• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
It's trailer / character release bet time. I'm going with trailer this Friday the 24th with Cinder released for Ultra pack owners on the 30th.
Yeah I'm thinking 30th for ultra owners also, I'm betting IG needs every day they can get to finish Cinder before the end of the month.

.la1n

I did see Max said he had work to do yesterday so I assume they are finishing up the trailer next day or two.

vg260

I'm kinda lukewarm on Cinder. More looking forward to Aria.

I hope they have had enough time to really get him in the state they want him and not rush him out just to meet a monthly deadline. I'd be ok if he slipped a week or two if it means the result is better.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Cinder trailer: 12:01a.m. on the 30th, release 3:00a.m. pdt onward of the same day! ;) So hot, they couldn't contain him.

Since I won't really pick up Cinder, I do wanna see ARIA more. What will she look like?

Fulgore with boobs?
1980s TMNT Krang?
Excella Gionne from ResiEvil 5?
Kerry Washington a'la Scandal?
Eddie Murphy in a fat suit?
Seven of Nine?
Major Motoko Kusanagi?
R2-D2?
A Beholder with legs?

I kinda hope her apperance totally throws everything we assume about Ultratech for some kinda loop. I even hope she has 2 forms or something. More "Bloody Roar" full change style, less "Shinnok becomes an uber demon underling".

.la1n

the character loading/stuttering is embarrassing for a 1st party game.

Character loading not so much, there is a multitude of colors / accessory combinations that has to be accounted for. The stuttering on the character select movement cursor, however, should have never been a thing.

Also a side question, does anyone else notice an audio problem with Orchid's introduction. Her intro speech seems to be more difficult to hear than anyone else in the cast, maybe an audio balance issue?

...and what does this mean?

https://twitter.com/KillerInstinct/status/590932246451761152

it seems maybe just launching the official KI twitter:

https://twitter.com/KillerInstinct/status/590954181172727808

It turned out to just be their new Twitter account for all KI related announcements.

Yeah but maybe it's meant as a tease for her in addition to that? Maybe not though. I don't know, it just seems odd to make all that for the creation of a twtter account. Of course it's entirely possible I'm grasping at straws.

.la1n

I am very interested in seeing the ARIA tease because with the rest of the season I had a general idea of what the character might end up looking like, with her I have absolutely no idea.

.la1n

Little off topic but I wonder if they have "fixed" Omen's combo breaker yet. It's the only combo breaker in the game that puts you at disadvantage. Everyone else it's just a reset to neutral but for Omen his breaker sends the opponent so far out it isn't a true reset to neutral option. It's really odd, I thought I would have seen more people bringing it up.

Doukou

Little off topic but I wonder if they have "fixed" Omen's combo breaker yet. It's the only combo breaker in the game that puts you at disadvantage. Everyone else it's just a reset to neutral but for Omen his breaker sends the opponent so far out it isn't a true reset to neutral option. It's really odd, I thought I would have seen more people bringing it up.

If I remembering correctly(haven't played Omen in awhile) I like it the way it is since it allows me to get some energy ball throws in which leads to a set up.

El Sabroso

.la1n

A pristine look is what I was expecting but I still dig it. I'm one of the people who really liked Aganos' design to begin with. I wonder if any of his accessories sneak in a broccoli look lol.

.la1n

I wonder if that is the redone original Cindee theme since Aganos is in idle? Hard to make out of course.

Also seems odd that he would have the ball instead of a hand if this is his look before he started replacing parts.

Heatshade

Neo Member
I wonder if that is the redone original Cindee theme since Aganos is in idle? Hard to make out of course.

Also seems odd that he would have the ball instead of a hand if this is his look before he started replacing parts.

He looks exactly like the elder golem that appears when you trigger an ultra in the Aganos stage.
Only just figured that out, lol.

dankir

So after Cinder it's Aria and then what S2 story mode update? Dojo for all characters and that's it until Fall when S3 is unveiled?

Skab

So after Cinder it's Aria and then what S2 story mode update? Dojo for all characters and that's it until Fall when S3 is unveiled?

I wouldn't be surprised if the story mode stuff came with Aria.

And unless I am mistaken (which I very well could be.) Dojo mode for everyone is still in the Things They Would Like To Do Someday category and hasn't been confirmed for Season 2.

Doukou

I wouldn't be surprised if the story mode stuff came with Aria.

And unless I am mistaken (which I very well could be.) Dojo mode for everyone is still in the Things They Would Like To Do Someday category and hasn't been confirmed for Season 2.

Story mode is in June, was said during GDC.

I've been Mia for a while, do we have anything of cinder yet?

yes lots of info actually!

here's the hero image:

Cinder_HeroArt.jpg

Here is the Cinder Reveal Stream

Thanks fellas! Man Cinder looks great! I'm buying season 2 ultra now. I was gonna try hold out until it was on sale. it's worth the money with all the time ive put into season 1 so far

Heatshade

Neo Member
Anyone else lost data progress recently?
It seems like my levels have reset to the day before. I play for a bit and turn off my xbox, then turn it on again and it has not saved any of my progress.

Is Iron Galaxy aware of this?
Its really annoying and keeps me from playing the game at the moment.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Anyone else lost data progress recently?
It seems like my levels have reset to the day before. I play for a bit and turn off my xbox, then turn it on again and it has not saved any of my progress.

Is Iron Galaxy aware of this?
Its really annoying and keeps me from playing the game at the moment.

It's happened to me once before. But only once in over 100 hours of play. No idea what happened. I assume it has something to do with the save not uploading to the cloud properly before I went to play again so it just took the cloud save instead of the cached save?

But that's just a guess.

Top Bottom