• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 - Euro GAF Clan Thread of Livin' La Vida Loca

Lince

Banned
Cagen said:
Why haven't you put your name down Lince?

Versus: ********
Teams: 8vs8
Time: Sunday, May 17th, 10:45PM BST.
Map: SM
VP: 250
Modes: All
FF: Off
Classes: All
Weapons: RL, GL and Sniper banned
Roster: Cagen, Lince

you know I'm always down for every GAFe game, even with that shitty assault/boost stuff that drive me crazy in laggy clan games.

on a different note, I met the clan leader of top-clan "Legalice Cannabis" (he's a freshman at my college) while having some coffee and playing poker during a break in the cafetería. I told him his clan is full of fucking cheaters and stuff but he replied they play "by the rules" nowadays, he tried to snatch me away from GAFe and I said he could lick my balls instead, anyway apart from the videogames the kid is nice and all so he's on my PSN list waiting for some GAFe challenge.

Facism

Lince said:
Versus: ********
Roster: Cagen, Lince

you know I'm always down for every GAFe game, even with that shitty assault/boost stuff that drive me crazy in laggy clan games.

on a different note, I met the clan leader of top-clan "Legalice Cannabis" (he's a freshman at my college) while having some coffee and playing poker during a break in the cafetería. I told him his clan is full of fucking cheaters and stuff but he replied they play "by the rules" nowadays, he tried to snatch me away from GAFe and I said he could lick my balls instead, anyway apart from the videogames the kid is nice and all so he's on my PSN list waiting for some GAFe challenge.

lick your balls :lol

put me down for the match tonight, cagen. If anything, i can grief those VGCUNTZZZZZZ muppets with chicken and the rice.

dazed808

Oh shitcakes, not these laggy fuckwits again. Time to do some demoting I think Dr.(Congrats on getting the Thesis done btw mate).

As usual, I'll do my best to make it tonight but there's no guarantee that even if I'm online I can play, so just put me down as a reserve.

-viper-

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Yes, Viper and Neg... end them.

I'll play in that laggy piece of shit match if you guy are.
I'll end you

m7ue5c.jpg

I'll play in the match if you need someone to play.

Wowbagger

Eh, don't remember what clan it was. Lost the 3v3. Well, we got third place, so gained five VP, I think. Our second opponent never showed. :/

Cagen

I actually might not make it, depends if I get home in time so I'll possibly go reserve for it.

Versus: Laggy B'stards
Roster: Bacon, Lince, Live, Viper, Wowbagger

Reserve: Cagen, Rick

So we have 5 definite, we need 3 others.

KZObsessed

And watch some shitty low res vid on my laptop? No thanx. Would take me hours to download anyway. May as well watch them on ma big TV.

-viper-

Banned
FFObsessed said:
And watch some shitty low res vid on my laptop? No thanx. Would take me hours to download anyway. May as well watch them on ma big TV.
You can download a HD copy. Put it on a USB and watch with your PS3.

DunpealD

Cagen said:
I actually might not make it, depends if I get home in time so I'll possibly go reserve for it.

Versus: Laggy B'stards
Roster: Bacon, Lince, Live, Viper, Wowbagger

Reserve: Cagen, Rick

So we have 5 definite, we need 3 others.

This whole thing feels like a deja vu. Not too sure if I can make it.

KZObsessed

Viper, I realised earlier that you can change the difficulty on that UFC demo. We were playing it on beginner. Gonna try Expert tonight and get pummeled :p

-viper-

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Viper, I realised earlier that you can change the difficulty on that UFC demo. We were playing it on beginner. Gonna try Expert tonight and get pummeled :p
I tried playing as Shogun. Chuck KOed me with pretty quickly. lol.

-viper-

Banned
Facism said:
Not sure whether to go with PS3 or 360 version of UFC. Depends on PS3's MP using Lamespy or not.
I would've liked to get UFC but I don't have much money to spend on games. I chose Infamous, especially since it has the U2 beta key D:

Facism

-viper- said:
I would've liked to get UFC but I don't have much money to spend on games. I chose Infamous, especially since it has the U2 beta key D:

Fair enough mate.

I'll miss you :'0

beast786

Challenge has been Sent.

From IGN: Helghast Serious Buisness

Map SM
8v8
No assault or rockets

Please accept so i can get it organized

thanks

Facism

Re5 is a suckfest, completely forgettable.

GG on whoever sorted that clanmatch against VGCUNTZZZZZ.

It warms my heart to see a guy take a M4 bullet, shots from the m82 and run through an exploding barrel only needing 2 more m4 shots to down. Laggy bastards with apparently perfect aims.

sorry about the disconnect. PSN shit a brick for me. Probably saved me some stress.

KZObsessed

Facism said:
Re5 is a suckfest, completely forgettable.

GG on whoever sorted that clanmatch against VGCUNTZZZZZ.

It warms my heart to see a guy take a M4 bullet, shots from the m82 and run through an exploding barrel only needing 2 more m4 shots to down. Laggy bastards with apparently perfect aims.

sorry about the disconnect. PSN shit a brick for me. Probably saved me some stress.

urgh. That's why I said in the chat to NOT accept it and after the original game to never play those laggy cunts again. Apparently whoever accepted it thought they'd take the piss.

