• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer is Dead (PC) |OT| F*** Off Into Space!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Game crashes in chapter 2, usually before/after the third wave of enemies comes in through those double doors. Can't seem to get past it. Oh well, guess I'll wait for a patch.

Game looks and feels much better at 1080/60fps, here's hoping they patch it so I can actually play it.

Verify Integrity of Game Cache and you need to set the framerate again after that.

BONKERS

I have decided to mess around with the settings on the inspector.

I think it looks fine for most of the part.The settings I used are mostly the Dark Souls II settings.
KuGsj.gif

Read the Moon Secret File and you might see something regarding Moon River and the Unicorn. It makes some connections a bit easier to tie up.

Remove the 1 and change the 5 to a 1 in that AA flag.

Better quality trust me.

Vazra

I did this and it made the button mashing worse (couldn't get past 40 on the revives), and the boss in episode 5 you can't be revived even after using the RT method.

Follow the info on the OT which was updated to fix the revive QTE

Tizoc

Man this game is hard as fuck for me (bosses). And I am playing it in Normal. I do not even want to image what the fuck I will face later on but definitely will replay the shit out of it!

Learn to do Dodge Counters and regular block Counters and they become easy to defeat.

Anbec7

Are there costumes mods for this yet?
This game really looks interesting and beautiful in PC (for obvious reasons)

Mononoke

Banned
Well, I still haven't had any crashes. Not in the Gigolo missions or anything else. Still going smooth. This game is awesome so far. Loving it.

Tizoc

And Killer 7 Blood mechanics, killer7: Killer Is Dead(Story to understand Dan Smith better), The Moon References. Im sure there might be more stuff.

Let me add more shots of Scarlett

Someone make a 60 FPS+ webm of that scene please.

In fact someone make (short) webm of all the Gigolo scenes.

Mononoke

Banned
I'm only on Challenge 3...but it says I can only use Guard Break. That's just mashing Y right? I feel like I'm doing it wrong, because I'm having to hit it a lot, and there is no way this is doing enough damage to kill 10 people within the given time limit. I'm sure it's probably something simple and I'm just dense.

EDIT: Yep I'm an idiot. Lol Figured it out. The instructions only SAY use the exploding wires. Derp.

Vazra

Ah, Weight Limit, old friend. Get over here and give me all your money.
So easy to farm there.
I'm only on Challenge 3...but it says I can only use Guard Break. That's just mashing Y right? I feel like I'm doing it wrong, because I'm having to hit it a lot, and there is no way this is doing enough damage to kill 10 people within the given time limit. I'm sure it's probably something simple and I'm just dense.

EDIT: Yep I'm an idiot. Lol Figured it out. The instructions only SAY use the exploding wires. Derp.
LOL. I had a few moments like that.

Drain You

Bought the special edition day one on 360 and gladly double dipped on steam for $20. I for one really enjoy the story, I think it is pretty interesting. Couple of one liners I really liked, something along the lines of I left all my fear on the moon or something.

Drain You

Which one?

it is in one of the earlier missions. I just remember it being a hilarious dialogue. Something like "Oh we are fighting a monster...looks like im gonna fight a monster...(Mika chimes in) WE FIGHT MONSTERS"

I'm kinda drunk right now, I'll replay the mission im talking about tomorrow and give you useful response.

Vazra

it is in one of the earlier missions. I just remember it being a hilarious dialogue. Something like "Oh we are fighting a monster...looks like im gonna fight a monster...(Mika chimes in) WE FIGHT MONSTERS"

I'm kinda drunk right now, I'll replay the mission im talking about tomorrow and give you useful response.

The Giant?

JoeFenix

Mission 51 was some Z tier garbage stuff.

The boss fight.... oh man, who the fuck designs this shit? If anyone is still playing on Very Hard for their first playthrough, just do yourself a favor and turn back now.

Terrible design. 3 health bars of pure action game diarrhea.

Vazra

Is there japanese voice acting in this version because i cant seem to find the option.

Main menu has the language options

The boss fight.... oh man, who the fuck designs this shit? If anyone is still playing on Very Hard for their first playthrough, just do yourself a favor and turn back now.

