• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

.la1n

The current Cinder design is really amazing. I am so glad that the original concept art didn't end up being a thing, I would have been so disappointed. The final design they went with is easily my favorite looking character this season, good work guys.

Doukou

I like his new look but I think it would be cool if he was given an Alien set that looked like the one in the Old Concept art.

Skab

Cinder looks amazing, IMO. Really looking forward to seeing him properly in action.

Also sounds like they are, at the very least, giving serious consideration/looking into a PC version, but just don't want to commit to it yet. Although that could just be me being a bit too optimistic.

vg260

Also sounds like they are, at the very least, giving serious consideration/looking into a PC version, but just don't want to commit to it yet. Although that could just be me being a bit too optimistic.

Sounds to me like the standard type of response for it's gonna happen and just a matter of time, but we just can't confirm.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Oh man I love that new Cinder, Im pleasantly surprised at how much better this new version looks...what a massive improvement over that not so great original concept. Cant wait to see the finished product with fire effects and animations etc. IG is killing it lately.

Classic looks on point too! :)

.la1n

Is the in game model shown not the final model? Reading the textual stream is sounds like the mask you see in that isn't one they are using. Unfortunate if so because that design looks great.

Doukou

Is the in game model shown not the final model? Reading the textual stream is sounds like the mask you see in that isn't one they are using. Unfortunate if so because that design looks great.

No they added the mouth we saw earlier.

El Sabroso

amazing, too good day to read an hear a little more of Cinder, there is a lot of care for every detail that he is gonna be the best of the returning characters in terms of design

Pose comparison.

16839513819_03953d36a6_o.jpg

cinder_noflame.PNG

Doukou

i actually really like the original concept lol...but it reminds me too much of glacius.

Yah the hand pose even looks similar to the two hand one Glacius does. Both are rather lankey aliens with an element.
Kind of funny to think that the two characters who looked very similar back in the old games by being big bulky superhero-like, were almost the similar in this game by being lanky aliens.

Cinder looks good, excited to see it with all the effects turned on.

Only things that seem off to me are the lack of mouth and the legs. Having a mouth just seems like it would look better, especially since he's supposed to be cocky and snarky. His legs seem really thin too. I'm sure it'll look different with all the effects turned on but I wouldn't mind seeing them bulked up a little bit.

Outside of those fairly minor complaints though, he looks pretty great.

hwalker84

New cinder looks amazing. Can't wait to see what they do with season 3
Speaking of Season 3 they have Kim Wu, Tusk, and possibly Gargos (Though I doubt it).

I can't wait to see a season with primarily new characters. You think we'll get a guest character?

His new one looks a bit like Jago's so I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't made his skeleton yet.

I'm sure it'll be changed up a bit, I just can't wait to the slight changes as the days go on. ^^

Only things that seem off to me are the lack of mouth and the legs. Having a mouth just seems like it would look better, especially since he's supposed to be cocky and snarky. His legs seem really thin too. I'm sure it'll look different with all the effects turned on but I wouldn't mind seeing them bulked up a little bit.

But he does have a mouth. :p We saw it in the trailer for Hisako. And yeah, the legs are pretty weird looking. But I'm sure that the fire effects surrounding him will be covering all those spots up, making it look normal.

I hope Aria is just a chick with a suit on. Just normal, average looking but cocky with the skills to back it up.

I want an android. But the thing that I really want to know.. What does ARIA stand for.

.la1n

Cinder looks good, excited to see it with all the effects turned on.

Outside of those fairly minor complaints though, he looks pretty great.

He does have a mouth, they didn't keep the design that was a full mask that you are seeing in that image.

But he does have a mouth. :p We saw it in the trailer for Hisako. And yeah, the legs are pretty weird looking. But I'm sure that the fire effects surrounding him will be covering all those spots up, making it look normal..

He does have a mouth, they didn't keep the design that was a full mask that you are seeing in that image.

Oh, alright. Guess I was a bit confused by the structure of the textual stream then. I thought the image of him on his stage was the most up to date one but I guess not. I'm assuming the one from the Hisako teaser is the most current then?

.la1n

Oh, alright. Guess I was a bit confused by the structure of the textual stream then. I thought the image of him on his stage was the most up to date one but I guess not. I'm assuming the one from the Hisako teaser is the most current then?

It was a bit confusing because they said they added bulk since the trailer which was supposedly shown in that screen shot but the face in the trailer is more accurate than the screenshot? It's confusing. I think the whole work in progress structure of the textual stream made it kinda difficult to figure out where they are outside of definitely not the concept art.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???

It was a bit confusing because they said they added bulk since the trailer which was supposedly shown in that screen shot but the face in the trailer is more accurate than the screenshot? It's confusing. I think the whole work in progress structure of the textual stream made it kinda difficult to figure out where they are outside of definitely not the concept art.
I could be wrong but the way I read it was that newer concept with his stance and new stage in the background IS the latest version..it's the one in the teaser that is old and has been dramatically revised. (Maybe wishful thinking)

And they just simply added a mouth that can revealed by dissapearing Hexagons like shown in the one head picture...

.la1n

If that is the final design then I really like it, having it fade away to reveal his mouth when necessary is okay with me as long as it's not how he always looks.

