• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 - Euro GAF Clan Thread of Livin' La Vida Loca

dazed808

bcn-ron said:
I think spectators can be disabled in the server settings. Whoever set up that match turned the option off.

Was a weird glitch as both Dun and me spectated, though the first time I tried it wouldn't let me in.

Lince

Banned
yeah we need to get to the bridge before them and have two spawns there, one for each stairs access, c4+turrets spam and win, but if they already got there before us then let's switch to plan B.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
bcn-ron said:
I think spectators can be disabled in the server settings. Whoever set up that match turned the option off.
I know, but Dunpeal and Rick were spectating, but for some reason I couldn't. :(

dazed808

Lince said:
yeah we need to get to the bridge before them and have two spawns there, one for each stairs access, c4+turrets spam and win, but if they already got there before us then let's switch to plan B.

Yep the bridge is fine when you get there first and the player counts are equal. We were 2 down in numbers during bodycount and even when it seemed as if we had gained control up there they just swarmed back in with their greater numbers and fucked us over.
Also, on Salami it's vital to keep control of the MG's during search and destroy. Once the opposition get a sustained hold of them it's so difficult to hold them off long enough to plant/defuse. Saying that, by some miracle you guys won the S&D attack last night even with 2 men short and no control of MG's but that is a rare occurance.

-viper-

Banned
I'd like to play against IGN.

Agree on getting the MGs Rick. We need to get the one near the Assassination defend point too. There was hardly anyone putting up the MGs yesterday.

FFObsessed said:
lol

I'm getting inFAMOUS, UFC and FNR4.

Still need to get RE5 actually, want to play co-op in that Lince?
I thought you were going to play co-op with me. remember how good we were in the demo? :p

Rolf NB

-viper- said:
I'd like to play against IGN.

Agree on getting the MGs Rick. We need to get the one near the Assassination defend point too. There was hardly anyone putting up the MGs yesterday.
I repaired the MGs on our side several times, they just kept destroying them. During assasination I switched to boost because the spawn was far, far away from where I needed to be. I had no idea the MG was back down at that point (when you spawn at ground level, the spawn map only shows you items at ground level, stupidly).

KZObsessed

Sure viper, I'll play co-op with you, Dave and Cagen. I would want my platinum! :p

If someone else takes the bridge, having spawns downstairs isn't that great as they'll just camp the stairs. I guess you could try and lob grenades up and go outside to the "sniper tower" and lob grenades through the windows and try and pick people off on the bridge. Might be good idea to switch to snipers and take them out from a far. Then change before the end. That way you can also set up for the next rounds, S&D or Assassination defend etc and repair MG turrets and such.

Cagen

Line up is as follows and I've accepted the challenge.

Versus: Helghast Serious Business (IGN)
Teams: 8vs8
Time: Sunday, May 24th, 11:00PM BST.
Map: SM
VP: 10
Modes: All
FF: Off
Classes: Assault banned
Weapons: RL and GL banned
Roster: Cagen, Live, Lince, Dan, Josh, Rick, Bacon, Viper

Lince

Banned
Cagen said:
Declined the match against VGLaggyTwats so no not entirely smart person accepts it again like last time.

lol

now I expect this "not entirely smart" guy sending a challenge to VG himself :lol :lol

Cagen

AV Forums have challenged us, the clan we faced in the semi-final of the Clan Warfare tournament. Details as follows, so sign up guys, sadly it is on one of the worst maps in the game but never mind.

Versus: AVF
Time: Sunday, May 31th, 3:15PM BST.
Map: PR
VP: 1000
Roster: Cagen, Live, Raist, Dan, Wowbagger, Lince, Chryz, Josh
Reserve: Rick

dazed808

Think it was the Semi's we played against the AVF lads. They were the one's screaming "OMFG they were all rocket whoring noobs" on their forum after the match, even though they whored as much as we did.
Anyways, should be able to make it so add me please mate.

Facism

I'd like to play with the AVF guys again, without the bullshit Boosting and RL.

Shame it's on PoS Rise, though. Will facilitate the handful of excellent snipers they have in the clan.

Cagen

Yeah, semi-final... that's what I said...

ShiftyEyes.gif

dazed808

Just been having a quick look on the Av Forums clan pages and saw they are entering this - http://www.bounceyjames.co.uk/league/registration.asp

From what's said on the forum it seems they played in the previous one and it was well run and friendly but does seem like they are looking for UK based clans as a preference.

Anyways, I realise interest has dropped off for clan games and there's the Infamous release this week which is probably gonna drop people's KZ2 time down drastically but thought i'd see what everyone thought about joining.

Edit: Seems like the games are once a week, on a day/time organised between the participating clans and 8v8. (Based on the last one anyway)

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Put me down for it too. It'll be good to play a half-decent clan with more room to breathe and use stratagy. I'll ask Ilanna if she can make it for this one.

[/Dan]

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
ilanna said:
Put me down for it too. It'll be good to play a half-decent clan with more room to breathe and use stratagy. I'll ask Ilanna if she can make it for this one.

[/Dan]
Nope, I only play friendly matches with clan members, nooo clan matches! Unless its 16v16. :p I'm not hardcore like you guys.

dazed808

Lince said:
put me down for this AVF game too (as a reserve, as you are already 8) :D

You missed the last clan game, so you go on the list and I'll go standby. Also, Sunday afternoons is a time family tend to drop in unannounced so it's probably best if you play if you can definitely make it.

Cagen

Final line up looks like this.

