• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer is Dead (PC) |OT| F*** Off Into Space!

Tain

Such deep difficulty tunings!

1xzn64J.png

That doesn't suggest that this one exposed variable is the only difference between the difficulty levels.

Did the first mission, and the game crashed 3 times in a row during the cutscene for mission 2, so I'm stuck for now I guess until it decides to stop it.

Salsa

welp, cant do the revive with 60fps either, found out on the first boss on hard :/

seems like someone found a fix without compromising the framerate? I need those revives on hard..

maybe if I "limit" the framerate to 60 on the .ini instead of just setting it to false or something?

edit: I was just laying in my bed playing and this is totally killing my viiiiiiibe dammit

Salsa

someone apparently found a fix to the revive mashing

Actually, there's a tiny bit more you need to do to make it work fully. I'm writing a steam guide, but here's the quick and dirty for 60 FPS.
mRevive_MassageRecoveryRate = 2.6
mRevive_MassageHealtDownRate = 0.98
mRevive_MassageDownPowerMax = 10.0

These numbers got it the closest to what the default numbers do at 30 FPS. Totally capable of reviving without making your arm asplode.

since the values are all there..

gonna give it a go. I do wonder tho if 60fps also means that EVERY button mash is not as effective, i.e getting less damage done when doding-> burst attacking

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

gonna give it a go. I do wonder tho if 60fps also means that EVERY button mash is not as effective, i.e getting less damage done when doding-> burst attacking

Awesome I'll add it to the OP

Added

How do I quit the game from the map?

Also, how are you guys downsampling? I have some resolutions set up already but the game doesn't go over 1920x1080

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
How do I quit the game from the map?

Also, how are you guys downsampling? I have some resolutions set up already but the game doesn't go over 1920x1080

Edit the resolution in the KidEngine.ini.

Press B on the map you will go to the office and there select Exit/Quit

Thanks for finding this dude!

Was just gonna grim and bear it.

drotahorror

Gonna try that fix out, thanks for posting.

I just had 5, FIVE failed revives when you press and hold RT and Release. Apparently it's completely RNG if you don't get the heartbeat to 100 (which isn't possible for me, but hopefully will be with the fix).

Also, with how much stuff you can edit with the config in this game I'm interested in checking out some custom configs some day.

Salsa

Hard difficulty seems about right, at least at ep 4

I only had one ticket so I had to resort to going back to a checkpoint after dying on a boss and save the ticket in case I died when he had low health. Making choices based on difficulty and succeeding so it feels pretty good in that regard, right amount of challenge

Ah man I would love to play this on my PC but I have to go back to England for a month without my PC, I guess ill have to play the PS3 whilst I am back...

drotahorror

Hard difficulty seems about right, at least at ep 4

I only had one ticket so I had to resort to going back to a checkpoint after dying on a boss and save the ticket in case I died when he had low health. Making choices based on difficulty and succeeding so it feels pretty good in that regard, right amount of challenge

Yeah I changed to very hard and thought everything was cool til the 4th episode boss. Then I put it on hard after getting owned repeatedly. He still dropped me twice though. Also, I keep seeing new dodge things, like sometimes time will extend the slow motion dodge stuff I have no idea what's going on. Also the metal gear rising blade mode thing, no idea how that happens.

Uraizen

Banned
So... it occurred to me during mission 11 that I could hold B to normal block. What are the negatives to this other than not being able to block strong attacks?

Game runs pretty smoothly on my decrepit, 5 year old Core 2 Duo T9550, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670 laptop, but even after removing the FPS limiter, it seems to vacillate between 30 and 60 unless I pick a lower resolution. I decide to settle on a locked 30 for a smoother experience at 900p and High settings.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied and the game performs to my expectations, like a well ported, UE3 based game should. Unlike fucking Thief which sucked balls and ran like ass for how it looked. Only thing lacking was some detailed graphics options, but we can change all of that in the ini files anyway.

Corpekata

Banned
How does this game run on PC? Any problems or anything?

Only problems will be if you're running at 60FPS and above 1080p, but they're easy fixes linked in the OP. Game runs really well and seems like it runs on a large variety of systems.

