• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer is Dead (PC) |OT| F*** Off Into Space!

Jito

Banned
So is the game any good, didn't read any reviews for the console version but heard it was short, ruined by screen tearing and pretty simple. Loved the last Suda game I played, Shadows of the Damned, is this worth picking up?

So is the game any good, didn't read any reviews for the console version but heard it was short, ruined by screen tearing and pretty simple. Loved the last Suda game I played, Shadows of the Damned, is this worth picking up?
Though they are completely different, If you enjoyd Shadows of the Damned you'll probably like this too.

drotahorror

Think I'll wait for a killer ini edit to appear. Sort of bummed if 60 fps affects button mashing and QTE's and the sort. But yeah, I laughed at the graphics options. Quality (I think it was) Windowed (hah) and vsync.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

The game is fun. The gameplay is simplistic but it is well executed. The story is full of symbolism everywhere and it explores some cool concepts. It doesnt make much sense at first but once you watch the cutscenes maybe twice you might get the whole picture. At the time I think it is worth picking up.

jediyoshi

Think I'll wait for a killer ini edit to appear. Sort of bummed if 60 fps affects button mashing and QTE's and the sort. But yeah, I laughed at the graphics options. Quality (I think it was) Windowed (hah) and vsync.

I haven't noticed it affecting input at all, got through 3 bosses so far.

Yeah, you can't do the revive mashing thing unless I'm doing it wrong. I can mash with the best of them, but I just can't get revived. Otherwise I'm loving it, gameplay's alot more fun than I expected.

*in 60fps

Yeah, you can't do the revive mashing thing unless I'm doing it wrong. I can mash with the best of them, but I just can't get revived. Otherwise I'm loving it, gameplay's alot more fun than I expected.
I just tested it, worked on my end.
EDIT: Nevermind! I set my MaxSmoothedFrameRate configs to FALSE. I just tried it again with it set to 60 and it didn't work.

Tizoc

Achievement list is the same as the one from PS3/360 versions!

Speaking of which, apparently Playfire will have rewards for the game next week.
Eff the Cash Cheevo/Trophy though that was one of the most boring cheevos I had to grind in the PS3 ver.

Dr Dogg

Speaking of which, apparently Playfire will have rewards for the game next week.
Eff the Cash Cheevo/Trophy though that was one of the most boring cheevos I had to grind in the PS3 ver.

Sweet. At least I can get back to Wolf and not feel guilty. Yeah that looked super grindy, might cost more in electricity than what you get back in credit!

TwistedSyn

Here are some more 4K images.

jjM.jpg

njM.jpg

Gbraga

I'll probably play it tomorrow, this night I won't have time for it, but can't wait to see some smooth 60fps KID action. The shots are glorious.

Can I expect DmC performance from this game?

TwistedSyn

Mohasus

How are you running in 4k?

GeDoSaTo or just editing the ini file? Mine seems to reset to 2560x1440 and the game doesn't start when GeDoSaTo is activated. :(

TwistedSyn

How are you running in 4k?

GeDoSaTo or just editing the ini file? Mine seems to reset to 2560x1440 and the game doesn't start when GeDoSaTo is activated. :(

GeDoSaTo does not work. I have tried with many settings and once it gets to the loading screen it freezes. Did you test your screen to see if it fits your custom resolutions? If you did just follow these instructions.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/261110/discussions/0/522728180999374522/

This is the last batch for today.

Also how do you resize the images in bbcode? Because I have tried so many things and they don't work. I must be missing something...

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
GeDoSaTo does not work. I have tried with many settings and once it gets to the loading screen it freezes. Did you test your screen to see if it fits your custom resolutions? If you did just follow these instructions.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/261110/discussions/0/522728180999374522/

This is the last batch for today.

Also how do you resize the images in bbcode? Because I have tried so many things and they don't work. I must be missing something...

sjM.jpg

ujM.jpg

Use the quote code.
(Insert image or images) /QUOTE] (Remember to add [ to /QUOTE] as I was doing it incomplete so I wouldnt be actually quoting nothing

The Revive mash thing definitely doesn't work for me, tried it again. The bpm maxes at 70-ish and then plummets to usually 35 even though I'm mashing as hard as possible. Then it's at 0 when you're supposed to push RT, and then fails. 1/10 times it succeeds due to some bug where I mash all the buttons on the controller as I'm holding RT down.

But I don't mind too much as it adds a layer of challenge; don't die. Going Very Hard on my first playthrough might not have been the best choice, but it's quite fun.

Lovin the game, it's Suda through and through, in glorious 1080p/ 60fps.

Is the endless punch still in the game? In the console release, there was a bug that repeated the punching animation with no continued input. Can't remember the exact button combination but I was able to do it on command back at release.

Tizoc

The Revive mash thing definitely doesn't work for me, tried it again. The bpm maxes at 70-ish and then plummets to usually 35 even though I'm mashing as hard as possible. Then it's at 0 when you're supposed to push RT, and then fails. 1/10 times it succeeds due to some bug where I mash all the buttons on the controller as I'm holding RT down.

But I don't mind too much as it adds a layer of challenge; don't die. Going Very Hard on my first playthrough might not have been the best choice, but it's quite fun.

You can replay any stage on any difficulty after unlocking it. Play on Normal first and max out as many of your stats as you can then on Hard and Very Hard do a clean up. Playing at max stats and abilities on Hard and Very Hard makes them less irritating. I hate how on Hard enemies can attack you even while you are attacking them, but hey if you're careful enough, you can pull off a dodge counter and do a Banderas.GIF

Apparently the Revive mash mechanic is broken/incredibly bloody difficult at 60 FPS, according to the framerate unlocker guide on Steam.

Authority

Banned
This game is EPIC son.

tumblr_n61fibNGdt1ro5y21o1_500.gif

tumblr_mqvrnmIOeb1qbg80vo1_500.png

Killer Is Dead x Lollipop Chainsaw
Details are scarce, but some sort of mashup between two of Suda51’s most recent games is on the way. I’d assume there will be DLC to play as Juliet in Killer Is Dead

Fucking-Day-1
e5l2Mq2.png

Gbraga

If nothing came of it, I don't think it would now that Gung Ho owns them. They're probably just focused on Lily Bergamo.

cj_iwakura

By the way, if anyone's interested in a write-up on Suda/Kill The Past lore that I spent way too many hours on, enjoy.

I'd make a thread about it here if I could, I'll probably just toss it in a community thread if someone make one.

Dr Dogg

All this extra talk about Suda just reminds me I just pick up a copy of Hand in Killer7 if I see one turn up that doesn't cost a small fortune. Shame there was any digital extras with KiD, especial a more complete soundtrack that what PS3 retail got.

Top Bottom