Versus: AVF
Time: Sunday, May 31th, 3:15PM BST.
Map: PR
VP: 1000
Roster: Cagen, Live, Raist, Dan, Wowbagger, Lince, Chryz, Josh
Reserve: Rick

I'll send out basic map strat closer to the game as I want us a bit more organised for this match so we definitely win.

Lince

Banned
dazed808 said:
You missed the last clan game, so you go on the list and I'll go standby. Also, Sunday afternoons is a time family tend to drop in unannounced so it's probably best if you play if you can definitely make it.

I'll bring your dog tag to the battlefield and soak it in enemy's blood.

KZObsessed

The games we had last night were hilarious. Playing 4 vs 1 against gvirus and letting him plant the charges then diffusing them with 10 seconds left to "crush his dreams" :lol

Facism

FFObsessed said:
The games we had last night were hilarious. Playing 4 vs 1 against gvirus and letting him plant the charges then diffusing them with 10 seconds left to "crush his dreams" :lol

Imagine he was a Liverpool fan.

It makes it that much sweeter.

Facism

Back from having my right wisdom teeth out.

Fucking unpleasant. Needed 7 injections to get numb :lol

The wounds look like a seal mauled by Killer Whale. They gon stiiiing when the anasthetic wears off.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Ugh, I have man-flu. I'll still be there for the IGN match, but I may not be as sharp as usual. It may be worth looking into substitutes if it doesn't clear up by then.

[/Dan]

ChryZ

Facism said:
Back from having my right wisdom teeth out.

Fucking unpleasant. Needed 7 injections to get numb :lol

The wounds look like a seal mauled by Killer Whale. They gon stiiiing when the anasthetic wears off.
Fucking hell, get well soon. Have some ultra-high-% booze to disinfect and for knockoutery.

Facism

It's fine, my mouth just aches atm. Haven't eaten all day, either. Still bleeding a little, not so bad as it was.

Glad they're out. No more toothache hell for the foreseeable future :D

Cagen

Facism said:
It's fine, my mouth just aches atm. Haven't eaten all day, either. Still bleeding a little, not so bad as it was.

Glad they're out. No more toothache hell for the foreseeable future :D

I've just had a pizza and it was good!

On a serious note, hohe hand have challenged us to match. No valor involved so I guess it is a friendly not that I have any idea who these guys are :lol.

Versus: hohe hand
Teams: 4vs4
Time: Sunday, May 24th, 8:30PM BST.
Map: TD
VP: 0
Roster: Viper, Chryz
Reserve: Cagen

As we have a couple of more high profile games that the usual suspects are signed up for I'll leave this one for the guys who either didn't get into those games or don't get to play many. That being said if no one signs up then we (the usual suspects) will obviously play so sign up as a reserve, just remember we also have a match at 11pm the same night.

-viper-

Banned
i want to play

p.s. did you know good oral hygiene is the basis of good health? backaches, headaches, vulnerability to illnesses can be down to bad oral hygiene. not brushing your teeth could increase your risk to swine flu, for example.

:O

I want to be a dentist

Rolf NB

Too early for me. I might barely make it, but I'd rather not commit.

What happened last night btw? We were six or seven, then Lince said he'd take a break and a few minutes later everyone was gone :(

Lince

Banned
bcn-ron said:
Too early for me. I might barely make it, but I'd rather not commit.

What happened last night btw? We were six or seven, then Lince said he'd take a break and a few minutes later everyone was gone :(

we joined a private server because you were ruining our games, sorry.

Cagen

Lince said:
we joined a private server because you were ruining our games, sorry.

:lol

Lince probably stopped playing so he could ask his butler to set up a tea party in the royal gardens.

Lince

Banned
Cagen said:
:lol

Lince probably stopped playing so he could ask his butler to set up a tea party in the royal gardens.

honestly, it would have been the right thing to do, summer has come early this year to Spain.

Raist

Banned
Soooo this is not KZ2-related at all, but as some of you already know, I may be in London for a few days in July. I'll travel from Amsterdam to Dublin, so London is a nice stopover.

I have no definitive plans for Amsterdam yet, but I shall go to Dublin on the 24th. Since I'm not going to spend a week+ in London, I'll be there during the week, unfortunately. So, if I am there say, from Monday 20th till Friday 24th, would some of you brits be able to come to London for a sweet GAFe meet-up? :D
I know most of you work so it might not be easy, but maybe you could take a day off? Like, puh-leeze? So it should be on tuesday, mednesday or thrusday since I'll travel on Monday and Friday. That would be so awesum.

Cagen

Depending on how much the train is and that I am not at work :lol (I did have an interview today though), I'll come down.

On a more Killzone 2 related matter , I accepted this challenge as Josh and myself will play in it.

Roster: Viper, Chryz, Cagen, Josh-I steal everyone's kills-ua

Cagen

FFObsessed said:
^^ :lol you steal mine as well! :p

Come online now I wanna pway :(

Dude, wtf.

I just put the dog to bed, came upstairs, got naked, logged onto gaf, got comfortable and relaxed. Not specifically in that order.

Cagen

matches.jpg

Roster: Viper, Chryz, Cagen, Josh-I steal everyone's kills-ua

Versus: Helghast Serious Business (IGN)
Time: Sunday, May 24th, 11:00PM BST.
Map: SM
VP: 10
Roster: Cagen, Live, Lince, Dan, Josh, Rick, Bacon, Viper

I'll send the basic map strat to refresh peoples memories or explain them if you haven't seen them yet for Salmon. I'm not sure about class designation as I believe half of you use Sab as your preferred class :lol.

Top Bottom