• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLER IS DEAD |OT| LOVE AND KILL

Ivan 3414

Are the KID TV episodes subbed? I remember one being subbed before but I can't find the rest. They're really interesting in a creepy, weird sort of way; it would probably be for the best if I understood them, if only slight so. <_<

Cheddahz

Banned
This thread is just as dead as the sale numbers

I'll probably pick it up when it is cheap, most Suda games usually tend to fall in price pretty quickly and it doesn't help that I didn't care for Lollipop Chainsaw

Ridley327

I'm up to mission 7 thus far, and I will agree with those who are saying that this is the weirdest GHM game of them all. There's so many subsystems at play, and the fractal nature of the narrative makes it virtually impenetrable to understand.

The art style...so good.

I wonder if the majority of the people playing this right now recognized Audrey Hepburn.

She was gorgeous.

Played it a little more last night. What's everyone's fastest time on the Weight Limit side mission? I was able to rock it in 1:25. If I time adrenaline mode a little better, I'm pretty sure I can get it under a minute.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
How are the artbook and soundtrack? Good enough to make it worth getting the game now at full price VS waiting for the inevitable price drop?

Ridley327

How are the artbook and soundtrack? Good enough to make it worth getting the game now at full price VS waiting for the inevitable price drop?

They're definitely of a good quality, but the box itself is kinda "eh," due to going with a tray design for the guts, which could be a problem with getting it shipped out and having the front of the box cave in.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
They're definitely of a good quality, but the box itself is kinda "eh," due to going with a tray design for the guts, which could be a problem with getting it shipped out and having the front of the box cave in.

Artcover or softcover? Many pages? glossy paper? Mainly concept art? :p

I guess I'll try to find pictures somewhere.

Ridley327

Artcover or softcover? Many pages? glossy paper? Mainly concept art? :p

I guess I'll try to find pictures somewhere.

It's 80-pages and hardcover. I haven't opened it up yet for what I imagine are spoiler-related reasons, but the brief glance I had of it suggested that the paper was of decent artbook quality.

Himself

I'm up to mission 7 thus far, and I will agree with those who are saying that this is the weirdest GHM game of them all. There's so many subsystems at play, and the fractal nature of the narrative makes it virtually impenetrable to understand.

This is the most compelling reason I've heard to play the game so far.

I think the fact the people discounting the combat aren't mentioning Dodge Burst, Adrenaline Burst and Final Judgement speaks volumes. It's all about Just Dodge and Just Guard, making that sword blue and lighting fast, then wiping out a whole room of enemies in seconds. If you're just dodging enemies and repeating the same moves over and over well, that's your fault.

Edit:

Just got my Weight Limit time to 1:11. Hmmm...

And 1:07 with
Ulti Mondo.
Hmm, I'll keep on trying. :)

Ridley327

This is the most compelling reason I've heard to play the game so far.

The game is so close to being totally incomprehensible at any given moment. On one hand, it makes interested to see if there's any hope of everything being tied together in a mindblowing manner, as was the case for Killer7, but on the other hand, it's pretty much the most off-putting game that I've played in a long time.

I definitely took to Lollipop Chainsaw much, much, much faster than I have with this game.

It's 80-pages and hardcover. I haven't opened it up yet for what I imagine are spoiler-related reasons, but the brief glance I had of it suggested that the paper was of decent artbook quality.

I'm really tempted by the fan edition because of that book. I wonder if it will sell out before the price drops.

dubq

My copy apparently shipped on Tuesday but I have yet to see it.. usually I get these things same-day from Gamestop. :(

Tain

I shouldn't have posted this in the reviews thread, I'll put it here too:

I started up the PS3 version yesterday, and am I crazy or does this game ALWAYS tear? Even at full performance? That first room with the TV in it certainly doesn't have much going on to cause it to tear like that... It like they had UE3 cap out at 30fps rather than using "real" vsync, so even when it runs at 30fps the updates aren't tied to your display's updates and you get this constant subtle tearing. That's really weird for a console game. Why would they do that?

Carnby

I'm really tempted by the fan edition because of that book. I wonder if it will sell out before the price drops.

I haven't opened my copy for this reason. If I can get the Limited Edition cheaper by the end of this month, I'll buy it and return my other copy.

Glad I'm not the only one digging it. Heh. How far along are you? Same for you Persona, what mission are you on?

Edit:

Holy shit, the story on the second playthrough. :O So many hints! :D

Yep, it's a game for Suda-Fans. The combat isn't as deep as Bayonetta or DMC but It's pure fun to kill 6-7 enemis in seconds (MGR Revengeance style).

I finished mission 6 and did some side missions and gigolo missions (two of them already at rank AAA ^^)

Mission 5 was boring though.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Just as I was wondering if I should cancel my order, and it finally shipped... Guess it's too late to change my mind!

I'm more of a fan of "old-school" Suda games like Killer7 and NMH, and less of Lollipop Chainsaw, so I guess I should normally enjoy that game at least a little bit...?

I wasn't really liking the game the first few episodes but once I started upgrading my stats and such, I had a lot of fun with this more than I thought. Same thing happened for Lollipop Chainsaw. Once you start unlocking more stuff it gets better.

MattyH

ive only played the first 2 chapters (had a few teeth out today so im sedated up to the eyeballs) and i liked what i played will play more tomorrow

Just to say the frame rate seems perfectly solid. I don't think I've seen it drop at all.

The issue is screen tearing. It's not that it drops, it's that it barely finishes rendering the frames.

All first print copies of the game come in the box. I kinda doubt there will ever be a second printing of this game, so you're probably fine.

I'll keep an eye out.

Boring OT

The hell?

ive only played the first 2 chapters (had a few teeth out today so im sedated up to the eyeballs) and i liked what i played will play more tomorrow

killer-is-dead-thumbs-up.jpg

george_us

Of the two Suda51 games I've played, I loved Lollipop Chainsaw but was kind of 'meh' on Shadows of the Damned. Feels like I'm taking a chance on this one so hopefully it works out!

sharnaak

Getting this shipped in probably after the weekend, amazon still hasn't sent out EU orders, or at least mine. I'll come back to post some impressions on monday evening I guess!

Top Bottom