Nightmare Mode? LOL

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Mission 51 has a few cool sections in it, but it is definitely not one of my favorite chapters, and yes, the boss is definitely the worst boss in the game.

Just tried it out 4k downsampling to 1440p with 8x SGSSAA, runs like a charm. Its sad because I have to leave my PC at home for a month whilst I go back to England I would love to take this with me. Here's a quick picture downsampled to 1080p with 8x SGSSAA

KiraXD

Is there japanese voice acting in this version because i cant seem to find the option.

Go to Folder Killer Is Dead > KidGame > Config

Open: KidEngine.ini

ctrl-F to search for Language

Change Language=INT to Language=JPN

It will unlock the options in game as well so you can switch back and forth if you want.

Thanks to everyone for the lovely screenshots and to Gravelord_Nito for the secret files.

I have to kindy request more screenshots of Natalia and Betty please. Especially of Natalia in her Foundation lingerie when you seal the deal =) Natalia's extra outfit would also be a plus but that means getting a AAA rank on "A Damsel In Distress" which isn't all that easy.

I really need a new PC just for this game.

Dr Dogg

Leaderboards were online when I tried it the other day. Unfortunately they seemed pretty useless because from what I could gather, it was total money collected.

I think that's pretty much how they functioned in the PS3 version. I don't know what else you could rank other than score per episode or cash per episode. They'll get hacked anyway as all leaderboards do!

Problem must be my end though as it still comes up with errors. Maybe I should upgrade my internet connection from two tin cans on a piece of string.

Remove the 1 and change the 5 to a 1 in that AA flag.

Better quality trust me.

Oooooh yes it is. I was using the default UE3 flags and this is better quality and less of a performance hit. Cheers BONK.

KiraXD

Shoot/Dodge/Slash/repeat...

Easy, i wouldnt say garbage... its an "extra" stage so its not like its gonna be the BEST mission ever...

JoeFenix

Shoot/Dodge/Slash/repeat...

Easy, i wouldnt say garbage... its an "extra" stage so its not like its gonna be the BEST mission ever...

3 health bars that need to be whittled down with gunshots from a gun powered by a limited resource. Minions that spawn just to act as batteries to replenish your meter so you can resume firing at the boss for 10 minutes.

It's just abysmal.

Zafir

I think that's pretty much how they functioned in the PS3 version. I don't know what else you could rank other than score per episode or cash per episode. They'll get hacked anyway as all leaderboards do!

Problem must be my end though as it still comes up with errors. Maybe I should upgrade my internet connection from two tin cans on a piece of string.
Oh it would be fine if it was cash per episode, but it isn't. As i said, it's cash earned overall. ^^ Consequently, it's just whoever has played the game the most, rather than who has managed to procure the most money from a given mission. That is of course unless there's another place where you can check individual episode boards. I was looking at the one in the office menu.

I do recall the PS3 version being the same, yeah.

Dr Dogg

Well did Episode 7 looks ever better with a silky smooth framerate and zero tearing, really kicks this game up a notch in my favourites list. You could say that "They’re Grrrrreat!"

Oh it would be fine if it was cash per episode, but it isn't. As i said, it's cash earned overall. ^^ Consequently, it's just whoever has played the game the most, rather than who has managed to procure the most money from a given mission. That is of course unless there's another place where you can check individual episode boards. I was looking at the one in the office menu.

I do recall the PS3 version being the same, yeah.

Who wants to know how much cash someone has earned. Chapter completion times per difficulty would be nice as would max combos. Maybe spiced with with a no hit flag. Still it's not quite on the level if a DMC or Bayonetta in terms of depth but Rising has few but well refined mechanics that scored you quite well (that also didn't have leaderboards).

Dr Dogg

Well only two more episodes to do then I've got the story complete. Trying to take my time and enjoy it as everything unfolds though. Really tempted to do a no hud, stupidly high res playthrough though and record the whole lot. Gamersyde accept 40Mbit vids from users these days right? ;)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Well only two more episodes to do then I've got the story complete. Trying to take my time and enjoy it as everything unfolds though. Really tempted to do a no hud, stupidly high res playthrough though and record the whole lot. Gamersyde accept 40Mbit vids from users these days right? ;)

I'm afraid we don't have enough storage to do let's play or playthrough videos, sadly.

Top Bottom