Wish I could have played in it tho. Sorry for missing it.

Facism

FFObsessed said:
urgh. That's why I said in the chat to NOT accept it and after the original game to never play those laggy cunts again. Apparently whoever accepted it thought they'd take the piss.

Wish I could have played in it tho. Sorry for missing it.

Yeh, i never played the first game with them and remember the chatter about the laggy glitching bullshit that was apparent.

I'm thinking that we thin the officers out to those who actually put effort into setting games up and advertising them in this thread.

Dave1988

FFObsessed said:
lol

I'm getting inFAMOUS, UFC and FNR4.

Still need to get RE5 actually, want to play co-op in that Lince?

You can always play RE5 with me :)

That is if I mange to lay off of Persona 4 for a while :lol

Cagen

We've been challenged by IGN, 8v8 on Salmon Market, who is game so I can accept?

Versus: Helghast Serious Business (IGN)
Time: Sunday, May 24th, 11:00PM BST.
VP: 10
Classes: Assault banned
Weapons: RL and GL banned
Roster: Cagen, Live, Lince, Dan, Josh, Rick

FFObsessed said:
lol

I'm getting inFAMOUS, UFC and FNR4.

Still need to get RE5 actually, want to play co-op in that Lince?

I've still only played the first mission in RE5 after buying it on launch day. I'll play through it with you Josh.

Just got disconnected so decided to call it a night, I am glad I have another fan, in Beamer, of my singing though.

Cagen

There is also a 2v2 challenge from Elite Portuguese Squad, on Tharsis, on 21 May 2009 07:00PM BST if anyone wants to sort it out amongst yourselves and accept it as it only needs 2 people. Post here if you do though so we don't get more then one set of two thinking they are playing.

Facism

Cagen said:
We've been challenged by IGN, 8v8 on Salmon Market, who is game so I can accept?

Roster: Cagen

I've still only played the first mission in RE5 after buying it on launch day. I'll play through it with you Josh.

Just got disconnected so decided to call it a night, I am glad I have another fan, in Beamer, of my singing though.

I'll be down for that. We should take it seriously though. Hopefully the IGN boys aren't massive jokers like the VGCUNTZZZZZ bellends.

Lince

Banned
Cagen said:
Roster: Cagen, Live, Lince

hi guys

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Bleh. That says it all about the ******** match really. Sorry for getting my arse so easily slayed on the Ass. round.

Anyways, put me on the roster for the IGN match if you will. Me lady can't make it though.

[/Dan]

KZObsessed

Yeah I'll play in the IGN game. They're supposed to be very good according to beast right? Should be a great challenge. Maybe our hardest game.

Rolf NB

ilanna said:
I'll spectate! I tried to yesterday but it wouldn't work for me, weird.
I think spectators can be disabled in the server settings. Whoever set up that match turned the option off.
Cagen said:

Roster: Cagen, Live, Lince, Dan, Josh, Rick
You can have me again.

As a rule of thumb, I will never play against VCFartz again, no matter how short you are, no matter how nicely you ask, and it will take something very special for me to turn up for any match where boost is enabled and ff is off.

IGN will likely be all US-based players, so in terms of lag thist won't be an optimal match for any of us either. At least we can be certain nobody's going to boost around like an aroused pelican.

Guerilla will soon lose me as a player if they don't patch in pre-join match info.

Cagen said:
There is also a 2v2 challenge from Elite Portuguese Squad, on Tharsis, on 21 May 2009 07:00PM BST if anyone wants to sort it out amongst yourselves and accept it as it only needs 2 people. Post here if you do though so we don't get more then one set of two thinking they are playing.
I'll pass on this one, just for the record. I'm there but I have no confidence in my aptitude for a 2vs2 match.

Lince

Banned
who was host yesterday in that awful 3 seconds-delay game? I asked my fav teacher this morning about hosting and lag and he believes not only the host has an advantage but the whole team if they all happen to be in the same country/region as the host, meaning they send and receive data much quicker so when you think you're emptying a full clip on someone the truth is you've been already killed and your bullets no longer register, you're just dead for the host and a ghost in your game. Basically they see you before you see them and have 2-3 extra seconds to kill you.

rage!

Rolf NB

And a general tip: do not try to play bodycount versus an organized team on that fucking bridge. Stick to ground level, hold the turret encampments, make sweeps in the back-alleys behind the buildings and on the ground level.
High ground holds almost no advantage on Salamun, the bridge railings are so high that you can't shoot anyone on the ground level anyway.

We were basically smashing against the full 8 people, half of them on the bridge or coming over to our spawn, the other half hanging back and taking pot-shots through the windows. It's impossible to win this setup unless you somehow all spawn at once and can make a clean sweep through the entire enemy team.

What we should have had were two spawn points on the ground floors of the two buildings, on both opposing sides of the street. Edge up the stairs in small groups and flank their position. Hope they withdraw to somewhere else or their spawn runs out before ours.

Lag certainly didn't help us, but we played that one not so smartly anyway I'm afraid.

Top Bottom