Clawww

pretty happy about this port. the game is seriously a visually gem. pure eye candy, amazing style. I even find the women are beautiful, which is not something that's ever really struck me in a game.

needless to say, the experience is way, way better on PC. there's just so much popping and going on for your eyeballs to absorb. it was downright disorienting on console.

hopefully some fun stuff pops up with config tweaking. I might fuck around and see about playing the game in slow-motion to ogle some of the crazy animations and effects.

mcmmaster

Enjoying the game so far, playing at 3200x1800 @ 60fps is lovely... though i'm encountering a weird bug.

Since I changed to Japanese VA on my save, i'm sure i'm still hearing the English battle grunts from Mondo. The dialogue has all changed to Japanese but the grunt sounds stayed the same, anyone else encountering this?

EDIT: Never mind, found a fix on the Steam forums thanks to user sukeacrow. Here's the fix in case anyone else encounters this:

Open up Kidengine.ini and search for:
Language=INT
change the INT to JPN and save

TwistedSyn

This is great! Thank you so much for posting this!

Can someone please explain to me what is the difference between the two methods?
The second one tells you where to change the MaxedSmoothFrameRate. I tried changing it in the DefaultEngine.ini but, it didn't work for me.

Tizoc

So you can make any edition you want, just change numbers in config file, that some new definition of laziness!

That's been the case in most games of this and past gen:
Harder modes just mean more stronger and bullet sponge-y enemies

Tizoc

OK woke up and am changing the .ini file, but have a few questions.
I've edited the following registery so it is like this
MinSmoothedFrameRate=22
MaxSmoothedFrameRate=60

I just need to set MaxSmoothed to 60, do I need to change Min as well?

Secondly, I can't find these lines of code in the Kidengine.ini
mRevive_MassageRecoveryRate = 2.6
mRevive_MassageHealtDownRate = 0.98
mRevive_MassageDownPowerMax = 10.0

I open it using Notepad and do Control+F but nothing shows up.
EDIT: OP, update that the Mika thing is in GameEngine.ini not in KidEngine!

KiraXD

Hey guys... im trying to figure out how to fix something. (newer to PC gaming so im not entirely sure what is going on)

I THINK its the Anisotropic Filtering... there seems to be a noticable line on the ground where the textures change from good to worse. it noticeable here close to Mondos feet while walking... almost like a radius in front of him...

(1080p setting in youtube isnt the best... but you can definitely see whats going on)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoFNphaYceA

I dont wanna screw with the kidengine.ini too much... (if i can even fix that in that file) but anyone know whats going on and how to change it? (i should mention that the MaxAnisotropy setting is already set to 16 if thats what this is... if not... iono lol)

Gbraga

I don't think so, a lot of people complained about the mashing in the Chapter 04 boss fight, and I managed that just fine on PC just like I did on consoles. The Mika thing was deffinitely affected though, but if it's the only thing, I don't need the fix.

TnK

Only problems will be if you're running at 60FPS and above 1080p, but they're easy fixes linked in the OP. Game runs really well and seems like it runs on a large variety of systems.

All I needed to know, thanks. Seems like I will be picking it up later on.

Try verifying integrity. Seems that fixed a few peoples issues.
Nope tried it a few times, and still crashes at the same point in the cutscene.
I'll have to accept the fate that my laptop can't handle the awesomeness of this game. Too bad, I would've liked to replay this game now :( gonna have to wait until I get another solution (meaning: get my sh*t together and complete my PC that's been sitting incomplete here for months)

Gbraga

I didn't have the pre-order DLC (bought the game digitally) on PS3, so it was my first time with the infinite gigolo glasses, man, this shit is broken.

Betty is pretty nice though, I stopped playing at Chapter 51, Takeruuuuuuuu

I wish we could get a mod to make it so we can run on slow walking segments like Chapter 5, I hate this shit so much.

OK woke up and am changing the .ini file, but have a few questions.
I've edited the following registery so it is like this

I just need to set MaxSmoothed to 60, do I need to change Min as well?

Secondly, I can't find these lines of code in the Kidengine.ini

I open it using Notepad and do Control+F but nothing shows up.
EDIT: OP, update that the Mika thing is in GameEngine.ini not in KidEngine!
There is no GameEngine.ini in my folders, I swear i've been looking for 10 minutes. :p Haven't died yet so, the issue hasn't bothered me too much.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Where the hell did that Unicorn come from?

And where did he go?

Gbraga

Deep Silver pls, this game has a lot of cool art, please change the Steam background for it. I was really excited about making the badge so I could change my background, but it seems like it won't be anytime soon.

Where the hell did that Unicorn come from?

And where did he go?

YEP

Top Bottom