• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Heatshade

Neo Member
they really need to learn to shout from the rooftops when something is about to happen :p

5L4LfcC.png

Dang! Them guys, I knew it was close.

Doukou

I'll probably be able to watch unless it goes over a hour and 40 mins.

I wonder what took so long for them to give out the info. Usually we get more than a days heads up. Fire Effects must be messing up planning.

Recent game releases have solidified my love for KI. Really hope the last character in season 2 is not the last of the new KI.

Anybody know who the last character might be?

.la1n

Yeah, Adam did mention he had been brainstorming new character ideas for a hypothetical Season 3. I think there's a very good chance we will get one, I guess IG has a lot of work ahead if they want a portion of Season 3 out this year.

hwalker84

Yeah, Adam did mention he had been brainstorming new character ideas for a hypothetical Season 3. I think there's a very good chance we will get one, I guess IG has a lot of work ahead if they want a portion of Season 3 out this year.

I'd guarantee they have several characters for season 3 already in various stages.

Uraizen

Banned

Didn't an MS employee let it slip during an interview that they signed a contract going up to Season 3?

Uraizen

Banned
I don't think so. I only remember teases and more information later.

I swear to God, I remember hearing it on a live stream. It was one of those demonstrations they do at E3 and show off their game. One of them was playing silently while the other was talking about it. It's frustrating knowing you've seen it and have no clue where you could begin to search for proof.

Doukou

I swear to God, I remember hearing it on a live stream. It was one of those demonstrations they do at E3 and show off their game. One of them was playing silently while the other was talking about it. It's frustrating knowing you've seen it and have no clue where you could begin to search for proof.

Sounds like GDC which was Hisako stream. Don't remember any accidental leaks.

They probably want to make it more of an informal longer stream like they did with Hisako.

I expect it to be a pretty long stream with the time it's going up. I don't even know what to expect from it. :V

6pm means I'll be home from work and can watch it. :p :)

But yeah I hate when I can't catch the streams live, especially for a character reveal like Cinder.

Well well, I might be able to watch it afterall! ;)

You know for a fucking Cinder reveal at 6pm CST I would hope we could at least hit 6000 viewers. MK NRS streams get 35k without blinking lol.

Well we aren't at the MK community level...yet....

No pre-release hype, console exclusive, zero paid marketing...ehh lol

That accessory set looks pretty cool, I like it.

Also really like how Cinder is shaping up. People were yelling OP in the chat but I'm not so sure. He has a lot of tools, yeah, but it seems like it's going to be difficult for him to use them all effectively. I'm thinking he'll sort of be like Kan-Ra, lot of potential with a high skill ceiling.

Doukou

That accessory set looks pretty cool, I like it.

Also really like how Cinder is shaping up. People were yelling OP in the chat but I'm not so sure. He has a lot of tools, yeah, but it seems like it's going to be difficult for him to use them all effectively. I'm thinking he'll sort of be like Kan-Ra, lot of potential with a high skill ceiling.

That's what I'm thinking. He has a lot of tools but they are rather, I don't know, unorthodox.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Cinder looks pretty good, I LOVE his look during Instinct mode. They said he's not finished so hopefully his design and effects will be even better when released.

And yeah the the constant chanting of 'OP' from the chat was exhausting but completely expected. :|

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
K.I characters have such better model design than MKX. There's so little moving parts on MK characters (females look oddly goofy without ANY breasts physics, the hair is generally really meh, half the clothes look glued to their models and deform unnaturally with their motions), and some of the ones they do have look really spotty (D'vora's cape/cloak).

But it's that playability... I know crazy Cinder will work and respond just as I want him... mkx still has annoying cancel windows and odd button priority, regardless of which options I change.

MKX excels in story and writing, has obviously higher res texture work (most of the time) and it's character loading is nice, though I'm more than happy trading brief seconds to see custom options on screen BEFORE selection. But K.I's core is sooooo much better it's daunting. Which sucks because I really wanna enjoy the Mkx characters even more.

I wasn't too fond of Cinder, honestly.

I knew things would end up changing, but I just couldn't like what was brought.

---------------

Things I didn't like:

- Fire Flash; I don't like the way he does it and his fire effect with it is kind of 'meh' I'm sad that he doesn't even do double flips.

- His body. I got used to the way it looked, the design grew on me. Looks pretty good up close, but from far off.. It just doesn't seem right?

- The pyrobombs. It would have been pretty cool for another character, but Cinder. Raaah.

- His throw. Lol. Didn't like wind up on him.

What I did like:

- His colors are really good. I love every one of them.

- Trailblazer. I liked the addition of controlling where you want to go, and additional Trailblazers as well.

- Reverse Fireflash. It fits, even if it's another Hisako situation. xP But again, those fire effects. >.<

- The move where you light your opponent on fire is pretty damn awesome. Whatever color you end up choosing is what will appear on the opponent. Which looks great!

Edit:

- Inferno looks pretty damn great as well.

- Intro/Outro are pretty great.

Doukou

K.I characters have such better model design than MKX. There's so little moving parts on MK characters (females look oddly goofy without ANY breasts physics, the hair is generally really meh, half the clothes look glued to their models and deform unnaturally with their motions), and some of the ones they do have look really spotty (D'vora's cape/cloak).
Can't comment on MKX but I think the models turn out so well in KI since its a mix of cartoon and realism where other games go one direction. This allows detail yet also allows for more bright colors, body shapes and effects.
Injustice really disappointed me model wise. His name is Green Lantern surely you can make him bright green. Though I imagine that was WB/DC involvement also.

Things I didn't like:

- His throw. Lol. Didn't like wind up on him.
I can't accept this his throw is my favorite throw in the game(unless you count Aganos Bat swing.)

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Yeah I'm just going on the assumption that his effects in general will all look better when he's finished. That was certainly the case for Hisako.

I agree with Bat about fireflash though, I would rather see the much tighter backflip animation over Guiles 'flash kick' look but eh. Or how bout at least have the level 4 ender be a double backflip just like the ender in KI1.

CI can't accept this his throw is my favorite throw in the game(unless you count Aganos Bat swing.)

That's your favorite, not mine. :p

Troubled Bat: the fire "swoosh" effect you see is unfinished, that's why it looks kind of meh right now :)

Mmm. Then we shall see later down the road!

The fire effect for Fire Flash is a teaser of the new Contra coming to Xbox One

/kappa

Lol. I had to get that pointed out to me. :p

.la1n

It's trailer / character release bet time. I'm going with trailer this Friday the 24th with Cinder released for Ultra pack owners on the 30th.

Top Bottom