• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer is Dead (PC) |OT| F*** Off Into Space!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
OK woke up and am changing the .ini file, but have a few questions.
I've edited the following registery so it is like this

I just need to set MaxSmoothed to 60, do I need to change Min as well?

Secondly, I can't find these lines of code in the Kidengine.ini

I open it using Notepad and do Control+F but nothing shows up.
EDIT: OP, update that the Mika thing is in GameEngine.ini not in KidEngine!

I did that on KidGame.ini not KidEngine. There is no GameEngine on my files. >.>

TwistedSyn

More 4K!

1pM.jpg

2pM.jpg

4pM.jpg

5pM.jpg

6pM.jpg

7pM.jpg

8pM.jpg

9pM.jpg

Dr Dogg

Has anyone found any working SLI bits? That Episode 5 boss fight murdered my framerate with the bonkers amount of alpha effects going on. Which is a right pain as I've got a second card sat there doing nowt. Still it's amazing how much more vibrant this game looks with a way cleaner image.

Hmm I'm guessing the reason for that isbecause I checked GameEngine.ini BEFORE runnin the game. Maybe th ini fils share their data between them?

Depends. Sometimes they cascade over one another in a certain order, sometimes they all do the same thing. I've always looked out for time stamps on the files when altering in game settings as that's usually the end point to which the game responds to. I go with the set with the most currently updated dates.

Vazra

Finished the game. Back to replay the game lol

The Secret Files and being able to rewatch cutscenes quicker really helps to understand the game more. Even the Unicorn is explained.

Dr Dogg

Finished the game. Back to replay the game lol

The Secret Files and being able to rewatch cutscenes quicker really helps to understand the game more. Even the Unicorn is explained.

Actually I was wondering where the replay theatre was. Does it unlock after you clear the game? In two minds whether to bash it out today or wait until PlayFire gets some rewards up but it's too pretty to resist.

Actually I was wondering where the replay theatre was. Does it unlock after you clear the game? In two minds whether to bash it out today or wait until PlayFire gets some rewards up but it's too pretty to resist.

Yeah the cutscene theatre unlocks once you complete the game. I just unlocked it.

Dr Dogg

Yeah the cutscene theatre unlocks once you complete the game. I just unlocked it.

*welp* that's it then. Weekend confirmed!

Might post some pics a bit later since I've been mashing the screenshot key more than the action ones. Though I am get to the point where they might be getting a bit spoilery so we'll see.

Vazra

You've piqued my interest. Is it all text? I wonder if my PC could even handle KID.

All Text. It talks from the characters to the meanings of the moon and other planets symbolism used on the game. It talks more about the wires and more background for David and other characters that you might not even care about. It's pretty good if you ask me and it makes it easier to understand the story and many of the why this happened and definitely understand better what happened at the ending.

Fixed the Mikamash through the ini. Thinking about tinkering with the other variables on subsequent playthroughs, see ones for dash limits, walk speeds, slow motion. Oh yes, Killer is Customizable. :D

Fixed the Mikamash through the ini. Thinking about tinkering with the other variables on subsequent playthroughs, see ones for dash limits, walk speeds, slow motion. Oh yes, Killer is Customizable. :D
I need to dig through and fix the left stick waggle stun QTE, it feels like I'm standing there for 5+ seconds when that should only take a couple tops. I guess I'll play around at 30fps for a bit and see if it's really supposed to take that long to get out of stun or not.

I love it when the game does that, as it happened to me a lot when I played on PS3.

Mondo goes into horse stance, slides to his enemy and slashes them up.

Just enjoy its silliness ;)

Yeah, the slide when you click the trigger was always there. Reminded me of a variant ice skating Tate from Shinobi. Feels really good to do it to a room full of grunts.

So good to get rid of the tearing, it was really bad in some levels.
Thread title should've been: The mission... engaging v-sync.

Gotta hand it to the artists that created the female characters, they're hot as hell.
Keep in mind that completing a gigolo mission a second time will give you an extended cutscene at the end.

Mononoke

Banned
I have a weird 21:9 monitor, and GTX-680s SLI. Was able to get this up and running at my resolution as well as 60 FPS without any issues. But I just barely started. So I guess I'll see if I have crashes with the gigolo missions or what not.

So far I'm loving this game. I've always been a big fan of Suda, and really wanted to play this (but I had already moved on from PS3/360 by the time it came out, so I was waiting for a PC port). But yeah, I didn't have any issues with making the changes to get things to work. Was pretty quick and easy.

Dr Dogg

Those picks are neato, Nito ;)

I winder when Leaderboards will come online? Keeps on saying I'm not connected to the internet on 2 machines so far.

TwistedSyn

Beautiful stuff there Nito.

As for me I am trying to tool with Nvidia Inspector to get rid of some aliasing. The biggest culprit of it is on episode 6 with the floor tiles at the beginning of the level.

Though when I apply the settings it doesn't change it.

Here are the settings.

Dr Dogg

As for me I am trying to tool with Nvidia Inspector to get rid of some aliasing. The biggest culprit of it is on episode 6 with the floor tiles at the beginning of the level.

Though when I apply the settings it doesn't change it.

Here are the settings.

Try these bits just under Antialiasing combat ability (it's a DX9 game afterall ;) )

0x080100C5

Work a treat for me. Now if I could just get SLI up and running...

Astarte

I have decided to mess around with the settings on the inspector.

I think it looks fine for most of the part.The settings I used are mostly the Dark Souls II settings.
KuGsj.gif

Read the Moon Secret File and you might see something regarding Moon River and the Unicorn. It makes some connections a bit easier to tie up.

I now understand this, this is totally rad. Things are starting to come together now, unlike Killer7 which took years of crap to fully understand.

Vazra

I now understand this, this is totally rad. Things are starting to come together now, unlike Killer7 which took years of crap to fully understand.

They should include this with all their games (with this type of story telling)

drotahorror

Gotta stop lookin at this thread. Looks like there's another character you play as or a new outfit. Didn't know that. Looks cool.

Zafir

Those picks are neato, Nito ;)

I winder when Leaderboards will come online? Keeps on saying I'm not connected to the internet on 2 machines so far.
Leaderboards were online when I tried it the other day. Unfortunately they seemed pretty useless because from what I could gather, it was total money collected.

Tizoc

Leaderboards were online when I tried it the other day. Unfortunately they seemed pretty useless because from what I could gather, it was total money collected.

How many people were in the LEaderboards? More than 10,000?

I have just 1 issue. The ini resets my resolution settings to 1920 x 1080 >.>
Just do what I did and make it read-only. Without that the game kept overwriting my changes and defaulting to 30fps.

I just beat this, story aside, it was a bit shorter than I thought. I think I just looked at the DLC mission number and thought there would be enough missions to fill in the gap in numbers. NOPE.

Zafir

How many people were in the LEaderboards? More than 10,000?

Well, when I tried it was only about 4-5 hours after launch. To put it into perspective, I'd done the first 3 chapters, and was already in the 350s. So at that point there wasn't that many.

Authority

Banned
Man this game is hard as fuck for me (bosses). And I am playing it in Normal. I do not even want to image what the fuck I will face later on but definitely will replay the shit out of it!

alllen

Neo Member
Game crashes in chapter 2, usually before/after the third wave of enemies comes in through those double doors. Can't seem to get past it. Oh well, guess I'll wait for a patch.

Game looks and feels much better at 1080/60fps, here's hoping they patch it so I can actually play it.

Top Bottom