Okay, it's bad. Lol

Although, as I see it that way, I don't see how it needed to be zoomed out as far as it is now.

Doesn't bother me either way. But that's an interesting thing to actually see. ^^

Doukou

Okay, it's bad. Lol

Although, as I see it that way, I don't see how it needed to be zoomed out as far as it is now.

You also have to keep in mind that Aganops has a plethora of animations that make its 'body' stretch out longer. Hell just standing with the club make it a bit taller.

You also have to keep in mind that Aganops has a plethora of animations that make its 'body' stretch out longer. Hell just standing with the club make it a bit taller.

Doukou pls

How are you going to delete the last part. It doesn't bother me. It's just interesting to actually see how it would have looked without it being zoomed out.

Doukou

Doukou pls

How are you going to delete the last part. It doesn't bother me. It's just interesting to actually see how it would have looked without it being zoomed out.

Agreed, personally I think it would be cool if in story mode the screen is normal size and Aganos is a mini boss for most characters, it really helps sells his size when he just blocks half the screen.

.la1n

Do you guys have any opinions on ultimates coming back? I feel like it's probably work that would be better spent elsewhere, the stage ultras are plenty good enough in my opinion. Adam made it sound like ultimates would require a huge amount of work considering stages weren't designed with them in mind and every character would need significant work to incorporate them.

El Sabroso

I'm sad, really want the option of Ultimates since it is a quick way to end a match rather than just Ultra and MP+MK, stage ultras are cool tho

.la1n

I'm sad, really want the option of Ultimates since it is a quick way to end a match rather than just Ultra and MP+MK, stage ultras are cool tho

I think they could implement ultimate style finishers but obviously much less involved than Shadow Jagos for instance. Something similar to MK's new brutalities but obviously less graphic. Utilizing current moves or animations so that it wouldn't take as much work.

Side question: Adam mentioned that after an Ultra is initiated you can quit a match but I'm not aware of a quick way to exit the match. Does he mean actually close KI during an ultra and then restart the game from scratch every time? Or can you actually press start and quit after its initiated?

Uraizen

Banned
Can somebody here PM me the site to buy a Titan One, Chronus Max, or whatever is the preferred device to use a stick with the Xbone? I have a stick for every system except the Xbone and Wii U. I don't know if the sites you get them from are... kosher.

Agreed, personally I think it would be cool if in story mode the screen is normal size and Aganos is a mini boss for most characters, it really helps sells his size when he just blocks half the screen.

But Aganos doesn't fit for a mini-boss. xP

Do you guys have any opinions on ultimates coming back? I feel like it's probably work that would be better spent elsewhere, the stage ultras are plenty good enough in my opinion. Adam made it sound like ultimates would require a huge amount of work considering stages weren't designed with them in mind and every character would need significant work to incorporate them.

I don't really care for them returning, since we at least have Stage Ultras. But I would much rather have Ultimates than Stage Ultras though.

I'd love to have ultimates, but they would porbably have to be toned down for the T rating. They were obviously meant to compete with Fatalities from MK, but I just don't think they fit in with the new game. To be completely honest I don't think the game really even needs the excess blood.

They should bring back humiliations instead :D

Top5Dance2.gif

El Sabroso

I think they could implement ultimate style finishers but obviously much less involved than Shadow Jagos for instance. Something similar to MK's new brutalities but obviously less graphic. Utilizing current moves or animations so that it wouldn't take as much work.

Yeah, does not have to be too cinematic, but can be an alternate finish blow than the ultra ender

Side question: Adam mentioned that after an Ultra is initiated you can quit a match but I'm not aware of a quick way to exit the match. Does he mean actually close KI during an ultra and then restart the game from scratch every time? Or can you actually press start and quit after its initiated?

I think but still the opponent gets the message that other person abandoned the match, meaning that your +100 hits ultra will not end as you wish

I'd love to have ultimates, but they would porbably have to be toned down for the T rating. They were obviously meant to compete with Fatalities from MK, but I just don't think they fit in with the new game. To be completely honest I don't think the game really even needs the excess blood.

They should bring back humiliations instead :D

Top5Dance2.gif

now that should cost more work than just a finishing blow, but have to agree are more preferable

I don't like what they did with Cinder. I mean if this was a reboot of the canon fine but this game is in the same universe as the first 2 games its essentially KI 3 so how did Cinder go from a gruff american prisoner who gets experimented on with chemicals to an alien bounty hunter with what sounds like a more sophisticated accent? I hope they explain that new Cinder and old Cinder are 2 separate characters because otherwise it doesn't make sense.

.la1n

I don't like what they did with Cinder. I mean if this was a reboot of the canon fine but this game is in the same universe as the first 2 games its essentially KI 3 so how did Cinder go from a gruff american prisoner who gets experimented on with chemicals to an alien bounty hunter with what sounds like a more sophisticated accent? I hope they explain that new Cinder and old Cinder are 2 separate characters because otherwise it doesn't make sense.

It is a reboot in the sense that it only uses parts of the lore but it's not a direct sequel.

Skab

It is a reboot though.

And the new Cinder is not an alien. It's still Ben Ferris.

Top Bottom