatever is above easy.

Yes, every character has one ending unlocked by beating it on easy. I did that twice since the patch and neither one counted. I'm doing my best to beat them on medium to see if that fixes it, but obviously it's a lot harder.

Yes, every character has one ending unlocked by beating it on easy. I did that twice since the patch and neither one counted. I'm doing my best to beat them on medium to see if that fixes it, but obviously it's a lot harder.

Might be worth posting about it on the ultra-combo forums then. Seems like a pretty big oversight. Hopefully they can get it fixed soon.

derFeef

Played some Hisako vs. the CPU finally.
Great fun. Most fun character since Spinal for me. She's simple and I like that. Weirdly enough I could not do her Ultra, not once... (I'm lower than scrub)

hwalker84

Played some Hisako vs. the CPU finally.
Great fun. Most fun character since Spinal for me. She's simple and I like that. Weirdly enough I could not do her Ultra, not once... (I'm lower than scrub)
IG likes the cinematic pauses during their ultras. I hope Aria just wrecks you. The most vicious and meanest ultra there is please!!!

Gestault

I have nothing but my subjective reaction to base this on, but was there another resolution change in the last patch? The one which apparently came after the Hisako release?

Doukou

I have nothing but my subjective reaction to base this on, but was there another resolution change in the last patch? The one which apparently came after the Hisako release?

Nothing official but I feel like the lightning is a lot better, the difference with Aganos color 9 on many stages makes me feel like they did something, though they also changed its color 9 in this patch also.

.la1n

Nothing official but I feel like the lightning is a lot better, the difference with Aganos color 9 on many stages makes me feel like they did something, though they also changed its color 9 in this patch also.

Hopefully they are going to do something more with TJ's color 9 because that was a huge let down after working for level 50. It might as well just be one of the other colors.

vg260

Hopefully they are going to do something more with TJ's color 9 because that was a huge let down after working for level 50. It might as well just be one of the other colors.

Sabrewulf too. A lot were disappointing.

But TJ's #7s makes up for it for me.

Top Bottom